Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Too Much Final Fantasy VII? - Minitokyo

Too Much Final Fantasy VII?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

WhiteLion

WhiteLion

children of a battlecry

I have too give Square Enix a lot of credit for what they've done with their Final Fantasy series - when Square first started of (as SquareSoft) they didn't have much hope - Final Fantasy is thus called due to the fact that the team felt that the game would be last game they would ever develop together due to poor sales of previous titles (they were losing money, fast).

The game turned out to be a success and has become a staple in the RPG otaku universe. I really like the series, in fact, I adore it...I just have one problem. What's up with the overuse of Final Fantasy 7? Don't get me wrong; I like Final Fantasy 7 but I think its too overated, I mean - it's like Square Enix doesn't even think about the other Final Fantasy games!

FF 7 has had a movie, so many remakes, the characters have been used in adverts and promos, the list goes on! Come on! What about FF8 and FF9? FF10 already has a part two (and that sequel was very...interesting [reminded me of Mew Mew Power for some reason]). Squall and Zidane are really cool characters, not just Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud or Zack Zack Zack Zack, don't misunderstand me, I like Cloud and Zack, but there should be more of the other protaganists too! And anyone whose played Dissidia will be shocked to find out in the opening FMV that Sqaure Enix had Squall fight Sephiroth! When I saw that I just thought, "Their trying to make Squall popular by having him have an epic fight with Sephiroth so that people can think of him as Cloud (GASP)!" Well, that's what I thought...Hehe!

Please reply, I would love to know what you all think.

i am the arctic lion with a mane as pale as snow
Signature

SSJTrunkSH

SSJTrunkSH

Hero of the Future !

i like FF VII

Sekai ni Itami o !

WhiteLion

WhiteLion

children of a battlecry

Quote by SSJTrunkSHi like FF VII

I never said I didn't like FF7. I said that they should do the other games too. Your reply didn't help much now did it?

Signature

Dreadwave

Dreadwave

Hunter of snark bait.

I'm more of a FF1 and FF6 fan. I do see your point though Seven has basically turned into a franchise zombie where all other FF games are compared to. Hell even the protagonist of Final fantasy 13 was likened into a female version of Cloud, fear not though Final fantasy versus 13 looks like it'll revitalize the series if done right.

I guess I have an advantage over most people. At least I know I'm not getting a happy ending.Signature Image

WhiteLion

WhiteLion

children of a battlecry

Quote by DreadwaveI'm more of a FF1 and FF6 fan. I do see your point though Seven has basically turned into a franchise zombie where all other FF games are compared to. Hell even the protagonist of Final fantasy 13 was likened into a female version of Cloud, fear not though Final fantasy versus 13 looks like it'll revitalize the series if done right.

Thanks for reassuring me, I was starting to feel that Final Fantasy was going to become - Final Fantasy 7 and the other unimportant minor games!

merged: 12-24-2010 ~ 03:55pm
It seems that no-one's posting. What a waste.

Signature

Yunibarasu-no-Yousei

Yunibarasu-no-Yousei

.::The Third Eve::.

Many FF games have always been remade or even the characters end up having cameo appearances in other games. but in all I prefer the FF1 and FF6 as well.

"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."-Phantom F. Harlock. (Youth in my Arcadia)
"To die, To reproduce, to be reborn,....the endless cycle of Death and Resurrection..that is the true element..of God"- Galatea (Bubblegum crisis)
Head of the .::?????::. ~Akuma No Teikoku~ Family

WhiteLion

WhiteLion

children of a battlecry

But you have to compare the number of times FF7 has been remade, whatever Square Enix wants to do, FF7 must be there. It's seems a bit partial to the other games, I think that this is because FF7 was the highest selling game FF game.

Signature

HikaruKage

HikaruKage

Inane Devvy

Perhaps the story in FF7 is slightly more intricate, thus capable of spawning sidestories and such.

Well, I for one am not very familiar with the FF franchise, just FF7, it's ilk, FF8, Dissidia and playing through FF3,4 and 6 then abandoning it halfway.

