Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Learned Japanese b/c of Anime - Minitokyo

Learned Japanese b/c of Anime

page 1 of 1 8 total items

How many people took Japanese classes in high school/college or taught themselves Japanese because of anime?

I took a year of Japanese courses in college because of my interest in anime before I dropped it because I couldnt fit it into my schedule for the following year. But before I took the class, I had picked up a few words, phrases, and sentence structure stuff from having watched enough anime, such as the differences between 'watashi', 'boku', and 'ore', the numbers up to 10,000,000, and just a random vocabulary of attack names and such (like Rasengan = Spiral Ball, Zangetsu = Cutting Moon, Onigiri = Rice Ball or Demon Cut)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I learned it from foreign films and research, I didn't learn about anime officially came in another language until about 2001 I often thought it came that way. I researched the japanese culture and learned things that way first and then branched from there. I suppose it helped me to learn a few words but the most came from the other two methods.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

secretzfan

secretzfan

I love anmie

I taught myself.

my complete Japanese dictionary so far. SADLY i CAN'T SPELL THEM ALL

arigato- thank you
Ichigo: Strawberry
Rukia: Light( I thought death at first)
Hime: princess
Orihime: Woven princess
Ai- love
zen-peace
aizen- love and peace
inoue: above the well
naruto: (He was named after food ha ha): steamed fish-paste cake, sliced to decorate soup
Sakura: Cherry blossom(duh)
Zangetsu: cutting moon
Rasangan: Spiral ball
hinata: sunny place, in the sun
Ranpu: light
kuro: Black
saki: Blossom
Suki: love, fond, channce, opportunity
Haruno: blossoming field
sharingan: Copy wheel eye
Rinnegan: Sa?s?ra eye or wander between life and death
Byakugan: White eyes or all seeing eye
kekkei genkai; "Bloodline Limit"
sora: sky
Sarunara:"Goodbye forever"
uryuu ishida- rain dragon
Zabimaru- serpent's tail
Benihime: Crimson princess
Senbonsakura: One thousand cherry blossoms

etc there are more but too many

I am a big DBZ fan at heart, but I like other anime thanks to there storyline. DBZ is the reason I love Bleach I am a lonley person. I have no ral friends in the world, and so I go to anime and it closes up the saddens I feel with joy. [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/Ggumm.gif[/IMG]Signature Image

so far because of anime i've learned a whole bunch of common phrases.... also i got a bunch of the culture and the whole formal vs casual idea that is completely absent in english >_> Listening to j-music and what not helped me with pronounciations (as its usually exagerated in singing) as well as taking roma into hira, kata and kanj.

its also inspired me to read online guides on learning japanese as well as buy a few books on it. from these i got my head around the whole grammer of it (like particles and verb conjugations --> i still am very very bad at these)

then from anime (and the translator notes in manga) I have a huge dictionary of random vocabulary words O_O half of said words i would probably never need to use in an actual conversation

Signature

secretzfan

secretzfan

I love anmie

I know a great site to learn it all go to the "Japanese dictionary" online

I am a big DBZ fan at heart, but I like other anime thanks to there storyline. DBZ is the reason I love Bleach I am a lonley person. I have no ral friends in the world, and so I go to anime and it closes up the saddens I feel with joy. [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/Ggumm.gif[/IMG]Signature Image

i started learning japanese through watching animes, then attended a couple japanese classes to learn how to write and the sentence structures.
the only problem i m hving is tht i m better at listening and speaking than writing and reading.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.