Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Tagging System - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Tagging System

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

merrisusa

Scanner

merrisusa

I miss being able to write a short description and my request that my scans not be used elsewhere without permission. Will I have to start placing watermarks within the scan? I have been told by several people downloading my scans that I need to make it clear that they not be used elsewhere without permission. That sounds ridiculous, but is sadly true. I have tried editing and adding my little blurb, but it doesn't seem to want to work. Will we be able to add these requests somehow? Or are we just expected to hope that people don't steal our work and post it elsewhere?

sakura-chan0103

sakura-chan0103

~Konichiwa~

i dun really sure about the tags since i dun usually use it...

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I've always loved MT because of the organized category system and I've always hated the tag system on other sites... T.T
Now AnimePaper is better in terms of gallery and uploading system....

EDIT:
I think I will get used to it...

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

It'll definitely take me a while to get used to this, but it's good that minitokyo is moving forward:)

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

I was wondering... Wouldn't be a good idea if only the moderators, elites and the owner of the respective art could add tags?
Apparently, there are people who can't tell the difference between anime series... For example this. I don't know who or why added a Bleach tag to a Code Geass wall, but it's been lying around for a while. The same happened before with my Tenjou Tenge wall, it was tagged Queen's Blade, then Code Geass... I deleted those tags, of course.
The tag system is interesting and I like it, but there are people who would mess it up on purpose.

Signature

Looks good (*_)

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

Great new feature as always, Sheq.

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

yuriarrow

yuriarrow

I am a Hobbit

as for me I made the system very difficult, I liked when I could look for the names of series, to find what you're looking for faster. and I find nothing! TT.TT

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Tagging is great, but I really don't like this new system.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

How do I search for example for female scans under the Inuyasha tag (category)? When I browse the Inuyasha category do I have to look through all the 367 scans (mixed with male/group etc. scans) for a few images of one character or is there a way to just show the girls tags while browsing a series?
I know that I can now search for the characters but it's a little bit difficult if you want to look for a duplicate scan (if there are more than three girls on it) or if you want to see all the males or girls under a series category.

EDIT:
Great! Thanks!

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by MadoshiKurefuHow do I search for example for female scans under the Inuyasha tag (category)? When I browse the Inuyasha category do I have to look through all the 367 scans (mixed with male/group etc. scans) for a few images of one character or is there a way to just show the girls tags while browsing a series?
I know that I can now search for the characters but it's a little bit difficult if you want to look for a duplicate scan (if there are more than three girls on it) or if you want to see all the males or girls under a series category.

I have just finished this feature :) Simply search for 'inuyasha females'. You can browse for any combination of tags, currently up to three.

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

love the new tag style! so far so good~ <3 the idea! good work sheq~! see ya around!

Signature Image

Uttara

Uttara

Little Red Bat

I'll need to get used to the new system, but most of it seems good so far. ^_^ I really appreciate the effort the Minitokyo staff put into this website.

I have one big complaint, however. I really think there should still be an option to simply brows a list of titles alphabetically. (If there actually still is a way to do this and I've just missed it, please point me in the right direction and forgive my stupidity.) As far as I can tell, the only way to brows a list of all series is by order of popularity, and there is no option to jump several pages ahead. This is inconvenient if I am looking for a particular series but am not entirely sure of the spelling or have been referring to the series by a title different from the one used by Minitokyo. Also, I sometimes simply want to view a list of titles without having a particular series in mind. Surly there's some way to have an option to view all the series tags by alphabetical order as well as by order of popularity (as well as jump ahead by page number)?

On a related note, when adding a series to the watch-list, is there some way to still have the option to choose a title from an alphabetized list as well as type one in? At the moment, if I don't get the title spelling exactly right (for example, typing "Fushigi Yugi" rather than "Fushigi Yuugi," the series cannot be added.) I have no way of checking a list to see where my spelling went wrong. Also, sometimes scrolling through a list helps me remember things that I've started and want to add.

