Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Invalid Argument error when trying to save downloads - Minitokyo

Invalid Argument error when trying to save downloads

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

This seems to be happening to me while I'm trying to download from anything in the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion category - I haven't had trouble elsewhere.

I click on any particular wallpaper, vector, etc. image to download, and the next page brings up the downloadable image all right. But then when I try to right click and "save as" I get a message saying "Invalid Argument." Here's an example link where it's happened: http://download.minitokyo.net/358637 And this problem isn't limited to any one member's work. It seems to be happening to the entire category from what I can tell.

Thanks for any help, and I'll check back if there are questions still needing to be answered.

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Hm, I just tried it and it worked perfectly fine for me. I'm using Firefox (whatever the latest version is). Maybe it's just one type of browser that it's happening with?

Signature

this is caused by the colon (':') in the filename - it's an invalid character. i'm using MS-IEx-v6 and i get the same error. the file isn't even cached as a jpeg, so it can only be saved as a bitmap. i don't know how the IEx-v7 or 8 behaves.

merged: 03-20-2009 ~ 08:24am
the same thing happens in the 'Shin Megami Tensei: Persona' category, also because of the colon ':'

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Quote by oldonethis is caused by the colon (':') in the filename - it's an invalid character. i'm using MS-IEx-v6 and i get the same error. the file isn't even cached as a jpeg, so it can only be saved as a bitmap. i don't know how the IEx-v7 or 8 behaves.

I'm using MS-IEx-v6 as well. When my computer brings up the file name that MT has assigned to it I don't see a ":" in it. Even when I rename the entire file it still won't allow me to save as a jpg. Though, as oldone stated, it does allow me to save the image as a bitmap. Weird. Well, at least that solves the problem...somewhat indirectly. ^_^' Thanks, oldone. Much obliged.

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

Quote by ElvesI'm using MS-IEx-v6 as well. When my computer brings up the file name that MT has assigned to it I don't see a ":" in it. Even when I rename the entire file it still won't allow me to save as a jpg. Though, as oldone stated, it does allow me to save the image as a bitmap. Weird. Well, at least that solves the problem...somewhat indirectly. ^_^' Thanks, oldone. Much obliged.

at right-click/properties on the image, in Address/URL, the original filename is displayed in full, containing the ':'. In the 'save-as' window, however, the name is truncated - everything before the ':' is left out.
I reckon we should upgrade our browsers, as I saw this usage of ':' only here, until now, but it probably will spread out. I dread the day the slashes become characters in filenames ^_^'

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.