Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is there a claymore season 2? - Minitokyo

is there a claymore season 2?

Tagged under Claymore

page 1 of 1 12 total items

wiwin

I love anime!!

i've just finished the anime of claymore and I've been through so many forums saying there won't be any second season. I would just like to confirm here in minitokyo if there are any latest info about claymore having a seconnd season? ~_~[b][/b]

the BeSt

As far as I know, there hasn't been any news on a 2nd season.

Understandable if there isn't given that new chapters of the manga only come out once at the start of the month, barring holidays.

And given that new anime episodes are usually weekly AND considering how many chapters/volumes of a manga 1 single episode the anime of it can cover, it'd end up catching up quite quickly. It's why I wish they didn't always try to capitalize on a manga's popularity by making an anime of it so soon; it ends up catching up far too quickly thus forcing them to either end it quickly and abruptly OR end it with a To Be Continued ending and force people to wait several months or even a year(s) so more manga chapters can come out or possibly finish, and the anime can be continued/finished. Sekirei is one example of such an anime.

So considering the changes made to the last couple episodes of Claymore, I doubt there will be a 2nd season. If there was going to be one, then they wouldn't need to make the changes at all. Making such changes pretty much screams that they wanted to end it quickly, (especially since it involved Clare already fighting Priscilla when she has yet to even see her again in the manga so far, as well as Raki) yet relatively similar to how the previous fight ended in the manga. (Same type of awakening, Jean's death, etc.)

Neri-kuran88

Neri-kuran88

NeriKuran88

i hope there would be season 2 coz after finish watchin season 1, i guess there's a lot more that haven't been shown yet such as the appearance of ALICIA n BETH and another of the abyssal ones namely Luciela.In other words,the season 1 look so incomplete and moreover,the CLAYMORE manga STORIES is still running every month and so i guess there's probably be season 2 just when the manga is closer to finish.

A little body often harbors a great soul......

Quote by Neri-kuran88i hope there would be season 2 coz after finish watchin season 1, i guess there's a lot more that haven't been shown yet such as the appearance of ALICIA n BETH and another of the abyssal ones namely Luciela.In other words,the season 1 look so incomplete and moreover,the CLAYMORE manga STORIES is still running every month and so i guess there's probably be season 2 just when the manga is closer to finish.

If you're only that far, you haven't seen anything yet. Onemanga.com or mangastream.com are good places to check them out online. 102 chapters now, lol.

Quote by HalfDemonInuyasha

Quote by Neri-kuran88i hope there would be season 2 coz after finish watchin season 1, i guess there's a lot more that haven't been shown yet such as the appearance of ALICIA n BETH and another of the abyssal ones namely Luciela.In other words,the season 1 look so incomplete and moreover,the CLAYMORE manga STORIES is still running every month and so i guess there's probably be season 2 just when the manga is closer to finish.

If you're only that far, you haven't seen anything yet. Onemanga.com or mangastream.com are good places to check them out online. 102 chapters now, lol.

Chapter 102... loved it :D 103 is so close yet so far away... :'-( (expecting to loss another big character from the story, moron picked a fight with the wrong person... trying to aviod spoilers)

However... we still don't have enough material. The 1st season was roughly chapters 1-60 (deviations getting big with 54 on). So doing the math we still need at least 18 more chapters for a season 2. Meaning if it will be made, it's still over a year and a half away until they start making it, unless each Extra Chapter gets a full episode or a shorter season 2 is made.

There was a big fan made petition on the web... but it was a fan petition and not one done by anyone with power to make a seaon 2. However when the petition first was posted out of japan someone did a bad translation and said it was started by the author of the manga himself, Yagi... this was not the case. However many sites are reporting a successful petition thinking it might actually be in the works. :(

Then we run into the next issue... the devation at the end of the anime. As we all know the anime ended with Clare beating Priscilla and gaining Raki back. Which as you and me know isn't what took place in the manga... which are major issues to over come for a loyal to the manga season 2. Which is what we all want... loyalty to the manga's increadable story.

Quote by LordRyus1

Quote by HalfDemonInuyashaThen we run into the next issue... the devation at the end of the anime. As we all know the anime ended with Clare beating Priscilla and gaining Raki back. Which as you and me know isn't what took place in the manga... which are major issues to over come for a loyal to the manga season 2. Which is what we all want... loyalty to the manga's increadable story.

Well, as I said, the manga doesn't seem to be anywhere near finished even now, much less back when the anime was first started (when they wanted to take advantage of current popularity). By being a monthly release, there's no question the anime would've very quickly caught up (being a weekly release per episode and could usually cover several chapters like most manga-turned-anime), so it pretty much forced the writers to make their own "original" ending (or, for others, a "to be continued" thing or something).

Now that, in general, I didn't mind, but it was HOW they went about that ending that irks me to no end; having Clare "defeating" Priscilla...and by using the form that she had to take to BARELY beat Rigaldo, someone who Priscilla owned easily, even when her mind was still jumbled. And then they make out Isley to be someone even stronger than her which we've long since known is not the case. (Priscilla also effortlessly owning him as well.) And it's even worse now with Priscilla now having her mind back and owning other just as powerful, or even MORE powerful opponents (Alicia, Beth, Riful, etc) and STILL only JUST using her awakened form now too when she never had to before, and Clare obviously still being nowhere even close to a fraction of Priscilla's power.

actually there is a vote for the second season of Claymore on the official website.

you can vote if you want to see the second season

but the plot of original manga differs from that of TV version ; therefore the staff may have difficulties in producing the second season for having created an original ending

Quote by OdyOfKantactually there is a vote for the second season of Claymore on the official website.

you can vote if you want to see the second season

but the plot of original manga differs from that of TV version ; therefore the staff may have difficulties in producing the second season for having created an original ending

Well, it's only different during the last couple episodes. Otherwise, it pretty much followed the manga exactly. They should be able to axe out that original ending and replace it with what really was supposed to happen.

If you're only that far, you haven't seen anything yet

stargem

stargem

In terms of the anime, I am almost 100% they will not continue making episodes.
The manga however is continuing to add, they only began to differentiate in Piata, so I assume that was where the creators decided to make the plot splits.
True, they left many open endings.

anime-fans-united

moonlight13

moonlight13

"Live on, Clare...."

judging from the author of the manga, it seems to be that there might be an upcoming claymore season 2 in the future... it would definitely take a while or take a long time for the season 2 to be created, coz right now, even in the manga is not yet finished... i've already finished watching the anime version of claymore and also done reading season 2 of claymore (manga series) but it's not yet completed... chapter 115 at manga series is still coming soon, so i guess we will just have to wait for it...

Well, there's also the fact that Season 1 ended on a completely different note...and the way it ended just doesn't feel like it'd fit in well if they were to keep the 2nd season mostly intact...

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.