Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are there seriously no Devil Survivor walls? - Minitokyo

Are there seriously no Devil Survivor walls?

Tagged under Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

page 1 of 1 2 total items

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

So. I'm attempting to get back up on the Photoshop horse after...

Um.

Four years?

Anyway, I'm familiarizing myself with PS CS5. I decided to do it with Devil Survivor because I seriously heart (f*** you) the way I'm playing my main character in that. Even if I can only handle the crap gameplay for short stretches of time. Inspiration was, in part, the Japanese game cover, but I've also been having some thoughts about how to make an animated gif that wasn't massively annoying, which undoubtedly influenced the style.

I'm thinking of making a gif version that has the little radar thing in the number bubble going around, but I'm not sure that wouldn't irritate me.

Anyway, this is the result of... wow. Nine hours of on and off work. Lot of cleaning, lot of undoing and redoing. Very simplistic, but I like things that are simple. Still, I need to do something with all the damn empty space. Thinking of putting something similar to one of these things (found throughout the artbook) along the bottom. Something. Suggestions would be sort of appreciated. Particularly suggestions from people older than twelve.

...like I care what you jerks think.

And yes, it's supposed to look frigging jaggy. That's what passes for style these days. Don't you people keep up with these fads?

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2138/dswipth.png

...incidentally, did Minitokyo die while I wasn't looking?

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

First of all, I suggest that you watch your language. Seriously, talking about Minitokyo like that while saying so much crap. It's ironic and such a shame. Not to mention that you really leave a horrible image of yourself which basically scares people away or don't even bother to give it a look. Work on that first. Also, if you don't care about our opinions and suggestions, why are you even trying to ask for help?

Next, I know that the jaggies are done on purpose but in a wallpaper in this style. Smooth lines should fit the best and would be appropriate as it's not distorting the main image. Especially when the light balls, whatever it is. That they are so smooth and then you see jaggied....Characters, it's completely off. Then my suggestion is, keep it at one style at a time. Creating this wallpaper with vector techniques I'm pretty certain it would look better and it wouldn't even take you 9 freaking hours!

I think it would look better, less empty if you make the characters a bit bigger and use the space better. You didn't use much effects so you can't really concentrate it all in one place (there are wallpapers like that, but you have to be careful with the use of space) Place them a bit different and it should be fine. You could even be able to leave out the logo and paste your own text in it. Instead of using the logo, you can apply the text to a fitting one for the wallpaper. If done right, this wallpaper could be pretty cool. Good job for 5 years of retiring though.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.