Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 IB diploma - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 16 total items

hey does anybody take the international baccelaureate diploma? how is it like...?

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

what the hell is that.

Don't take it if you have to. It's absolute TORTUUUURE. Our EE (Extended Essay) is due next Monday. D:

Anyway yeah. It's like hell in high school, but colleges in North America and in Western Europe absolutely love it.

It's heeeeeelllll. And I'm only getting a certificate. One. haha.
The people I know taking the full program don't get to sleep or eat or do anything they love but work 18 hours a day... o_o

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

zelious

zelious

Sleep is Gooood....

Haha. Yes, I do have some IB classes. 4 of my classes are IB but the other 2 aren't so I don't qualify for the diploma. I do most of the stuff the full diploma candidates do so I'd say its actually okay. The workload is a lot but its beneficial in some ways. Since I have rather easier classes, I'm okay when it comes to work and etc but according to what I see, the people who are candidates do have a lot to do as in EE.

The program has its pros and cons. Its really up to you if you're up for it ;D

DarthTofu, you're right. Sometimes we work five days in a row with only a few power naps (10-30 minute naps) over the course of the week. :D And you're right about not eating... so! *Sarcastically* If you want to lose weight, take the IB!

You have to also take into consideration that if you're taking the full IB diploma, you'll have to do CAS and TOK as well as the Extended Essay, plus the workload from your six IB classes. And if you do choose to do it, don't do four higher levels. That's like a death wish.

GAHHHH! OK...check what university you want to go to...if you can get away with it try a different course of education. Its a hell of a lot of work. My EE is due in next week too.
Ick. Don't do it.
Just don't.

haha in my country most people do the GCSE A levels. um if i do IB it'd be the full diploma with CAS and ToK and EE, i have 2 more days to decide... but if i do go IB i'd take 3 HL, 4 HL would effectively kill me >.<

lelouchi

magic violin

I'm from Indonesia and I will attend at Bina Tunas Bangsa School at Year 10.It is an IB school, and I plan to take the diploma when grade 11.But I wonder if I still can get scholarship from certain university although i take the IB test.

hope917

hope917

lifeisabeautifulsong

I would recommend taking AP courses rather than the IB program... My school is one of the few top private schools that doesn't offer the IB, and our students get into Ivy League schools fine. Of course, there are other private schools who offer the IB, but it also depends on how "aware" your teachers are about sending kids to American uni. I know this other good private school that gives really low IB marks on purpose, and another school that gives very generous IB marks so their kids can go off to American uni.

Music.

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

*high five*

I never expected to see the this kind of thread on MT. I just started IB this year. I'm getting better work habits... kind of. It's 4 in the morning right now and I just finished my last English essay for this semester XD

It's a lot of work, but it's easy you if you have the effort in yourself to study and do homework everyday. Homework and studying will have to be your life if you want to pass IB. It takes a lot of self-discipline. It's great preparation for university.

I use to be in the IB program for the last 2 years but I dropped out of it since it's so hard! >.<

Even during my pre-IB years, my teachers are very harsh, causing my IB courses to be extremely difficult and I can't imagine myself going through the same suffering for my last two years.

I was planning on doing IB certificate, which means selecting 1 - 3 IB courses and the rest all academic courses, however the courses I have chosen were either canceled or full...

From what I heard from my friends, it is very difficult, unless you are a super genius... Some barely have time to even go to sleep

So my final words are: good luck if anyone goes into the IB program and make sure you have a balanced schedule for yourself, it will be very helpful if you do!

OMGGGG i got into IB.

subject combination choosing by next monday.

i have to take the full diploma.

thinking of taking english hl, maths hl and music hl. as for the sl, i dunno. who takes those 3 hl too?

I take English HL and, at the risk of sounding like a nerd, I really love it.
there is a lot of text involved though. and the person who thought of IOC must have been temporarily posessed by the devil at the moment that they did. I have mine in two days :S

many of my friends struggle in Maths HL, but if you put in enough work, its do-able. and my school doesn't offer group 6 so I had to business HL instead, which is ok. English is awesome though, if you're so inclined.
'
Oh, and congratulations!

GTFO out of full ib, i took it and right now i regret it and my parents won't let me drop it... you don't need it, best if you find out what you want to do with your life, then you should take some partial courses just to ensure you into university..... remember life involves money.... most of the time you won't get enough money to leave far away which defeats the purpose of "international" sure it is a good program and the world recognizes it but your working 3 hard years of high school which is dubbed "the greatest times of your life" then work another few hard years in university, you only live life once, best to enjoy it especially when you still have time to just "relax" with your friends and enjoy your years as a teenager.

lol if i get outta IB, i head straight into the A level route=hardcore mugger for 2 more years.

my combi is a skewed=screwed one...

english, music, history hl and chem, maths, french sl... stupid school don't offer jap, my teacher said its cos the guys in my school suck at chinese...

first official week of school and the homework is currently nuts...

anybody take jap b or jap ab initio? you're damn lucky if you do...

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.