I do however, find that certain FF7 things are quite unnecessary: Before Crisis, On the Way to a Smile (besides Denzel's case), DoC and Advent Children (the rushed slapdashed movie compared to Advent Children Complete, which was however, quite meh in the storyline and music)

On a side note, I really do enjoy Crisis Core overall, except Genesis, who is quite annoying.

Now that Dissidia Duodecim is coming out, I guess there will be more hype on the other characters of the FF franchise, however, we have no idea about the other characters that will show up (sans Cain of FF4, Vaan of FF12, Tifa of FF7 and Lightning of FF13)

DeviantART
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Soren Kierkegaard
Perhaps it's harder to watch the burdened that to be burdened, that is why people always look away. -M.

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

yay! Finally someone who feels the same way about 7 that I do. Don't get me wrong, I like 7, and I realize it was revolutionary, but there are how many other games in the series?! It makes me sad that characters like Squall and Zidane get kicked to the curb for Cloud and Sephiroth all the time.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

never enough cloud and seffie man sex lmao

NightxFenrir

NightxFenrir

Darkz Fenrir

I don't think that's wrong . . . .
since FF VII is more popular than other series . .
plus there's many prequel or sequel that can be made from those many mystery in the game . .
however,FF VII have the biggest fans compare to other final fantasy series . .
And I'm One among those fans too . . XD

hate the graphic ;(

Final Fantasy VII is one of the 3 better FF

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Quote by WhiteLionI have too give Square Enix a lot of credit for what they've done with their Final Fantasy series - when Square first started of (as SquareSoft) they didn't have much hope - Final Fantasy is thus called due to the fact that the team felt that the game would be last game they would ever develop together due to poor sales of previous titles (they were losing money, fast).

The game turned out to be a success and has become a staple in the RPG otaku universe. I really like the series, in fact, I adore it...I just have one problem. What's up with the overuse of Final Fantasy 7? Don't get me wrong; I like Final Fantasy 7 but I think its too overated, I mean - it's like Square Enix doesn't even think about the other Final Fantasy games!

FF 7 has had a movie, so many remakes, the characters have been used in adverts and promos, the list goes on! Come on! What about FF8 and FF9? FF10 already has a part two (and that sequel was very...interesting [reminded me of Mew Mew Power for some reason]). Squall and Zidane are really cool characters, not just Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud or Zack Zack Zack Zack, don't misunderstand me, I like Cloud and Zack, but there should be more of the other protaganists too! And anyone whose played Dissidia will be shocked to find out in the opening FMV that Sqaure Enix had Squall fight Sephiroth! When I saw that I just thought, "Their trying to make Squall popular by having him have an epic fight with Sephiroth so that people can think of him as Cloud (GASP)!" Well, that's what I thought...Hehe!

Please reply, I would love to know what you all think.

What I think: Its merely giving the peope what they want. You may 'like' final fantasy 7 but there are many, many people who love it, me included. I don't think its an exaggeration either that Final Fantasy VII is what turned many gamers into J-RPG players. At the time it came out, I was blown away. Amazing cut scenes, super long game play, so many mini games, etc~
In short it has a special place in many gamers memories.

Also I think it could be said FF VII had a very extensive amount of interesting characters, organizations, locations. Seriously, what in FF VIII for example can be compared to FF VII's Midgar? That place was awesome.

I guess I just sound like a fanboy but it just boils down to what sells and what doesn't. If they made a true reboot of FF VII on the PS3 people would riot in the streets on the release date, lol. FF VIII? Meh, I seriously doubt it will sell that well.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

To be honest, there is way too much FFVII being thrown around from them. But i think they do it not only to advertise that franchise, but also for the fans. It's never too much final fantasy when, especially, it's FFVII.

I do like FFVII and its spin offs but I think they've milked it for all its worth. Compared to the other good FF games, they've come out with way more stuff for FFVII than any others.

pues si te refieres al versus desde luego que esta bueno aunauq etodabia no ha salido pero espero ansioso su estreno

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.