Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 deletion? - Minitokyo

Tagged under Angel Heart

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Hi there,

I looked and didn't find scans that came even close to the quality I was uploading or scans at all. Can you tell me why it was deleted? I'm in the process of uploading MUCH better quality covers, also, and if they're going to be deleted, too, then I'd really just as soon know before I go through the trouble of scanning them. All the covers are about 7 inches tall, at least 500 dpi, between 14-15mb in size, much, much higher quality than the existing covers. (I've included copies of an existing cover and my scan.) Is it the size? Do you want me to make it bigger and decrease the dpi?

Thanks!

Quote by inutai,

The scan you have submitted (Li Xiang Ying & Miki, manga 32) was removed for the following reason:

- It is identical to another scan in the gallery. Your version is smaller or lower quality than the existing version.

Sincerely,

Minitokyo Staff

This is an automated message and cannot be replied.

Inquiries can be made in the Deletion Complaints forum.

Existing cover:
Dimensions
4110x5655
Size
3,024kB
http://static.minitokyo.net/view/00/19/448450.jpg

My scan:
Dimensions
2687x3850
Size
14,977kB
http://static.minitokyo.net/view/37/21/508587.jpg

MadoshiKurefu

Retired Moderator, Scanner

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

I wouldn't say that your covers have a better quality. Your versions are without any blurring effects so they look very sharp and hard. Bouinbouin's scans look softer, they do not have a bad quality and if you compare your scans and her scans at the same size than her scans look better. And we don't keep smaller scans if there is already a bigger version of the same scan in the gallery. We only keep the smaller size (not very often) if the bigger scan is really worse than the smaller one.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

OK, so here's a funny coincidence. The example I used in my first post of my scan being a much higher quality than the existing cover was also deleted, in addition to 3 other higher-quality scans. That is, the lower-quality scans were left and the higher-quality scans were deleted. The reason given was: "- It is identical to (or lower quality than) an existing scan." I just don't understand. I thought it was OK to upload a much better quality scan, since that would be more desirable than a lower-quality scan. Am I wrong and it's bad to upload a duplicate, no matter how much better it is? Can you please explain it to me?

Thanks!

merged: 12-21-2010 ~ 10:18pm
Oops, you posted at the same time I did. So it's better to blow up an image and lower the dpi then? That's what you're looking for?

merged: 12-21-2010 ~ 10:29pm
Sorry, I really, really hate to add to this, because I don't want to come across as argumentative. (I'm not, I swear! :) ) You do realize that the reason the existing images appear "blurry" and mine look "hard" has nothing to do with blurring effects and are due solely to the dpi in the image, right? I mean, I can take an identical piece of each image, blow it up and show you. Another way to phrase it is if I forced the size of the scanned image (mine) into the same size of the existing scan, mine would still look "harder" due to much higher dpi quantity.

Give me a few minutes -- don't post a reply yet! ;) I'll show you what I mean...

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

The main reason is not the blurring or hard look. Those things also count while comparing scans but the main reason is that your scans are smaller. Like I said we don't delete bigger scans for smaller scans if the bigger scan has already a good quality.

Roses are red / Dean’s blood too / On his knees begging / “Please, this isn’t you” (SUPERNATURAL)

Ah, I see. What would be a really good size to go as a minimum, then, do you think? I'm sure you've seen a ton of these, and I only really get on rarely. So, in your experience, what size (as a minimum) rarely gets deleted when a newer version gets uploaded?

merged: 12-21-2010 ~ 10:55pm
I'm thinking try to get it as close to 15mb as possible and keep the dpi at about 100? Does that sound about right?

MadoshiKurefu

MadoshiKurefu

DESTIEL

In your example Bouinbouin's scan is 4110x5655 pixels big, so your identical scan has to be at least the same pixel size (but if it is the same scan then the quality of your scan has to be better) or 6000 pixels or if you want bigger, or it can be a little bit smaller but then the quality must be perfect and if I look at your scans then I don't think that this will be the case. Sometimes it doesn't even have to do with how you scan, some images doesn't look good, no matter what you do (mostly manga covers). And even if you submit a bigger scan that doesn't mean that yours will be kept automatically. A scan moderator will compare those scans again and keep the one that is in his opinion the best scan. You can of course scan those images again and upload them but I can't say yet which ones we will choose. You'll have to see.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.