Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shoutbox suggestion ~ - Minitokyo

Shoutbox suggestion ~

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

bukx

bukx

~:SMT fanatic:~

When im browsing i found some nice flash shoutbox

its might good for minitokyo,which we always need to refresh the page to get new messages

this suggested shoutbox is refreshed automatically right on the moment new messages come
so it might be more convenient

this is the site i found the shoutbox
http://www.rm-anime.net/

the shoutbox's name is ShoutMix
oh yeah,im not promoting the site,i just like the shoutbox,really convenient
no offense to Minitokyo either,im just suggesting
thx~

Signature Image

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

finally someone came up with that. I also think we could use a new chatbox. Always having to refresh the page makes it boring to use, not to mention it takes really long to go back to the page if the conection is not the best... dumb me having not made that suggestion... good point, bukx ^-^

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

bukx

bukx

~:SMT fanatic:~

i hope mods or admins will give reply to this
just suggesting so that members can have more convenient chat ^_^

the shoutbox i mentioned is not the only one we can found
theres more flash shoutbox in other site

Signature Image

RafaDX

RafaDX

Nulla é Reale. Tutto é Lecito

i think the botton refresh in side of the history button is to refresh ONLY the shoutbox and not the hole page, i use this, click in the refresh and new messages come, my page don't refresh just the chat o.o

Signature
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

the shoutbox was probably sat up so everyone could come in and chat. you got to remember that dialup still comes around and then there's people on phones that if it was to go digital or flash people might not be able to use it and it would be an unfair advantage.

but there are rumors of talks of people working on an upgrade to the site, like a new isp so who knows what might be in the works in the future. but most correct rafa it refreshes the shoutbox not the whole entire page, that doesn't happen until a post is made and the whole thing refreshes (this is for those that are new to the shoutbox and if are wondering what the shoutbox is or how to get to it then go to http://my.minitokyo.net/skin or hover over your name and click on site options and then have chat enabled and then click okay. sometimes new members don't have chat turned on yet)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

We tried an automatic refresh in the early days of the new layout... it stressed the servers too much so Sheq scrapped it.

Signature Image

ndox900

ndox900

ndeso forever ^_^

why don't you guys reload the page or just click the note on the note page , it will refresh the whole page its the eazy way to refresh the note page with computer or cellphone
thats i always do XD

hmm... i'm sleepy Signature Image

awkwardusername

awkwardusername

(」・ω・)」うー!

Maybe you are using the wrong concept of refreshing the shoutbox. The shoutbox must be separated on a frame. That frame must contain a script(in XML or Javascript) so that it may refresh automatically, right?

I am not an expert on these things, but automatic refresh (i think) would really not stress the servers that much. It's pure text.

That is, if Minitokyo operates the whole thing, which means they host it. Which is apparently, a thing IDK.

well, whatever..

merged: 02-18-2011 ~ 04:34pm
Forget what I've said. it's just me, talking jabberwocky. haha.

Signature Image
Wordpress | Tumblr
Then what role am I to play in this farce? Should I be the slave? The villager? The knight? The protagonist? No, I am them all! A hero who’s role is to consume everything in sight, dancing while tearing the theater apart. A drama. A drama whose audience is the drama itself.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.