Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why the changes? - Minitokyo

Why the changes?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

I've noticed some rather peculiar changes on the site recently. First was removal of "Tag me" button, that allowed to add tags to random picture with less than three tags. Another is removing page numeration in favor of Next/Previous Page Button. While first change isn't that significant to me, the latter is really annoying: user is unable to (for example) skip two pages a time without modifying the URL itself, not to mention that total amount of search results is not visible at first glance. Therefore here's my question: what was the reason for these changes?

Dominator

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

I'm not sure about the Tag thing, but I remember someone saying that page naviagtion was removed to allow the images to load faster.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

Quote by Chloe-chanI'm not sure about the Tag thing, but I remember someone saying that page naviagtion was removed to allow the images to load faster.

I don't get how it makes it faster. Current page number is clearly still present and obtainable via PHP $_GET function of "page" variable (which you can see in the URL), so at least displaying it shouldn't generate too much additional transfer. Maybe total amount of search results isn't calculated at all and that's what makes it faster?

Dominator

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

I want the tag me button back :(

I also don't understand why the Indy Art category has been taken from the front page (where you see the 3 most recent pieces). It gave the community a more personal touch. Although I'm not too active anymore in that category myself, I still enjoyed looking at peoples artwork, both vectorized images and original art.

Aww.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

-The tagme button will be back.
- There haven't been page numbers for a very long time (for performance reasons, calculating totals like you suggested). Perhaps they will be back though.

@ x-Hitodama-x look around the frontpage :p

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Sheqel: Would you consider adding the frontpage settings to either account or site options (not sure where it fits better)? It might get more visibility that way.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Oh, I've wanted to ask...Now this topic is about the changes.

What's with the broken links of "Popular Last Week/Month/3Months/Year" of every section? It's been like that for some time now. It just re-directs you to the latest and not the ones you asked for.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

Quote by Sheqel

@ x-Hitodama-x look around the frontpage :p

Oh! It's customizable! That's great <3

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Sheq, regarding the customizable front page, can you make that an announcement then? Because if I hadn't read it here I wouldn't have known.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.