Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper / One in the Same - Minitokyo

Wallpaper / One in the Same

Tagged under Black Rock Shooter

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

How is this Poor extraction? There is no poor extraction! I don't understand why this was pulled! Please give me a better understanding as to why. Maybe I could fix the problem, even though I don't think there is.

~Ty

What wallpaper would you like me to create next? Send me a PM.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Ty,

I want to start things off here with a suggestion from one individual to another. I hope you won't take any offense to this, for it isn't meant to be rude but to offer advice.

I am also a member of another site that you recently departed and while what we do and what they do are completely different matters, I do want to inform you that I kept myself updated with your situation on there. I want to tell you right now that civility will help you go a long way. A personal suggestion for future use would be to show more cooperation and willingness to understand instead of frustration and denial. I completely understand why, but this will us all get off on a much better foot and a solution to your dilemma without any problems!

I reported the wallpaper, but not for that reason. I reported it because, quite simply, it's fan art using Dymo's style of work and needed to be properly taken care of. As for the issue of deletion, upon further inspection of the item, there is evidence of a semi-poor extraction. My best advice I can offer is practice makes perfect. The more you work with it, the better your extractions will be. Perhaps a staff member will be able to enlighten you a bit more on this situation as well! We also have a section in the forum called "The Sandbox" that is perfect for suggestions and advice before submission to help wallers.

Signature Image

So semi-poor extraction of what? The scan of fan art of fat art? (which completely confuses me) I honestly took 2 scans I likes... and combined them... both are found here on this site... I don't understand still.

Are you talking about the boy version not being taken out of the background (off the scan) correctly? Because I used photoshop, went in 400% and cleaned the scan perfectly. After that I tinted the scan a little making the colors pop out more, added some background stuff... then on top of all that I added a boarder to make it pop off the background (used overlay so it's not in all areas) and then added a little texture on top with multiply...

If this isn't what you're talking about... could you explain it better?
Also, if you knew me from AP why didn't you tell me it's fan art of fan art? (or whatever you're talking about) I honestly ONLY want to make good wallpapers for people to enjoy. That's my only goal... if people get upset and frustrated at what I do, I'll stop. But honestly these wallpapers are for my friends and it makes them happy. If some people hate them, I understand. I'm just trying to educate myself better in the world of wallpaper art.

Anyways... tell me what you're thinking... it's great to hear others.
~Ty

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Semi-poor extraction in/of your work. Minitokyo qualifies at least a little bit of decency in the submitted art/scans. If you don't understand that, can't help you with it other than suggesting to practice more.

Honestly, you can clean all you want. You can even chop off their heads while cleaning. Just "cleaning" doesn't mean it's a good extracted scan. Not even zooming in to 400% says it. It's the skill that matters. I have no idea what you tried to submit but I can atleast say this.

I see no reason why CyanideBlizzard would explain it since he already did. If it doesn't qualify then that's that. Get over with it and improve, practice and get better.
You have a sad excuse and I am getting already irritated by reading that paragraph of yours. You "only" want to make "good" wallpaper for people to enjoy? Isn't that just self-satisfication? Also, it's not that people are getting frustrated by what you do, it is you that's getting frustrated of what we do.

If it isn't a battle you want to win, then why did you bother wasting your time starting this rant topic in the first place? Then to think that it's not a battle, far from that. They are the Minitokyo Policy requirements. Though, I doubt you ever read it as you already went hopeless. Minitokyo accepts any wallpaper/art/scan that follow the Policy, simple as that. Just try again, giving up after trying once and falling , you only give yourself a disadvantage by that. You can't befriend everyone, neither can you satisfy everyone.

Go ahead and give up, your life is only one miserable life out of millions. I could care less, but that's just me. I have no idea about others though. Have fun with your job as an animator. You keep mentioning "everyone" it's FAR from everyone. Not to mention that there are quite a lot putting up their original work. The way you put it, also their original art they use in wallpapers will be made by you? Y

No offense but, you don't make any sense.

