Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Too many Ecchi / Fan Service in 2010? - Minitokyo

Too many Ecchi / Fan Service in 2010?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Well , I'm not too sure about you guys , but personally , there is a bit too much of these stuff to bear in 2010.

Why , we have Ichiban Ushirou Dai Maou ( Clothes are quite easily torn and replaced in this ) , Kiss x Sis ( A healthy blooded young male with his non-blood related siblings ) , Amagami SS ( ...Ehh...'Tis most unusual. We have licking for a change for Fan Service ) , Strike Witches 2 ( You should already know what this Anime have ) , Highschool of the Dead ( Features more round and soft cushions than bloodthirsty zombies , undoubtedly , the viewers died of nosebleeding and the Anime had lived up to it's name ) , Hyakku Ryouran Samurai Girls ( Unusual artwork AND censorship system )

Yosuga no Sora ( This is at the verge of being H ) , Sora no Otoshimono : Forte ( Seems like they have "upgraded" it's content ) , Motto to Love-Ru ( A single guy stuck in a Harem he never really asked for...typical ) ...and I guess I probably haven't touched the rest if I missed any.
Oh ... I nearly forgot about Shin Koihime ( The ancient warriors and kings of China will be flippin' in their graves if they had known what those developers had done to them ) and Ikkitousen.

Eh , truth be told , I find it kinda...distasteful.
Well , Amagami was pretty good...well , the artwork and heroines are anyway and I can't say much about several of 'em since I didn't really bothered to watch them right down to the last episode.... But it does seem that there are a lot of Ecchi stuff last year...
Not sure about you guys , personally , I feel that Ecchi isn't meant to be the primary content , regardless of the Anime.

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

dai maou I actually discontinued because of all the fan service. I mean the main guy was hawt but I fell out mid series /swt the fan service thing isn't new though they've been pushing that in the more recent years and such. fan service is only meant to be that extra umf to the series and I agree that it shouldn't be the WHOLE series and stuff.

meh sig banners are overrated

High school of the Dead. Fanservice are targeted for the dudes, but what about /female/ fanservice? Where's /our/ eye candy? We don't get it as much animated-style =/... No fair, animators, give us some bishies to look at.

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

yea they really don't accommodate for the women at all, and there's a ton 'a female fans these days too. Maybe they assume that all the girls like BL so they have a guy on top of another like how suzaku was on top of lelouch in that one scene and thats like "our" fan service. <,< we STILL don't get enough eye candy as the guys do and thats even wit that little bit.

meh sig banners are overrated

Inorite. I mean, what's there against making the hero in say, a harem anime hawt? With some hot male side characters? I know some anime strictly are made in terms of "an average dude like you gets shoved into a world with totally hawt babes" type of deal, but I think there are plenty of those already. As a producer and a director, you'd want an expansive audience that targets both sexes, an anime that encompasses the best of both worlds. All this is equivalent to more profit, more satisfaction, and more /fans!/ AIM HIGH, PEOPLE.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

they'll always have these and truth be told changes are coming here's a link that discusses these things further, I have posted two links http://forum.minitokyo.net/t69846 there is a ban on key aspects in anime and it seems this could be why. changing the age that can buy it doesn't really help matters. but there will always be a demand for this stuff, either underground sort of thing. I'm not really into this sort of stuff but I know of so many that are in it :( I find it boring on either end, I prefer other genre and I can't help that, but that's the point to diversity in enjoying anime and fans :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Well , I suppose the closest thing we'd ever get for female fan service is Kaichou wa Maid-Sama! , then again , you can hardly call that fan service XD
Anyways , I know about the ban ( So I guess that's why the Winter Anime Listing of last year wasn't released =.= ) but banning School Anime is...kinda overdoing it :X
I mean , it's like using a chopper to kill an ant or something.

kyosuke2

kyosuke2

Lazy People Gather All The World

hmm, fan service will always exist...

but looks, the best selling mangas ever are not actually ecchi.. Meintantei Conan and Naruto seldom has ecchi-ness, but stil be the best selling..

I know everyone is lazy, but none would admit it. Needs big bravery to admit I am lazy, yet I would do it. Let's start a campaign of laziness, let's everyone just sleep enough everyday, without any moron jobs. Hell yeah, sleep is da best. It's lazy democracy, from lazy people, for lazy people, by lazy people, ya know!!!

