Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is okay to like someone i met online? and date him in rl life? - Minitokyo

is okay to like someone i met online? and date him in rl life?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

DOOOODY

DOOOODY

Doody Tco

You don't know what kind of person he is, and maybe he is lying on you and you don't know that because you don't see his face, also you should try and know who this person is before you meet him... You know your pride is the top of everything.

Forget your Pain and Smile :)

Riou17

Riou17

Riou's wife

If you're going to meet him in real life for the first time, NEVER forget to bring a friend with you. Don't go by yourself. Until you know he's not after something that is bad, always bring a friend. And go to a public place at day. I know its being paranoid but its better be safe than sorry.

As for meeting him in real life, it doesn't entirely depends on how long you've known the person online. But if you've met him for a short duration, then no...don't go. If its for a long time, then yes but don't forget to bring a friend.

Most complex problems have a solution. You just have to view it in a different way.

Don't know why people say its dangerous.... is it really all that different from real life meetings? Like the ones you meet outside the internet? WHy don't you skype and call this guy. That should do the trick in the whole trust thing.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

Yes, if you are adults and you have chatted online and swapped details and photos etc., then it would be nice to meet up.

It can be sooooo hard to meet people offline, outside of Japan, who are 'into' all of this (Anime, RPGs, Cosplay etc.)

Seize the chance of true love while you have it; could be destiny calling!

For the most part, I can only reiterate what many of the other posters are saying: if you do meet him, meet him in a public place during daylight hours. If you must travel, stay in a hotel, and give him only limited details of your accommodations. (Certainly not your room number, at the very least.) If you end up hitting it off, you can give him more information. For the first few meetings, tell a trusted friend where you are going and when, and then have them text or call every so often to make certain you are safe. It might also help to give a friend the information you have on the person you are meeting, so that the police know who to look for should there be trouble.

These precautions might sound a bit paranoid, but better safe than dead.

From my own experience, however, I'd like to add that I met my own boyfriend online, and that I am eternally grateful that I accepted the risk and took the necessary steps to move our relationship into the real world. However, I did postpone meeting my boyfriend until we had reached a point where we NEEDED to encounter each other in person before we could make informed choices about how much time and effort we really wanted to invest in our relationship-- and I advise you to do the same. I have never met an online friend and not been surprised at how drastically they differed from how I had envisioned them, and it was only my long acquaintance with each that allowed me to see the glimmers of the people I'd been conversing with for years.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.