Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Emo-gothic - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

boredom is imminent to strike

what is being emo or gothic like i have never started thinking about it

why?

CaMiLi

CaMiLi

ALL HAIL LULU!

it's a attitude i think. expressing by your hair or clothes style.. but mostly it's the attitude. and of coz you can express this attitude also with music...

just because u like to look like a "emo" or "gothic" that doesn't mean that u are... i call those ppl scene people.

real "emo's" or "gothics" also hear emo and gothic music and so on.. it's very difficult to explain that, imo

DO U NEED A USERPAGELAYOUT? JUST WRITE ME A PM ^^Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

not all goth/emo listen to goth/emo and most goths hate emo...but yes it is mostly attitude, sometimes clothing, etc but all about the attitude...like they are a "rebel" they will go against the grain not to prove a point but to be different, sometimes they do it to get back at their parents/etc I'm goth not emo and I will state this goths hate being called emo as well for emo is a sub culture of goth, goth is older and at one time, centuries ago, it was a religion then it became a life style centuries later

BuBbLeS!

Signature

CaMiLi

CaMiLi

ALL HAIL LULU!

:D jup totally agree to angelxxuan :)
emo and goth are not the same... being emo comes from US.. look like a emo from Japan (Viduel Kei and something like that) emo music 5-10 years ago was totally different than now! -__- and it's depressing for me to see all those emo bands now... Weezer and dashboard confessional were SUPER "emo" bands.. and they don't look like emo :D

DO U NEED A USERPAGELAYOUT? JUST WRITE ME A PM ^^Signature Image

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

It's all about the attitude, emos and goths tend to be solitary in nature and somewhat always in a Sad Trip Mode (Emo) and Silent Mysterious Mode (Goth).

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

Goth is so yesterday, Emo is punk on estrogen but with all the mascaras, eye liners, hair products etc its good for the economy

oh yeah if you're from america or something, the REFUSED look was like an underground rock thing in europe in the '90s

Everything in this world.
Exists to wear you down.

Emos are what happens when a goth gets chronic anxiety disorder.

Emo is like "I hate myself so much I should just die" or "why don't I cut myself to see if I can feel anything".

Goths are like "Lol i eat babies"

Goth or emo style is a little different.
Emo's basically steal their girlfriends/sisters clothes and wear them. Either that or they just plain buy women's jeans and stuff.
Goths look more elegant. They tend toward black and dark colors. You seen pics of Mana-sama that I post all the time. He's gothic.

Emo music is all about "I can't feel anything" or "I love you so much it hurts" and it's all screamy and whiny like the mic was given to a prepubescent girl.
Goth music tends to have darker sounds and has a lot of classical influences. It's usually about love or vampires and stuff, though it can be about other stuff to. Some goth is more emoish like Mortal Love's "I just want to die."

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

XRW175P6MQ4 pretty much "hit the nail on the head" with that one.

I was always told I was "gothic" because of my clothing (I wear mostly black or darker colored clothing and usually they have phrases, dragons, or something of the taboo on them) or because of my humor (I have very dark humor...). I didn't do the makeup because it draws too much attention and I just don't care a lot for the way it looks on me.

Anyways, those who are classified as Emo (who I have met) have been depressed and say "no one understands me," but are in a group and hang out with others... defeating the line, "no one understands me" since they have so many people who agree with them. I've known some to cut themselves, cause other injury to themselves as well as others (with permission), and listen to some odd music. Everyone to their own tastes...

Both goth and emo can blend - but either way they are both usually confused and those who don't have one as a friend usually end up making fun of them. ~_~

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4Emos are what happens when a goth gets chronic anxiety disorder.

Emo is like "I hate myself so much I should just die" or "why don't I cut myself to see if I can feel anything".

Goth or emo style is a little different.
Emo's basically steal their girlfriends/sisters clothes and wear them. Either that or they just plain buy women's jeans and stuff.
Goths look more elegant. They tend toward black and dark colors. You seen pics of Mana-sama that I post all the time. He's gothic.

Emo music is all about "I can't feel anything" or "I love you so much it hurts" and it's all screamy and whiny like the mic was given to a prepubescent girl.
Goth music tends to have darker sounds and has a lot of classical influences. It's usually about love or vampires and stuff, though it can be about other stuff to. Some goth is more emoish like Mortal Love's "I just want to die."

you explained so epicly that it made me laugh /heh

meh sig banners are overrated

i think emo is like cut themselves and are depressed. Gothic is just black clothes. :?

perhaps it's premised on the 'I HATE THE WORLD AND I WANNA CUT MYSELF PAY ATTENTION TO ME' kinda attitude? :P or sometimes, re Goth, it could be 'MUAHAHAHA I'M GONNA SUCK YOUR BLOOD I'M SO SEXY'. Other than being an attitude, it could be a fashion thing. I've got a few punk goth clothes in the closet myself, it's fun.

