Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 second wallpaper (gallery worthy?) - Minitokyo

second wallpaper (gallery worthy?)

Tagged under Darker than Black

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Alcuinus

Alcuinus

insanity

Hei from Darker than Black
http://a.imageshack.us/img717/4864/95549899.jpg
1:4

Alrighty then, here is my second wallpaper on here. I'm just wondering if it's gallery worthy and looking for any C&C (particularly concerning the background and positioning of Hei)

scan source: misty on zerochan

I think That you need to intensify Hei's shadows a bit and add some text to it so it dosen't look as empty

Also what program are you using? I can tell you what would help better if I knew what you were using

Alcuinus

Alcuinus

insanity

Terribly sorry I forgot to specify what apps I used (usually I don't forget that sort of thing). I use a healthy mixture of GIMP, GIMP-painter, and Photoshop Elements 6.0. I see what you mean concerning the shadows, and I've tried adjusting them accordingly, using a levels adjustment layer. I'm not to sure if it came out right though XD. I've also added some text, but I'm not to good with that either. :P Hopefully it came out ok.

Here's 1:2 copy of the current version.
http://a.imageshack.us/img43/1006/heismall.jpg

Looking way better, Try doing this with the character in Gimp,to intesify the characters shadows.

Create a dupicate layer of the character,then just set the dupicated layer on soft light, that should do it.

Also if you want it to glow a little bit also, do the same thing as above but gaussian blurr it at about 13 .

Also try doing the above to the background also, it will make it look alot better,

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I guess my first thing to ask would be ask if you can post a full size version of this wallpaper. Better critique can be offered and more precise details can be covered.

As for everything, well the background is certainly an interesting choice. However, the biggest problem is it clashes with the scan. It would be one thing if the scan of Hei was in black and white/gray to match the background, but as of right now he doesn't fit that well onto the background itself. Another thing is with the multiple designs in the background. It almost seems like a bit too much, although maybe that's me.

As a suggestion for the background, why not go with something that fits with the condition of Hei's mask? Something like a blood splattered wall that fits with the blood on his masK? Of course, this is simply a suggestion.

The text itself I really like as well, but with it overlapping over the design of the background it more so ends up clashing.

I can offer a bit more feedback, but I'd need to see the full size of the wallpaper in order to be able to assist.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.