Aside from that, please follow the "Deletion Appeal" rules instead of bringing up a random rant topic of why it got deleted.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

To Valuna-
Please respond back. I've very interested in your strong opinions.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/tythecooldude06/Black_Rock_shooter_bg.jpg

This is the wallpaper I was asking about. CyanideBlizzard had the right to comment because he is the one who reported the wallpaper. When I found out the wallpaper was taken off the site, it gave me 2 options. 1- don't upload this wallpaper again and 2- post on the forum asking why it was taken off. Since I did want to know why, and STILL want a better explanation I continued to ask. The more knowledge I get the better I will be educated and others who also look at my work.

To CyanideBlizzard -
I'm also very much wondering how "As for the issue of deletion, upon further inspection of the item, there is evidence of a semi-poor extraction." Is seen in your eyes. I don't understand what characters you are talking about and why you believe that. Here are the 2 scans I used.

(C77) Snow Ring - Dmyotic 6.0 / B*RS Guest Illustration

and
Huke - Pic 06 POST 8

Since I am new to this site and both of you are very nice and understand, of where all the staff members are located, could you tell me where to find them so I may get their opinion? I can't wait to get feedback on this situation! I'll talk with all of you latter. Thanks so much! :D

~Ty

Area within the red area looks to have extraction issues, based on the downsized image you provided. There's also the outline along the arm and sword as well as the hair near the sword area. The residue background from the original scan is not properly removed along the image outlines.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/740/strokey.png

Kiopi -
The area you circled are actually not extraction issues. *laughs* I see what everyone is saying now. I added an outline to the extracted image - and instead of just a full colored line I wanted it broken up. So I used Overlay which allows the influence of background's dark/lighter areas to infuence the color/opacity of the outline.
Since we're all visual people here's what I mean.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/tythecooldude06/Black_Rock_shooter_bg5.jpg
So what I'm hearing... Is this isn't a extraction issue... but just a preference of opinion. CyanideBlizzard would probably like to see this
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/tythecooldude06/Black_Rock_shooter_bg2.jpg
instead of how I really wanted it to be... like this
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/tythecooldude06/Black_Rock_shooter_bg.jpg

So... what should I do from here? Can I resubmit this how I wanted it or is someone going to say the extraction is wrong again? I don't know what to do to get my wallpaper back.

~Ty

merged: 10-12-2010 ~ 05:13am
I would like to request to have my wallpaper re-uploaded. One
	in the Same by tythecooldude06
One in the Same by tythecooldude06
Can a staff member please look at my request. Thank you.
~Ty

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Can you upload an image to what it would look like without any layer options?

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/tythecooldude06/Black_Rock_shooter_bg6.jpg
and a closer look with this one...
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a273/tythecooldude06/Black_Rock_shooter_bg7.jpg

If I take off all the layer options it would completely go against my idea...
that and all you would see is 1 texture overall the wallpaper if I took everything off... XD
Is this what you wanted to see? In not please tell me again to redo it.
~Ty

When putting up something for evaluation, you should provide a full wallpaper image (in actual size, not downsized versions) and not just bits and portions.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

You were right about the layer options making it look like bad extraction. Without the layer options it looks much much cleaner and the character blends into the background better IMO. Would you consider keeping the layer options off? If so, I'll restore the deleted wallpaper and you can just update it with the newer version.

Signature Image

Quote by ChloeYou were right about the layer options making it look like bad extraction. Without the layer options it looks much much cleaner and the character blends into the background better IMO. Would you consider keeping the layer options off? If so, I'll restore the deleted wallpaper and you can just update it with the newer version.

I can do that... but how do I update the wallpaper? I don't go to submit wallpaper do I? Is there an option after you unlock/undelete the wallpaper?
~Ty

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Yup, there should be the option on the right side of the box where we can read your description. I'll restore the wallpaper :)

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.