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Well , the best of Anime and Manga tends not to hold ( much ) Ecchi elements.
...Though I'm not really a fan of stories that takes forever to end like Naruto.
Anyways . I reckon Ecchi is just a cheap way to attract male viewers without even putting the effort in the storyline =.=

IT'S AMAZING. but it teases so much. :l

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

A-Amazing huh...
Well... Guess I have nothing to say to that :X

Yeah, those fanservice anime had been stacked up in 2010. I wonder why Amagami and HOTD is so popular meanwhile all I could see is just eyecandies, or moe-blob. Ah, also K-On! too. No offense, guys, I just said that it's not really satisfying as an anime (which soooo popular at the time)

And uhh... As a girl, I watched Yosuga no Sora, Ichiban Ushiro Daimaou, and Sora no Otoshimono, and... Um... You know, kinda disgusted and all...

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Well , I'm not really too much of a fan into K-ON! as well , I really liked it for the first half of the first season but it kinda....died down after that :X
Anyways , quite a bit of the Anime in 2010 is a bit.... Mmm... Over the edge if I have to say so myself.

gabrielkx

gabrielkx

The shadow

Yep, there so animes whit a great history, but it's only for the fan service for it work....

I've always been a fan of well placed fan service but I have to agree with the OP on this. It's seems like even the more serious animus are rowing in fan service in place of action or violence. I am not sure if is is because of rule changes in japan but gone are the days or berserk or the more violent trigun like amine.

it's a shame that animes turning out like it is but the whole date my sister is getting reallllllllllly old.

Yes I agree that the entire anime should be based off of ecchi content

alot of anime use fan service to draw people into watching or more importantly for them to buy them but not just the dvds there are a array of merchandise which would be classed as fan service although it isn't just that but its good to put into the as long as you dont go too overboard wich have had a few animes that have gone overboard

but overall im happy with most of the new shows released this season (MOST! lol aside from "Kore wa Zombie Desu ka" with the creepy cross dressing fanservice as one example still a funny show tho >.<)

Weskalia

Weskalia

Half robotic cat half desbear

You know, I don't know WTH is going on with anime nowaday, not only fanservice anime but many more, they're just focused on the nice-looking outside, while the inside is completely lifeless. Siriusly, they've put too many ecchi that the plot became typical and outdated (even retarded).

I'm believing you and I can do anything. We can change the world.
Hey, sky's the limit, we can spread wings. Through roadless travel, together we go!
Signature

Yes, there is quite a bit of ecchi and fan-service, but at least not all of it makes an anime bad.

It all depends on how it's delivered and portrayed. High School of the Dead (the anime anyway) did a HORRID job in delivering and potraying it as it ruined various moments (action or otherwise).

However, some of the others are, thankfully, more balanced out by good story, good characters, and/or other things so the ecchi/fan-service isn't the ONLY thing you remember.

Though, to be fair to Yosuga no Sora, that IS based on an actual H-game...so being close to H as it was is no surprise and it really wouldn't fit any other way.

I think there was a lot of these on 2010 but you have to keep in mind this is one of the things people like nowdays so...

?

Kazuki-Shikimori

MT-U Anime & Manga Consultant

There wasnt just too many ecchi..thats all there was in 2010 lol.dont get me wrong a couple were pretty decent but some were just ridiculous. Yosuga no Sora was hentai if you ask me and most of the others were way to excessive. I'm all for bishoujo and a bit of ecchi...but for there to be soo many ecchi in one year is just too much

Highschool of the Dead is a big fail, too ecchi for an Gore Anime.

Nessbad94

Nessbad94

inspire and be inspired

During past years, the quality of anime is lowed, 'cause the ecchi were here and there; and in this year, too. (but if it is in the 'right place&anime', that's fine') I don't think that we should judge it - it's the same genre as others, and lots of people adore it. (though I'm not fan of it;*but sometimes I like to make wall with some cute&sexy girls*but let's talk honestly)

Signature
	Image :.Support:. |angelanddemon-uraboku|s20-signaturestudio

JackoSlacko

JackoSlacko

Queen Cid's "LAZYJESTER"

Quote by kyosuke2hmm, fan service will always exist...

but looks, the best selling mangas ever are not actually ecchi.. Meintantei Conan and Naruto seldom has ecchi-ness, but stil be the best selling..

Thats cuz they are both long running series and most manga/anime that are ecchi don't tend to last that long

Fanservice is definitely a plus but sometimes it is too much

BUT HEY IT WORKS!

But the Hayate's "Britney" Fanservice in one of the episode was definitely........

Signature
The Internet, Where the Men are Men, The Women are men and the Children are the FBI

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.