Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Grammer-Nazi Volunteers [Oldsters} - Minitokyo

Grammer-Nazi Volunteers [Oldsters}

Group announcement by Oldsters

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Greetings everyone,

I'm looking for volunteers for an upcoming *writing challenge that will be launching this October. You'll need to be available throughout the month of October to help correct short story contributions (750 approximate word count) from people who don't speak English as their first language. I'm not expecting volunteers to submit feedback on how stories can be improved, I just need people to look over text for sentence flow issues and grammar errors. In other words, I'm looking for Grammar-Nazis with kind dispositions!

If interested please send a PM to Elves (that's me) and I'll sign you up. I'll try to distribute stories evenly among volunteers so no one's overloaded, but the number of stories will be totally dependent on the volunteer to writing contribution ratio. Thanks all!

P.S. Posting your willingness below is great, but it will not put you on the volunteers list.

---------------------------------------
*Specifics of the challenge will be posted separately in early October.
---------------------------------------

(And yes, I totally meant to spell "grammar" wrong in the title. If you caught that right off the bat why aren't you volunteering already?)

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

CaMiLi

CaMiLi

ALL HAIL LULU!

i dont reALLY like the fact that you re using that word Nazi. its linked with a horrible time back then, and me as a german, really feel offended. thats as if you would use the word nigga or whatsoever -_-

DO U NEED A USERPAGELAYOUT? JUST WRITE ME A PM ^^Signature Image

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

I apologize for any offense taken by you and/or anyone else, CaMiLi. My meaning wasn't to belittle the real horrors from the past and/or insult .

Before posting I debated on whether to use the phrase in the subject line at all. However, after taking into consideration that I know many college English majors who use the phrase "Grammar-Nazi" as a self description with pride and that the phrase carries instant meaning of the type of volunteers I'm looking for, I went with it. Even though posting the phrase in the subject was risky it served as a way to grab peoples' attention as well. So though no offense was meant, I apologies for any taken.

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

well i'm a german mt member too^^ but i don't mind it, couse i know how you mean it. Ok, grammar police would be a better name^^ maybe.

well i would be glad if i could be of some help to you but to tell the truth i'm not to confident in my english^^ < This sounds kinda strange to me XD

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.