Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion: Colored text - Minitokyo

Suggestion: Colored text

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Whilst my new laptop configures all my settings and is taking 5 hours for fragmentation (144 GB..what?) I've decided to try a thread a little different: question and suggest something at the same time. This is just an off-my-head thing and has no forms of sense at all rather than for it to balance scales. Bash me in PMs if anything. Lol

Has the topic of Mod's and Admins having a text color assigned to their name ever been brought up before in the past? I don't know about any of you, but a colored name doesn't seem to do the trick when their letters typed are the same as ours. It's like shaving half of a pack wolf and expectin' the pups to think he's top dog y'know. Perhaps a general color in itself would be good.

Any takers? Yes? No? I think no, considering the site crashing stuff that Angel mentioned but I'm blind to what the website can handle and what it can't as this stage.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

A colored name and title under the name is just a simple indicator of staff status.
Changing the color text someone writes in a message is not a good indicator. With BBcode anyone can write text in various colors, fonts and styles, making it difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish a member's status. Possibly we could include a border color on the avatar image, but that is not very different from just the colored member name + title, and anyone could create an avatar mimicking the border color.

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

I figured that much out already, pity there's no way to counter it. Even if mimiking is done, how many people are willing to remain mimiking though? The most I can think of is that they'll get bored and give up. Seems pretty stupid that one would want to imitate a Mod when you have no powers in general. I s'pose this won't go anywhere far but, not all ideas start out great I guess.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

The admins, mods, and elites should have something like color-coded names to tell them apart from the rest. I don't know how someone becomes a mod or elite but it does not bother me at all. In fact I like it.

Though xal-san will claim blood red....

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.