Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 THEwaller: issue no. 2 // Meme-ology - Minitokyo

THEwaller: issue no. 2 // Meme-ology

Group announcement by Vector-Wallers

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

http://www.vitaa-designs.net/THEwaller/images/2.jpg

you can access last month's memes here

http://www.vitaa-designs.net/THEwaller/images/2/memes/logo.jpg
This month's sample meme has been graciously done by Gideon, because I was lazy :D.

Your memetic task is to give us 6 - 12 of your own walls with a short definition of why you did what you did for each. Your definition of each piece should include 3 - 5 characteristic factors. They don't have to be lengthy or anything space-consuming like that; something short and sweet will do the job just fine. But don't just say "The scan was pretty 8d," because, while that's certainly a factor, it's generally a given. And boring.

This also isn't the time to tell us your piece is a vexel/vector/re-paint/result of your cat landing on the keyboard. We can already see HOW you did the wall, we want to know how you define it (what influences do you see in your own wall, what stories can you tell about the characters, what styles did you use). Think of it more like an art class where you have to hang your piece on the wall and then explain your vision it to everyone else. Try to be as specific as possible.

Rules
(1) Image must be 1200px wide and no more than 1500px high.
(2) Meme will be resized to 615px wide to post in the archives as preview format.
(3) Must include the above logo somewhere in your meme. It should be big enough as to be legible in the preview format.
(4) Must write your name below Self-Define.
(5) Must label your WIPs and somehow credit the original series/mangaka.
(6) Submit to the Meme Thread. These are the only memes that will be uploaded to the archives.

Here's Gideon's!
http://vitaa-designs.net/THEwaller/images/2/memes/Gideon_.jpg

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

This one sounds cool! X3 Will have fun with this.

Signature Image

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

muahahahaaha instead of doing my math homework i did this.
man sorry guys for making such a hard meme >_> i had a much harder time than i thought i would..
dude i am officially banned from making khr. srsly.

http://www.vitaa-designs.net/THEwaller/images/2/memes/vitaamin_.jpg

@gideon: lawl cloud with balls indeed. only miwa shirow could make that reticent hero seem so aggressive. guess thats where all of clouds repressed (sexual) energy went :D

Signature Image

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

Here's mine! Ugh fitting all that text in that little box was #$%^*&! Also, I need to do more bishies, like seriously. >.> Fortunately there's one coming soon! >D

http://www.vitaa-designs.net/THEwaller/images/2/memes/Nysha_.jpg

Lol at some of your descriptions, vita. Lawl at aftermath on the bathroom floor. >D

Signature Image

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

$%#^%^ Spanner! He needs more love<3 plz finish it T-T
Vita WTF, don't say such things, think bout the khr fans >___>

Will do a meme if I have time, thou there isn't much to comment on my walls :/

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

Comment on new techniques you used or any inspirations. And like the main vision or goal of the wall too. :D What are some of the techniques you used that help communicate your vision? (like lighting, mood, lineart style, colors, style, etc)

Signature Image

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

lol its also meant to be reflective--maybe you werent conciously inspired before by something, but now you can see how close your wall was to that influence. think about it like critiquing your own wall (almost) >D

spanner is almost finished, im just being really slow because i havent finished coding EDD's upload system yet lol

Signature Image

Tens

Tens

Gradient Abuser

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4789/vwmarch2010memetens.th.jpg

Finally. I kept making all these tiny changes.

Kritty

Tagger, Scanner

Kritty

[ S H O C K A D E L I C A ]

>____>
http://b.imagehost.org/t/0692/meme-1.jpg
This hurt my brain ;~;

tag-licious
Help keep MT organized <3
I'll give you cookies :3

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

I like how at a glance you can easily see each waller's style. :D

Lol Tens you didn't have to be that technical in your descriptions. You can make them fun too.

Signature Image

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

@kritty: -pat pat- no worries it hurt my brain too

Signature Image

Tens

Tens

Gradient Abuser

Quote by NyshaI like how at a glance you can easily see each waller's style. :D

Lol Tens you didn't have to be that technical in your descriptions. You can make them fun too.

I couldn't find any other words to describe my walls and their purpose haha.

