Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Excessive Pop-ups - Minitokyo

Excessive Pop-ups

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Has anyone else been getting a ton of pop-ups? It seems since the server switch, almost everything causes a pop-up in Minitokyo. Also, there are these nasty "male enhancement" ads constantly being displayed in the advertisement section (both top and right ads). I've had the same ones for over 3 days now. I'm using a family computer so it isn't something everybody should be seeing. Here is what I've been seeing:
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4386/annoyinghp7.th.jpg

I don't know if there is a way for admins or anyone to change the content that is being advertised, but if there is, do you think you can change it to something more family-friendly?

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

I personally haven't been getting pop-ups and I only get ads if they're flash. I use Firefox and got the Adblock Plus add-on and it takes care of most ads on the page for me. Although I know it's not ideal if you don't want to use Firefox.
I got it in the first place because the ads on MT were driving me up the wall so I know how you feel. Hopefully something can be done :o

Signature

Quote by ASH-HikariI personally haven't been getting pop-ups and I only get ads if they're flash. I use Firefox and got the Adblock Plus add-on and it takes care of most ads on the page for me. Although I know it's not ideal if you don't want to use Firefox.
I got it in the first place because the ads on MT were driving me up the wall so I know how you feel. Hopefully something can be done :o

Same here. I have Firefox and Ad Block plus. I didn't get it for Minitokyo but I was happy when I saw the ads gone. It also blocks popups so I've never gotten any.

Thanks you two. I got that add-on for FireFox and it completely eliminated all the pop-ups. ^_^

ChiekoKawabe

ChiekoKawabe

Music, music, I love K-Pop!!

Hmm... even though your problem's solved, it's kinda funny. This browser doesn't have pop up blocker and I don't get any pop ups either. >_>;

Quote by ChiekoKawabeHmm... even though your problem's solved, it's kinda funny. This browser doesn't have pop up blocker and I don't get any pop ups either. >_>;

Uh Firefox includes a pop-up blocker by default. I have Adblock Plus too, and NoScript (plus plenty of other things), so all I see is Minitokyo.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.