Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your Thoughts on Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Minitokyo

Your Thoughts on Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

Tagged under Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

At first, card games on motorbikes sounded a little absurd. But after watching season 1, I could say this could be one of the best spin-offs yet (GX sucked). The animation & story plot makes you wonder "All THIS just for a teadious card game..." 5D's is so good it had an OVA in the last jump convention.

What do you think of the series?

5D's Caption: Vol.1

BakagetaKoto

BakagetaKoto

Ano Baka-san desu!

Hey... Wslasher.... Aren't you the Wslasher from Janime? ^^ *is the Bakageta Koto from Janime*

I thought the idea of card games on motorcycles was really odd when I first heard of it. (I like to call it Yu-Gi-Oh! BMX XD) But, after seeing the first few epidoses, I really got into it. I think that's mostly due to Yusei being serious like Yugi, rather than a happy-go-lucky airhead like Juudai. But, I really appreciated the amount of thought that has gone into the new series. Let's hope it lengthens the Yu-gi-Oh fandom. ^^

I just hope that 4Kids doesn't kill the general perception of 5Ds, like they did with GX... >>

EarthAngel1

EarthAngel1

Hero's Aren't born their made

5's stinks with no real link to the past characters. and making duel's turbo duels really wasn't all that big of an improvement on the series. Personally 4kids should have just finished the Yugioh GX series. cause they left all the fans of the version of the series hangin.

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

Quote by EarthAngel15's stinks with no real link to the past characters. and making duel's turbo duels really wasn't all that big of an improvement on the series. Personally 4kids should have just finished the Yugioh GX series. cause they left all the fans of the version of the series hangin.

What are you talking about, Ushio is seen in the first episode & he's from season 0.

GX was an epic fail, plotwise. 4Kids didn't air season 4 because it had some demonic feel to the final antagonist w/c they won't be able to censor much.

5D's is what the fans call "The show that saved the franchise."

And judging by your post, your watching the dubbed episodes. Try watching the original Japanese version. It's better!

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's is better but not superior a original YU-GI-OH.

YGO 5D's is very very good ^^

YokoKurama01

YokoKurama01

The Dueling Wolf Demon Alchemist

I just finished watching episode 21 and it's really good so far.
Can't wait to see the rest.
=]

Hey! Nothing you can say(say), nothing's gonna take what you done to me.
Now it's time to shine(shine), you'll never take what's mine!
You're gonna burn in my light.

A Proud member of
Duelist Chronicle
Kasumi-Chan

It's Really cool O_O I like it >_<

I rather YGO 5D's than GX, and I liked it than the original YGO, YU-GI-OH! 5D's is so great, motorbike, yes sound absurd but you watch is cool XD. Yusei Fudo rules

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Yu-GI-Oh trying to be edgy /swt thats a tough realization to come to but meh -.- I can't stand 5Ds although I feel there is a conspiracy towards me breaking down and watching it. Why does the second opening have to be by alice nine -_= and the EPIC song too -_=

meh sig banners are overrated

At first i thought this would be nothing, but afetr the first ep, I really liked it....atleast more than GX. GX started good at season one and then went bad...5D season 3 and it's still good. and I love synchro

Ken wa kyoki. Kenjutsu wa satsujinjutsu.

The whole card games and motorbikes being necessary to stop some evil plot that threatens the entire world still seems kinda hard to take in. Kinda like how in the regular Yugioh, Yugi has to stop plots to take over the world/bring about the end of the world using collectable trading cards.

GX was good through Seasons 1 and 2.

It was Seasons 3 and 4 that made it tank when the writers actually seemed to LISTEN to people's constant complaints about it "not being dark enough" and whatnot like Duel Monsters was when GX WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. It was meant to be a much lighter Yu-Gi-Oh! series for a more "casual" environment over the fate of the world hanging in the balance in virtually every Arc. As a result of them trying to change things, the story got messed up, other main characters that were shown strongly before are shoved to the background, girls that started out strong (like Asuka and Aki) end up being reduced to little more than reincarnations of Anzu/Tea in Duel Monsters (cheerleaders for the main hero), and newer things that take place have little to no explanation, thus make no real sense and that worsens things coupled with various retconning or just outright forgetting about them.

5D's started out great and went strongly through the Dark Signers Arc.

Lately though, however, it has gone quite a bit downhill with all the pointless filler episodes and, like GX, is falling prey to the "Gary Stu" (Crow) who ends up pushing other longer-time main characters to the background a majority of the time (Aki, Rua, and Ruka). He's basically the Johan of 5D's; minimal backstory, just thrown into a main character position, Duels seem to be about advertising his cards over actual story involvement, and a bunch of things happen with him that have NO real explanation to them (like why he was suddenly made a Signer). Basically, the writers keep retconning things that we've known for a while just for Crow's convenience it seems.

5D's pretty much caught the same sickness GX Seasons 3 and 4 did with how things are going. It's like they keep dragging out fillers just to buy themselves time to think about what to ACTUALLY do next.

