Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper - Minitokyo

Tagged under Rurouni Kenshin

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Here's the finish to the Rurouni Kenshin wallpaper I started a while ago. The scans are all from AnimePaper. The top is a creation of me, from my snapshots. The quote is from chapter 74 of Rurouni Kenshin manga. I hope you guys enjoy it!

This is my third attempt at this. I hope it passes.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Hi Kamira, I think you forgot the link to your wall ;)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Well since the other guy forgot his and I'm in the same boat I guess I'll drop my RK paper here to rot in the sandbox.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4757/psc1440.th.jpg

Wasn't good enough for the mods at MT as usual but if anyone likes it feel free to grab it.

Talent does what it can; genius does what it must.

thingperson

thingperson

Elizabeth, Ruler Of All Bishies

Quote by mizuWell since the other guy forgot his and I'm in the same boat I guess I'll drop my RK paper here to rot in the sandbox.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4757/psc1440.th.jpg

Wasn't good enough for the mods at MT as usual but if anyone likes it feel free to grab it.

Well its mostly because you didn't really make a background for it. You just keep the manga scans in the background and the Minitokyo Policy does state that lack of effort in any area and no effort in integrating the background and foreground your wall will be deleted.

So I would extract your Kenshin you colored from the scan, then rotate him in your program you are using (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) and positioned him standing straight. Then maybe find a good stock photo of a forest or bamboo setting like the anime would have and use filters on them (Paint Daubs, Gaussian Blur etc.).

You also need to fix the lines that are on top of him that belong to the manga background. It will make him look much neater.

Also make sure when you are extracting your Kenshin to extract him with lasso tool while zooming in on him by 400 to 500 percent slowly with feather on 1px this makes the edges neat and smoother.

Also if you want to make your own background using brushes and gradients I suggest looking at Deviantart for brushes for your program your using to download.

I hope this helps some, and if you need anymore help or advise you can always ask me I will be happy to help..*smiles*.

All hail Queen Elizabeth, ruler of all bishies. Watch your back, you wanna-be's
My Husband's are Kaname, Tsuna, Ichigo, Naruto, Haji, Hei, Sebastian, Lee-Leng
and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature
	Image VISIT THE userpageskindesignss20-signaturestudiotag-licious AND JOIN US

Yeah, I did. I changed my mind about submitting this one on here. I'm not happy with it after looking at again.

Quote by kuroimisaHi Kamira, I think you forgot the link to your wall ;)

thingperson

thingperson

Quote by KarmiraYeah, I did. I changed my mind about submitting this one on here. I'm not happy with it after looking at again.

Well that's the sandbox category is for, for walls your not sure about and want advise to help you make them better so dont worry about them being perfect and what not. People understand that the walls and things in this category are underdevelopment and have room to improve.

and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature

Quote by thingperson

Quote by KarmiraYeah, I did. I changed my mind about submitting this one on here. I'm not happy with it after looking at again.

Well that's the sandbox category is for, for walls your not sure about and want advise to help you make them better so dont worry about them being perfect and what not. People understand that the walls and things in this category are underdevelopment and have room to improve.

Here it is then.

http://www.theotaku.com/wallpapers/view/193843/saito_and_kenshin-back_to_kyot

nice........

FutatsuNoNegai

FutatsuNoNegai

Our Utmost For the Highest..

Erm..kamira-san,I can't really see the wall clearly it's kinda small...but I can tell from the wall a little,your words are barely seen..I don't think you'll need to name the characters...thats all I can see for now..

It doesn't hurt to have company by your side.

thingperson

thingperson

Quote by KarmiraHere it is then.

http://www.theotaku.com/wallpapers/view/193843/saito_and_kenshin-back_to_kyot

Well I like the idea with the battle thingy.

-First thing you should do is take out the low opacity images in the background and between the 100 percent opacity scans. This is called "ghosting" and is considered poor quailty in a wallpaper and will get your wall deleted. This also takes away the main focus off your main scans and the theme of the wall.

-Next your background looks to be a stock or screen shot and is very blurry and poor quality. You should always use a high quailty stock photo if you are using one, or a scan. And if you are using a stock photo you need to modify it using filters and such. Because you are not allowed to submit a unmodified stock photo for a background.

-So I would find a nice stock photo you like that matches the scans and use the filters Paint Daubs, or a low opacity Gaussian Blur or any filter effect that looks good. But make sure you do not over filter it, where its unrecognizable or blurry.

-Next you have have to re extract your scans to because they are very poor quality and jagged on the edges.

-So I would find a high quailty of them and zoom in by 400 or 500 percent and slowly extract them using the lasso tool and have the feather on 1px so the edges are smooth and neat.

-The scans are also distorted in the size (where its taller or skinnier than the original image is) which means its disproportionate and it looks to be unrealistic and it makes it poor quailty.

-And so when you are resizing scans and images do not use the edit = transform = scale tool because this leads to to many mistakes and makes it easier for the image to be distorted. I would suggest after you extract it to then re size it using the Image = image size command and make sure the constrain proportions check box is clicked. This makes the images proportion the same but just on a smaller image size.

-Now with your text, I would limit how many text you are using because it makes your focus go to so many things you do not know where to look first.

-Have a main big text in a place you want to draw attention after looking at the scans of them. Then if you want more text put them under it or somewhere close in a smaller font size and lighter in color or on a lower opacity. This way your attention goes to the main bigger font size and then reads the rest of the smaller size text. Also only use colors that are readable the blue you used is hard to read and looks out of place in this wall and it faded into the background to where its hard to read.

I hope this helps some, and if you have anymore questions or need anymore advise I will be happy to help :).

Signature

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.