Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Winter night_Wallpaper - Minitokyo

Winter night_Wallpaper

Tagged under Harukanaru Toki no Naka de

page 1 of 1 2 total items

My wallpaper 'Winter night" got deleted today and I receive this message

Quote: The wallpaper you have submitted (Winter night) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- It was too simplistic.
- The subject was too blurry or over-filtered.
- It used screenshots or unmodified stock photos.
- It was a low-effort wallpaper.
- It was an alternate version of an existing wallpaper. Please only upload one version of a wallpaper. If you wish to display alternate versions, you may post an offsite link.
- It did not feature an anime-style image.
Additional information provided by the moderator:
poor scan and image quality

I know my wallpaper was not that good, but as I spent more than 5 hours making it, I don't really expect it to be called 'a low-effort' one. It was neither an alternate version of any existing wallpaper nor too blurry, and I used proper scan to make it. I'm not so sure of its being too plain or not anime-style, plus it's pretty confusing about the additional information (I used the scan I had uploaded here, so it can't possibly be considered such a poor scan, right?)
So, I hope that someone can tell me the exact reason of the deletion so I can find a way to fix it or improve the later works. Thank you in advance.

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

The scan quality is why it was deleted. While the scan could have been vectored or cleaned some other way (which is why it is still in the gallery, I think), leaving it as it was submitted to the gallery isn't HQ enough for use in a wallpaper. It appears to be over-filtered and blown up from its original size. I understand you spent a long time working on the wallpaper, but it's unfair for us to allow a wallpaper like this as it would be lowering MT's standards. My advice is to find a way to clean the scan properly (vectoring, painting, something) and then submitting to the Sand Box for further criticism. I think you could make a real nice wallpaper out of it with some touch ups.

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.