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by BakagetaKotoHey... Wslasher.... Aren't you the Wslasher from Janime? ^^ *is the Bakageta Koto from Janime*

I thought the idea of card games on motorcycles was really odd when I first heard of it. (I like to call it Yu-Gi-Oh! BMX XD) But, after seeing the first few epidoses, I really got into it. I think that's mostly due to Yusei being serious like Yugi, rather than a happy-go-lucky airhead like Juudai. But, I really appreciated the amount of thought that has gone into the new series. Let's hope it lengthens the Yu-gi-Oh fandom. ^^

I just hope that 4Kids doesn't kill the general perception of 5Ds, like they did with GX... >>

I'm from janime as a matter of fact. I don't go there anymore though, there community is pretty busted these days.

Personally I think that 5Ds is a marketing conspiracy. I mean GX was ok but 5Ds is just way out there like whadafrik is it even Yu-Gi-Oh anymore o_O I mean who woulda thought about dueling on motorcycles? Are they trying to be hardcore?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/bishounen-otaku/5ds.jpg

auhauahuahua hardcore

meh sig banners are overrated

Quote by fujyoshi

Quote by BakagetaKotoPersonally I think that 5Ds is a marketing conspiracy. I mean GX was ok but 5Ds is just way out there like whadafrik is it even Yu-Gi-Oh anymore o_O I mean who woulda thought about dueling on motorcycles? Are they trying to be hardcore?

Especially when you consider the fact that the stuff meant SPECIFICALLY for the Riding Duels will probably NEVER come out.

But that's what I meant with how 5D's, at least now, has been reduced to tons of nigh pointless (even if good-looking) filler episodes that are more about card advertising than the actual story at hand. Especially the Duels involving Crow, with Yusei and Jack right behind. Personally, I want to see more decent, general Plant and Deformer support from Aki, Rua, and Ruka (who only had TWO DUELS HERSELF THE ENTIRE SERIES), but noooo, it's all about Black Feathers and almost random/"new" stuff from Yusei and Jack.

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

5ds rocked and Gx rocked Iga So neos Judai was the man

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

My stance on 5D's is pretty much akin to LittleKuriboh's.

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

i see and ok

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

CoolMiki

CoolMiki

Q(-.-Q) just try!

I like 5d's alot. Im not sure y they are on motorcycles tho.
I rly like the plot and the episode where Jack steals the crimson dragon for his bestfriend and throw a poor kid in the ocean. (surprisingly i dont know their names)

Anime lover!

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

Quote by CoolMikiI like 5d's alot. Im not sure y they are on motorcycles tho.
I rly like the plot and the episode where Jack steals the crimson dragon for his bestfriend and throw a poor kid in the ocean. (surprisingly i dont know their names)

The card Jack stole was not the Crimson Dragon, rather, Yusei's Stardust Dragon.

thank you ....

muy buena serie =D

secretzfan

secretzfan

I love anmie

Quote by HalfDemonInuyashaGX was good through Seasons 1 and 2.

It was Seasons 3 and 4 that made it tank when the writers actually seemed to LISTEN to people's constant complaints about it "not being dark enough" and whatnot like Duel Monsters was when GX WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. It was meant to be a much lighter Yu-Gi-Oh! series for a more "casual" environment over the fate of the world hanging in the balance in virtually every Arc. As a result of them trying to change things, the story got messed up, other main characters that were shown strongly before are shoved to the background, girls that started out strong (like Asuka and Aki) end up being reduced to little more than reincarnations of Anzu/Tea in Duel Monsters (cheerleaders for the main hero), and newer things that take place have little to no explanation, thus make no real sense and that worsens things coupled with various retconning or just outright forgetting about them.

5D's started out great and went strongly through the Dark Signers Arc.

Lately though, however, it has gone quite a bit downhill with all the pointless filler episodes and, like GX, is falling prey to the "Gary Stu" (Crow) who ends up pushing other longer-time main characters to the background a majority of the time (Aki, Rua, and Ruka). He's basically the Johan of 5D's; minimal backstory, just thrown into a main character position, Duels seem to be about advertising his cards over actual story involvement, and a bunch of things happen with him that have NO real explanation to them (like why he was suddenly made a Signer). Basically, the writers keep retconning things that we've known for a while just for Crow's convenience it seems.

5D's pretty much caught the same sickness GX Seasons 3 and 4 did with how things are going. It's like they keep dragging out fillers just to buy themselves time to think about what to ACTUALLY do next.

Yea thought that too, but it is not completely like GX too me. It has that YGO original flare. Unlike GX it becomes a simplified upgrade. Not that dark, but something to ease up. Iam just saying since they hadthe crash town arc I might as well give them thumbs up on it. That arc brings you back to the dark signers.

merged: 03-16-2010 ~ 04:58am
The series is neat. Especially in the dark signer arc. Season 3 is kinda dull, but the ask for less motorcycles so they gave it to them, and they needed to do the upgrade. I love the beginning how they are separated. It brings a sense of freedom. Like in the world of today. Those people who live in the projects and those like us who live in the middle class or rich.

I am a big DBZ fan at heart, but I like other anime thanks to there storyline. DBZ is the reason I love Bleach I am a lonley person. I have no ral friends in the world, and so I go to anime and it closes up the saddens I feel with joy. [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/Ggumm.gif[/IMG]Signature Image

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.