Of course, if you are sure of the exact title, then typing it in is much easier than scrolling through hundreds of titles to find it. Perhaps there's a way to incorporate both features?

Again, I'm really grateful for all the hard work the people at Minitokyo put into making this site great, but I really think having no easy to navigate, alphabetical list of titles anywhere is a big mistake.

Not all those who wander are lost...

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by UttaraI'll need to get used to the new system, but most of it seems good so far. ^_^ I really appreciate the effort the Minitokyo staff put into this website.

I have one big complaint, however. I really think there should still be an option to simply brows a list of titles alphabetically. (If there actually still is a way to do this and I've just missed it, please point me in the right direction and forgive my stupidity.) As far as I can tell, the only way to brows a list of all series is by order of popularity, and there is no option to jump several pages ahead.

Sorting options will be added soon to the child tags :)

Quote by UttaraThis is inconvenient if I am looking for a particular series but am not entirely sure of the spelling or have been referring to the series by a title different from the one used by Minitokyo.

This is actually one of the new benefits of the tag system: aliasing voids the need to know the exact spelling used by Minitokyo. Aliases can be used to lead all common alternative names, common misspellings, and abbreviations to the correct location.

Quote by Uttara
On a related note, when adding a series to the watch-list, is there some way to still have the option to choose a title from an alphabetized list as well as type one in? At the moment, if I don't get the title spelling exactly right (for example, typing "Fushigi Yugi" rather than "Fushigi Yuugi," the series cannot be added.)

See above my note about aliases :)

Quote by UttaraI have no way of checking a list to see where my spelling went wrong. Also, sometimes scrolling through a list helps me remember things that I've started and want to add.

There should be an autocomplete dropdown, suggesting any series that matches your input, also works for the aliases mentioned earlier: e.g. when inputting TRC it should suggest Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle for example. Actually, just entering TRC and hitting enter will add TRC to your watchlist.

Quote by Uttara

Of course, if you are sure of the exact title, then typing it in is much easier than scrolling through hundreds of titles to find it. Perhaps there's a way to incorporate both features?

Again, I'm really grateful for all the hard work the people at Minitokyo put into making this site great, but I really think having no easy to navigate, alphabetical list of titles anywhere is a big mistake.

The alphabetical sorting will be added soon :)

NICE!, every day BETTER!, I like this system, always write about the Picture or Image that see, and no only: "a, nice share", o "thanx", to win credits.

I want help to tag the images, and hope see the another make the same, but the CORRECT way!

JumperJack

JumperJack

Katzenjammer

yop. :)

i had a small question about this new system. if i normally search for scans, i search for example for "female scans/popular this week", but these kind of searches seem not to be possible anymore. i tried to search for this week's popular scans and then browse for the tag 'girls', but then it was of all-time again.

is this still possible, and if so, how?! :roll:

Uttara

Uttara

Little Red Bat

Thanks for the detailed response. :) I should probably stop panicking about things before the updates have even been finished. :sweat:

Anyhow, thanks again, and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything turns out. It looks like it's going to be good. ^_^

Not all those who wander are lost...

it's a good change.i don't have any problem with it.

merged: 07-11-2009 ~ 01:11pm
good work so far,keep up the good work

mt has changed a lot, tis I hv 2 agree
I'm still exploring n trying 2 get used to it
but if I hv any problems or found a bug, I'll let u know, thanks!

some aspects of tagging has made it simpler for searching for me and i like how the tags are hierarchical as well

MaoMao

MaoMao

Italian Boy

Thx. :)

Signature

hmmm.... the new tagging system took me by surprise but i'll get used to it

sound nice it be interesting to see a new system build am hoping for the best in the future

yoo

i might need to get used to this new system but i like the way MT evolve but the tag system seem to have a lot of links connecting 1 game, anime or company to other anime or game so this part for me is gonna a lot of time to get used to before any changes occurs

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 77 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.