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

Goths r the ones that really tend to think on dying. Emo's r just screaming out loud "OOOH THE WORD IS HORRIBLE, EVERYONE HATES ME, I FEEL LIKE DYING" but what they really wanna say is: "PAY ATTENTION TO ME PLEASE!". Emo's r just children who think they r not loved, just stupid childish rebels. Goths go over that mark, they really think on dying. That doesnt change what i think, i guess both of them r stupid.

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

yup, being Emo really sounds like hell
thanks for replying carlozzzzbr and zenna
i know a lot about those two religions now thanks

merged: 05-08-2009 ~ 10:14pm
and the rest thanks too

why?

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4Emos are what happens when a goth gets chronic anxiety disorder.

Yes! Yes! Yes! My husband asked me what the difference was between Emos and Goths (...I come from a fairly softcore but classical gothic background myself) and that is pretty much word for word what I told him.

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

[center]XD everybody at school says i'm a gothic lol[/center]

why?

They are both a way to dress and think. But, above all, is a way to follow the crowd and, personally, I don't like this way of life. I do what I want, not what all the people do, and follow my own fashion. ^.^/

Well, at my school emo people are known to cut themselves, be depressed, etc.
Personally a person who is emo/gothic dresses to a certain style and listens to rock/heavy metal music.

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

Quote by masumaruWell, at my school emo people are known to cut themselves, be depressed, etc.
Personally a person who is emo/gothic dresses to a certain style and listens to rock/heavy metal music.

/heh you know whats phail? Someone asked me if I was emo because I listened to some screamo music type stuff. Then my brother called me goth because I had black nail polish on. I don't consider myself either goth or emo but then again I also don't follow many styles and stuff.

meh sig banners are overrated

chopstix07

Kintoki

I dress dark, not cause i'm gothic or emo but because it helps me sneak away during assemblies at school when we're in the auditorium =] Otherwise i'll wear anything =o

I guess that makes me a goth then. I listen to far too much Malice Mizer and Versailles. Like I said in my introduction, people in college call me a vampire. I don't eat babies, though...which is good.
When I was a child, I liked to scratch myself until I see blood coming out of my wounds. Apparently, even though I've stopped now, I unconsciously do it in my sleep at night only to find a bloody wound or a few on my body the next morning. I can't control it no matter what I do. Is it fascination? I wonder.
It hurts when I take my bath. The wounds are usually kind of deep.
I like to wear dark colours. There must at least be black, white, a rose or a cross somewhere on my outfit. I don't know why... perhaps it is a habit?
It's especially hilarious when every time I pass by people, they stop talking and stare at me or they will act like the atmosphere just grew so cold. I wonder about this, too.

I don't make a lot of friends, though...
I write a lot of poems, mostly about dark things. Some I have put up on my blog (http://rozengarten.wordpress.com/)
If you are interested, do read them and give me some feedback.

gothic: they loves the darkness, arts and vampire.
emos: emogirl: angels... emoboys: "no comments"

Im with the gothic friends listening Lacrimosa and more bands, wearing in black, drawing or writting. drinking and laughts...

Both are what sociologist call "urban tribes".

MY ADVICE: you have to think twice before having an style and attitude that includes by default a phylosophy or way ti live and think. It's not if the clothes and aircut look cool.

EMOS: As far as I know, they're mostly teens that focus on the shadowy, sad part of life. It's an age when the search for identity and a feeling of belonging and to be understood by others can lead someone to problems like depression, anorexy, etc. So, some of them choose the extreme path of living under the heavy shadow of depression.

Not recomended. Can lead to suicide ideas. Besides, could be hazardous for your health if you cross with a punk's or a gothikc's path. XD

Even though, I like My Chemical Romance.

Now, GOTHICS: ccool, uh? The difference (as far as I know, again) is that they ADORE the shadows. Begins with the look, then they reunite in groups that start talking about Wicca, or "angels" (read demonds) or entities that can be summoned. They easily pass to adore Satan, either as an inteligent entity or the representation of Human's "freedom", the rigth to behave like an inteligent animal, etc. contary to what they consider religion's "prohibitions" and lack of freedom.

Some (Und I repeat, SOME) can get totally looney. I've seen one girl stating (laugh with me) that TRULY believes they're vampires or vampires disciples. If they dare to get deeper, you may hear things about Abramhelin the magician and postume magic and other nonsense.

Even though, I like Evanesence.

Better enjoy the sunshine. If you are a boy and like long hair, go ahead. If you like to wear black shirts (as I do) go ahead. If you are a musician and would like to have a band, go ahead. You don't need to get into something to be original or have a group of friends. :)

O929O821

Zero

In truth, they both refer to a type of music, fashion and attitude. o: All three are important to accomplishing an accurate representation of either label/genre.

Neither have to act a specific way in order to be considered goth or emo. That's a stereotype.

Unfortunately, I'm not the best representative.

:'D FRIENDS?

i once went through a gothic stage but it passed pretty quick

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.