Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Indy Art or Wallpaper? And is something missing? - Minitokyo

Indy Art or Wallpaper? And is something missing?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

HurtHattori

Linguistics

HurtHattori

Hello!

I've just finished a vector I called Smoke on the water,featuring Kaji Ryouji from Evangelion.

I will soon submit it on MT, but I hesitate : where should I upload it? Indy Art since it's a vector, or Wallpaper? The original resolution is 1920x1080, and it looks pretty good on a desktop but it isn't as detailed as the others wallies so I don't know... :( On the other hand, if I upload this as a Wallpaper, I'll upload an extracted version (only Kaji's face on a white background) in Indy Art as well, in case someone would like to use it.

Anyway... I would love your opinion. Where do you think I should upload it? If you think that it should go in Wallpaper, do you see something that I should improve?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!

vectory french-tribu linguistics-team
Don't beg for it. Earn it. Then it shall be granted to you.

I think that should go to the Indy Art section , since it's a vector art .

If you're planning to submit it as a wallpaper , I think you can do much more than just place a cloud background on it , like giving it some textures , designs etc. (or maybe you can add text as well)

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Well, I would submit it under the Indy Art section better, for a wallpaper it looks a tad too simplistic.

Headshot wallpapers are kinda tough to work with. Unless you make a huge transformation to the scan/screenshot, like vexeling or painting. the wall will look...err, plain.
Quiet by jns
Quiet by jns Is a headshot wallpaper, but it's extremely effective as you can see, jns painted the scan and give it a soft look.
Gentle Rain by Yamionpu
Gentle Rain by Yamionpu another example, Yamionpu gave the original screencap a little pump with more shades.

I think that the key to an effective headshot wallpaper is adding details, not a bunch of details but the right amount does the trick.
I hope this was somewhat helpful 8)

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

HurtHattori

Linguistics

HurtHattori

First of all, I'd like to thank both of you for your time; I mean it, really!

I knew that something was missing, and you both confirmed that it was a bit too plain. The comparison with Quiet or Gentle Rain is helpful, even though I don't know exactly what to do for a wallpaper... But I think I'll figure out something. Soon. :P (I have an idea, but I don't know if I will be able to pull it out successfully).

I'll upload the current version soon, in Indy Art because I think this is its right place...

Can I use this thread to show you what I will come up with? I think I'll need your help again, since I never really did good wallpapers (just crappy ones :D).

vectory french-tribu linguistics-team
Don't beg for it. Earn it. Then it shall be granted to you.

Quote by HurtHattoriFirst of all, I'd like to thank both of you for your time; I mean it, really!

I knew that something was missing, and you both confirmed that it was a bit too plain. The comparison with Quiet or Gentle Rain is helpful, even though I don't know exactly what to do for a wallpaper... But I think I'll figure out something. Soon. :P (I have an idea, but I don't know if I will be able to pull it out successfully).

I'll upload the current version soon, in Indy Art because I think this is its right place...

Can I use this thread to show you what I will come up with? I think I'll need your help again, since I never really did good wallpapers (just crappy ones :D).

Ooh! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with! :D

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.