Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you like harem anime? - Minitokyo

Do you like harem anime?

page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next » 313 total items

zuhur

zuhur

Hana

"Harem is a genre of animes which focuses on a male character surrounded by the romance of multiple female characters"
for me i really don't get interest in this genre of animes. i think boys love this type of animes more than girls.So what do you think this kind of animes suits boys or girls? :\

?~?

kitsunesama

kitsunesama

Kensei

I'm a guy and no, I don't like Harem anime. Because the common feature of this genre is that the male lead is portrayed as a nerd or a wimp.

Kan-tastic

Kan-tastic

Grind.

I'm a guy, and I avoid harem animes with great prejudice.

Unless you count Tenchi Muyo!, which I don't really consider a 'harem anime,' since the harem is only one portion of the whole. There are other prominent elements: comedy, adventure, science fiction, drama, supernatural, etc. Tenchi himself is quite powerful, as (or in some cases more so) than the supernatural-ish girls in his harem. Plus, the girls themselves are pretty awesome, overall.

I mean, what other series has WASHU in it!? xD

I can't stay here with every single hope I had shattered...

It depends. Some are good but some are damn annoying. The good ones could be Clannad, To-Love-Ru and Kanon (for my point of view).The very lousy one so far for me is Shuffle!. Any eroge that turns into anime is hardly a good anime, maybe except for Kanon.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

It's a funny question for me, because my first response is an automatic no...but then I remember what my favourite series are. Clannad, Kanon, Air, True Tears...what do you know, they're harem XD I guess I like the ones that are more sad and dramatic, and not ecchi. The ones the try to be all ecchi-comedy with all the exact same cliches annoy me too much. So for me it's yes and no :P

Signature

AniFre101

AniFre101

waits patiently

I'm not a huge fan of those type of anime. It gets boring.

Well since your definition of harem is one boy and many girls... it's usually a shonen, no wonder there are mre male fans for it. But there are also harems for girls like Ouran Host Club (the only one that comes to my mind).

I am not really into harem but Clannad is nice.

Signature

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I can tolerate some shows where several girls takes an interest to the main lead (like Kanon or Clannad), but outright harems are generally shit. Oddly enough, I don't think they make much harem shows anymore. Most of the really, really lame shows made over the last few years are usually one guy/two girls; like Ninomiya-kun, Akikan or Kanokon. Harem shows are usually slightly better (Rosario + Vampire, et al.)

vieovis

vieovis

And again I am alone

well i am almost a harem fan, i started with a harem, love hina, my first series, and it remains one of my top favorites but at the time i hadnt yet been hazed by the surplus of excessive harems, so i gradually sliped from this and moved on, so i feel as though i can rightfully say no they are not great, but one must keep some respect for them as cliche as they are, they are most fans starting steps, like an intro to a better world, and i see the starting wimps in the story develop emotionally (usually) as a result from the harem, so initially it can help people with self esteem issues build into someone better, but that is only if they appreciate the story as opposed to the ecchi. so id say my vote is no.

Every time that I'm alone
I'm pulled to the fire
Why is the sun round
Why don't I get healthy

StreetLegend

StreetLegend

The Yellow Devil Pyo~

For me it depends on the story. If the story sounds original and not just your typical "all-girls-fall-for-lucky-guy" kinda thing, then maybe i would get interested.
I'm not against harem-ecchi genre, but it has to have an amazingly interesting storyline, and not just focused on providing fan service to attract a reader/viewer.
Some of harem titles i find interesting are clannad, love hina, mahou sensei negima(manga) and to-love-ru.
And yes, an eroge could hardly become a decent anime, only a few became popular....
Some harem eroge became popular in an awful way.... remember school days?....

I may be small pyo~
But I eat hard boiled eggs for breakfast.... with shell pyo~

well.. it all depends on a persons point of view.. and.. if the story has a good plot and intresting to watch.. why not? some harem animes are really not that bad..

info-0

info-0

Hellgate operator

For girls I would consider Colour Cloud Palace a harem anime :P. Maybe Fushigi Yuugi too :).

I didn't really like Love Hina cos come on... How many male characters would allow to have his ass kicked by girls all the time? Please...

Kanon, Clannad are derived from H-games. But somewhat they are very interesting. To-Love-Ru is a great comedy :D (Golden Darkness <3).

Well, back to the point I don't have anything against harem anime if it has interesting plot and main guy/female is not lame character.

...::The only easy day was yesterday::...

zuhur

zuhur

Hana

than you all

?~?

samu02

Back to Basics

Only if the lead is likable and not some sick indecisive piece of excrement b*stard like that guy in School Days.

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

tecknotaku

tecknotaku

+3ckn0+4ku

Quote by kitsunesamaI'm a guy and no, I don't like Harem anime. Because the common feature of this genre is that the male lead is portrayed as a nerd or a wimp.

I love harem anime! I guess that is because I am a nerd... although not a wimp. But isnt it every guys dream to be stuck in the middle of a group of beautiful women?

hmm.. it's alright but i like reverse harem more.. i like anime series with many guys..

zuhur

zuhur

Hana

Me too, hendou I like reverse harem more

?~?

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

I'm not a fan or harem or even reverse-harem. The guy/girl usually ends up with the person I don't want them to end up with. xD

There are some harem anime/manga that are okay, though. To me, Ai Kora is one of those.

Otherwise, I usually keep far, far away from them.

zuhur

zuhur

Hana

Suxinn,reverse-harem is not that bad even if this kind of anime ends up with the the peson you don't want.

?~?

chopstix07

Kintoki

Hmmm....most Harem Anime's have some pretty good character designs. I usually find out that the anime i just wathed used to be an Ero-Game.

Haven100

Haven100

Psychopathic Friend

Harem are one of my favorite types of anime XD however there are some that are pretty bad -_-

I watch you from the shadows, like a deranged tanuki.
Please don’t mind me. :D :3

I don't.

Repetitive is the word.

Not really
if the story goes better
maybe I'll watch it

nope, i don't like harem animes, i just can't take it when the lead male character can't even decide which girl he likes

page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next » 313 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.