Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 depression - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 17 total items

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

boredom is imminent to strike

hey i have a friend who is depressed now i have a question:
what might cause depression, and what is a good cure for depression?

why?

possibly fear,anxiety,feeling unsafe or not belonging etc.
all sorts of negative things.
as for cure,I don't really know.if it's that bad,he may need medication.

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

Anxiety, emotional pain, pessimistic behavior, environment, personal issues, disappointments and the likes. The only cure, without the help of medication, is support. Create a free-flowing and enjoyable aura around the person and try to uplift their spirit. It may take time...come to think of it, time is also one of the cures against depression. Now, if it takes too long...it would be wise to seek help.

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

What causes depression? A lot of things can cause depression, i.e. anxiety, personal problems (divorce, death, etc.)

Cure for depression? Maybe medication, a therapist... (It does help, really.)
Otherwise, being a good friend helps too.

HikaruKage

HikaruKage

Inane Devvy

stress most likely, or personal problems, or hormonal problems even. depression is a thing that affects a lot of people yet no one really cares because it's pretty much vague.

depression cures come in a variety of ways. prescription drugs to family support.
i myself was depressed before. i find that distracting myself and doing something that makes me really happy does good, but having someone there for me makes me feel much better.
i never went to a doctor because no one knew what was wrong with me ;D

be there for your friend, show her how nice life can be. lie down on a field and watch clouds float by or go to the beach and have fun. don't feel bad if your friend takes time to recover. some things just take time.

DeviantART
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Soren Kierkegaard
Perhaps it's harder to watch the burdened that to be burdened, that is why people always look away. -M.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

not to be rude or anything but I'm the type of person that is against meds for this sort of thing, the best thing to do is moral support as well as a positive environment, safe from the net if they go on the net and into these kinds of sites, get them out in the world some, like outside, too cold then have them color in a coloring book, don't take them anywhere where there are a lot of people this is only asking for trouble...I suffer from depression and many other things and this is just some of the things I do...also therapy helps, or having them talk about their problems...sometimes a good listener is very helpful

BuBbLeS!

Signature

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

okey thanks for the tips
and uum i forgot to mention he is living 7000 miles away from me
i only speak to him through msn
so but that will help

why?

I totally have not gone through severe depression, but I'm worried about one of my close friend she tried to attempt suicide twice, her boyfriend broke up with her and lied to her from the start about loving her. :( She's already writing her will she's planning to die

please help me to convince her not to

Sincerely: ShinjuyokuLelouchgrl

any tips any advice

weird12u

weird12u

..waitin in the bushes for her..

cause: sometimes natural... sometimes a breakup.... a death..... a bad grade.... being lonely...... being torn apart from the person you love

cure: pill, some one to talk to, love, some one to care...... but a pill works most the time

depression sucks and just don't have your friend start having sex to make her feel better.... because it does not satisfy me so i doubt it works

merged: 03-17-2009 ~ 08:00pm
and just tell the person that they are being foolish to want to die when they are people who care about them and wish they would still be living with em around

merged: 03-17-2009 ~ 08:00pm
and just tell the person that they are being foolish to want to die when they are people who care about them and wish they would still be living with em around

Signature

causes can be wide ranging...as many people have said, it could be anxiety, a personal situation or maybe they don't really know themselves...

the only real cure for it has to come from the person themselves, meanwhile, moral support goes such a long way...

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

you know also some people are born wit probably like that because maybe the mother did something during the carrying or something.

meh sig banners are overrated

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

slap her in the face

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

my sister has a friend who suceeded suicide
and a friend who didn't suceeded siucide

why?

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

your sister's social circle is quite depressing ain't it...

anyways... for your friend, you should ask your friend's reason for depression. causes for depression after all, is various. and so does the cure.

Now as someone who has attempted to commit suicide.

1. Yes, there are a lot of causes. It could be genetic (chronic depression), or it could be some outer stimulus (as in something outside causing it).
2. Cures: Drugs (some are sedating, some have weird side effects, allergies, etc etc). I have taken I think... 6(?) different types of anti-depressant and the one that I'm on seems to be working the best.
Therapy, aside from how stupid the stereotypical ones look, yes, it helps.
Resolving the actual cause is the best and sometimes the hardest 'cure' to do so.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

genetic means in your DNA is it realy in your DNA then
if it is there must be no way to cure exept suicide
but maybe becoming emo then might help to only the 'cutting yourself emo'

why?

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

I'm pretty sure "genetic" means that the fact that they feel depressed is inherited from their parents. It doesn't mean that they can't feel depressed; it just means that they're more likely to have depression.

I don't think self-mutilation will help depression in the least, though it might make the person feel better for a while, it doesn't really do anything useful in the long run. And, once the person starts cutting, like smoking, it's hard to stop, and it can become dangerous.

As someone who has a cousin contemplating suicide, I would have to say that the best thing you can do for someone who wants to kill themselves is to tell them not to and give them good, solid arguments why they shouldn't do it.
Otherwise, I would recommend a therapist (and possibly get some anti-depressants). It honestly does help, as evident by how my cousin has not tried to kill herself yet.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.