Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shinigami... Marry? (Death Note) - Minitokyo

Shinigami... Marry? (Death Note)

Tagged under Death Note

page 1 of 1 15 total items

excaliburer

excaliburer

!lemonade crusher!

Do you think Shinigamis in Death Note can marry? What do you think if they are marry?
I think it will be suprising. And awesome. I thought if Ryuk&Rem married and have a baby. Their baby is so scary! Uahh..!

Considering that one of the rules mentioned in Death Note regarding the world of the Shinigami is that they are not allowed to have sex (and my guess is that they don't have the same biological make-up as humans to reproduce in the same way as we do), I doubt very much that Shinigami have an institution of marriage. Considering that a large part of how marriage came about was originally for the purpose of property division amongst one's offspring, and today is considered a ceremony in celebration of love (in many places), well... considering the way the Shinigami World was depicted, I highly doubt they have a need, much less an interest in something like marriage.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well if you think about it then where do shinigami come from in the death note world if they can't reproduce...unless they go before the "order" or whatever and ask permission or something and if that's the case do they forfeit rights to being a shinigami what interesting questions indeed

BuBbLeS!

Signature

zuhur

zuhur

Hana

*Shinigami marry Shinigami
hmm, why not ?

?~?

Quote by angelxxuanwell if you think about it then where do shinigami come from in the death note world if they can't reproduce...unless they go before the "order" or whatever and ask permission or something and if that's the case do they forfeit rights to being a shinigami what interesting questions indeed

It never said they can't reproduce, only that two Shinigami cannot engage in sexual intercourse (or rather, any shinigami cannot engage in intercourse with any sexual being). While listed as one of the "rules" it is not one of the official -rules- that Ryuk wrote in the Death Note Light found; rather, after a certain point, the "rules" that show up between chapters are likely more "trivia" than actual rules regarding the Shinigami Realm. Most likely, by "cannot" it means they are not anatomically designed to reproduce in the way that humans do.

Most likely, if they do reproduce, they do so asexually. However, considering the length of a Shinigami's possible live-span is eternity, provided they don't lose their note and don't let their life run out (like what nearly happened to Shidou), Shinigami are partically immortal beings. As they are outside of our realm of reality, my guess is that the Shinigami Realm and the Shinigami themselves were created around the same time as our world. Therefore, it is my interpretation that Shinigami have no need to reproduce, because it's not like they need to create offspring to ensure the future of their species. That is the main function of reproduction, so take away the reason and children become irrelevant.

merged: 05-16-2009 ~ 03:02am

Quote by excaliburerDo you think Shinigamis in Death Note can marry? What do you think if they are marry?
I think it will be suprising. And awesome. I thought if Ryuk&Rem married and have a baby. Their baby is so scary! Uahh..!

Question: have you finished reading the manga yet? I'm assuming not...but figured I'd ask before, y'know, mentioning too many spoilers as to why I don't think Ryuk and Rem will ever have a baby (scary or not...)

excaliburer

excaliburer

!lemonade crusher!

Quote by pizzahutrebelQuestion: have you finished reading the manga yet? I'm assuming not...but figured I'd ask before, y'know, mentioning too many spoilers as to why I don't think Ryuk and Rem will ever have a baby (scary or not...)

I have, but didn't read all of "How to Use It". I only think the shinigamis can marry or not, because they are male&female. Yeah... after read Death Note "How to Read", I thought about that.

Roler-Crown-Black

Roler-Crown-Black

The Land Of Bandit

Shinigami marry Shinigami

love is blind, right?

Crown

Quote by excaliburer

Quote by pizzahutrebelQue(...) have you finished reading the manga yet? I'm assuming not...but figured I'd ask before, y'know, mentioning too many spoilers as to why I don't think Ryuk and Rem will ever have a baby (scary or not...)

I have, but didn't read all of "How to Use It". I only think the shinigamis can marry or not, because they are male&female. Yeah... after read Death Note "How to Read", I thought about that.

Well, if you finished the manga, then you know that a marriage between Ryuk and Rem can never happen, due to the fact that

Spoiler (show)

Rem died/disintegrated into dust when she wrote L and Watari's names into the Death Note in order to save Misa.

But in general, I think despite the fact that they have male and female distinctions, shinigami do not practice marriage. I am pretty sure that if they did, then they'd at least have something better to do than sit around in the shinigami realm gambling all day.

Concerning the rule (or trivia bit) about Shinigami not being able/allowed to have sexual intercourse with humans...

Doesn't it make you wonder where BB came from? Unless he's the reason that rule was written...

Though I think Rem and Ryuk would have made cute babies. They could have entered them in the World's Ugliest Dog competition and come off millionaires!

Well, there're always oddities within a species &/or society, so, is the possiblity there? Yes. Is it PROBABLE? No, I don't think so... not based on their character designs. The one following Misa was an oddity. Or, rather, both of them were.

sound good..its not possible?!..hehe..

Maaaaaybe, if the shinigamis have been for a long time in the human world and have been influenced by human culture...

ainda nao li o manga do death note + deve ser muito lega

excaliburer

excaliburer

!lemonade crusher!

Quote by abelini4ainda nao li o manga do death note + deve ser muito lega

sorry... I don't understand your language...

like said before: shinigami can

Do you know what sin is? It

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.