Especially my string of walls since my Ga-rei Zero wall all have technical experimentation/exploration associated with them DX. Only wall I enjoyed from beginning to end was my last wall. My other walls I needed to strap myself to my chair and starve myself. Only until I got a good amount of vector work done on my wallpapers could I reward myself with food. Only inspiration I have when making the walls is, "the scan was pretty 8d" but I can't put that can I. LOL!

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

Quote by TensI needed to strap myself to my chair and starve myself. Only until I got a good amount of vector work done on my wallpapers could I reward myself with food.

Now that's what I call the Photoshop diet. >D No seriously, I lost 5 lbs on a wall once. D8

But don't you still have fun doing them and learning new stuff? It's kinda cool to look back and see what you've improved and what you tried to do for past walls.

Signature Image

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

lawl thats TOTALLY how i lost the weight i have been trying to lose since freshman year

Signature Image

was trying to work on my Range Murata WIP to see if I can stir up some motivation to wall (failed) and so the text-work from that sort of carried over. it really doesn't fit the look of the meme but i can happily say that although i don't feel like walling i still had fun sticking text together. xD

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1903/vwmmar10thumb.jpg

in retrospect, i don't wall many smiling people do i... :/

lol photoshop diet xD

Tens

Tens

Gradient Abuser

I still have fun doing some parts on my wall.

Of course it's fun trying out the new stuff when I get to it :). I like doing line work that some people dread. I hate doing the shapes for base color because it's boring. I so loathe fine details that are just scribbles on a character and I need to redraw them. One example would be my Chromed Shell Regios wall where everything looked like total ass. All the details were just blobs and nothing was shaped very well. Even though I got over the hard part. I just lost interest in that wall. It's kind of the same for my Kuramoto wall. It's a beautiful scan but the headpiece's details are just scribbles and I don't feel like dealing with it haha.

Generally I have fun near the end of vectoring a character because I already did the base shading to have a guide on what to do. So I can let loose on vexeling and have fun just like in painting. Another reason is because it's almost done lol. Oh yeah, I hate doing backgrounds :(. But it was fun doing the background for Benevolence since I made it similar but different to suit my tastes.

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7660/kittenmeme.th.jpg

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

I'm being stalked by Kitten! D8

I'm still confused at where you draw the line between vectoring and vexelling there, Tens. To me unless it's been rasterized, it's still all vectors. lol
I think I have the most fun after getting the lines done, then it's smooth sailing with painting. :D

Signature Image

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

asa im going to kick you the next time you change my logo :3
what is this other wall! WORK ON OUR PROJECTTT D:

Signature Image

Tens

Tens

Gradient Abuser

Lol, sorry for confusing you.

My base colors and line work are usually vector layers (scalable color layers). When I vexel, most of the shading are vector masks with raster gradients so I have more control over blending. They are also mixed with some that use layer effects to enhance some areas.

Sometimes I use the term "vectoring" to refer to drawing in a program with shapes while it may or may not be correct technically (like that last sentence in my previous post). So in the end, I will still be confusing you but I will try my best to be as technical as possible in the future.

That's a cool entry asa, it's unique haha. Also, glad you finished your meme Kitten! I knew you could do it.

Nysha

Nysha

Eye Candy Maker!

Lawl ah now I see. I can accept the raster gradients. Before I thought you were doing some illustrator techniques or gradient overlays and still calling them vexels, lol. I actually prefer this technical explanation (write this stuff on your walls!). :D But yea it's a fuzzy area to differentiate so many new people will still be confused with vectors.

Asa....it's kinda hard to read some of those. D8

Signature Image

lol sorry vitaa D: i didn't realize until now that i'd filled that part with the wrong shade of gray. i'll fix it. (the story behind why i came to recreate the logo is a stupid one so don't ask.) and fishy-boy IS the priority right now. like i said i wanted to stir up some motivation and whenever i need that, fooling around with text helps. i am not slacking off. ;__;

@ tens: haha thanks. i was seriously just making a list for the yoite one and it just...happened.

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

Revival

Yea, Asa's I got lost in...kinda like all of them were talking at once lol But it's cool still, very different :3

Ah, Thanks Tens <3 It was hard, damn you Vitaa ._. Make an easier one next time!

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

lol i was like wth is fishy-boy o_0 and WHY ARENT YOU WORKING ON OUR COLLAB. then i realized what you were saying :D

re kitten: i like to challenge people what can i say.

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.