Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Iye tire of K-pop. - Minitokyo

Iye tire of K-pop.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Seriously, don't we all?

Or, since I realize this is the Internet, don't we all - East and Southeast Asians both?

So long as the day is, hot air is hot air, and those releases by such groups as diverse as Super Junior, 2NE1, and Big Bang are contrived commercial crap.

Anyone know of any Koreans with better vocals, better instruments, and better lyrics? It'd be great if we could find some real gems, not just some ashtray hearts, liable for crushing and recycling.

sakuyahikari

sakuyahikari

Release My Soul

Why don't you try Korean Indie music? Like Loveholic(s), MoT and Nell? Ignite is good. Lyn is also pretty good for mainstream pop. Oriental Funk Stew is House if you find any interest in that. They feature other artists as their vocals. Clazziquai Project is pretty good for mainstream electronica and also Casker. Monday Kiz and Fly to the Sky are awesome pop, R&B duos. Epik High songs are great if you like Hip Hop. Tiger JK and Tasha too. These are just a couple of recommendations. But these are my preferences though so... yeah. It just matters in terms of different tastes.

Signature Image
If you could see me now
I wonder what you would think
Me, living without you

beyondmeasure

Quote by sakuyahikariWhy don't you try Korean Indie music? Like Loveholic(s), MoT and Nell? Ignite is good. Lyn is also pretty good for mainstream pop. Oriental Funk Stew is House if you find any interest in that. They feature other artists as their vocals. Clazziquai Project is pretty good for mainstream electronica and also Casker. Monday Kiz and Fly to the Sky are awesome pop, R&B duos. Epik High songs are great if you like Hip Hop. Tiger JK and Tasha too. These are just a couple of recommendations. But these are my preferences though so... yeah. It just matters in terms of different tastes.

Thanks fer the recommendations.

Any really experimental - I mean, John Zorn-experimental or Beefheart-experimental, if ye know what I'm talkin' 'bout here (you don't, but then I'm weird) - artists out there?

sakuyahikari

sakuyahikari

Release My Soul

I know what you're talking about (one of my friends happen to like stuff like that), but I haven't heard of quite that much. I listen to mostly mainstream K-Pop, Korean Hip Hop, Rock, Indie, Alternative, Electronica, House and stuff like that. But I say that mainstream Korean Pop has a lot of trend following more than trendsetting and diversity. That's why there are the same beats, auto tune, and similar images, crap like that. For that same reason is why C.N.BLUE (a newer rock group) is standing out a lot right now (except for the plagiarism issues that I find completely stupid).

Signature Image
If you could see me now
Me, living without you

Super junior and shinee

definitely k-indie is what you're going for

idol music in korea is just a copy of american

beyondmeasure

Quote by zeakershockSuper junior and shinee

... if you can't offer me anything other than crap, go shut up.

I, BEYONDMEASURE OF MINITOKYO, TIRE OF THE KIND OF POP THAT GETS COPIED AND PASTED TO ERVERY FUCKING GROUP YOU COULD EVER ENVISION, WHICH LIKE A LEECH HAS NOTHING BUT BIG BUCKS IN MIND.

merged: 03-03-2010 ~ 02:14pm

Quote by sakuyahikariI know what you're talking about (one of my friends happen to like stuff like that), but I haven't heard of quite that much. I listen to mostly mainstream K-Pop, Korean Hip Hop, Rock, Indie, Alternative, Electronica, House and stuff like that. But I say that mainstream Korean Pop has a lot of trend following more than trendsetting and diversity. That's why there are the same beats, auto tune, and similar images, crap like that. For that same reason is why C.N.BLUE (a newer rock group) is standing out a lot right now (except for the plagiarism issues that I find completely stupid).

CN Blue, ye say? I've heard of them (plagiarism, admittedly, attracts), but mine schedule's a bit tight; I think I'll give them a listen after the while.

(Well, I'm actually listening to "I'm a Loner" and , and I find that your enthusiasm for them is unwarranted - the particular lyrics are more than a little bit banal and cliched.)

But anyway, you heard of any more deviant groups than them? I'm all for trendsetting, after all.

sakuyahikari

sakuyahikari

Release My Soul

Not exactly enthusiastic about them, I thought they were a slight copy of F.T Island. All boy rock-pop band... I was more into TRAX making a comeback 'cause they haven't been around for a while. C.N.BLUE is ridden over by Nell, Cherry Filter, Sugar Donut, Seo Tai Ji, No Brain, Peterpan Complex and bunch of other Rock bands and artists. Makes me wanna go back to older stuff like 1TYM, g.o.d., Shinhwa, etc. There was a bunch of techno music like Lee Jung Hyun (her older works like ?? (Crazy), ? (Come), funny how people thought she was a new artist when she had her comeback =.=), Koyote, WAX, DJ DOC (LOL). Or more indie like Oldfish, Lucite Tokki, Bluedawn, Sweetpea... But seriously, there isn't much experimental stuff that I've heard of in terms of Korean experimental. Maybe you should try kashiwa daisuke (even if he's Japanese xD) I happen to like him though it's all instrumentals and synths.

Signature Image
If you could see me now
Me, living without you

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.