Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Pray for the victims of the quake - Minitokyo

Pray for the victims of the quake

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 62 total items

MANDy

MANDy

So...hot...

Tsunami hit Indonesia twice......I do know the pain too......it surely not nice, so sad, so many people die......

I do not fear death, but I do fear of losing sight on what I believe in.
hetalia-axis-powers

Videled

Videled

Er..

Disaster is not done, earthquakes are continuing : as of now, 234 earthquakes happened.
Link : http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/140_40.php

oh no. heard tat Japan is hit by another crisis. a nuclear plant exploded n high risk of radiation leak. here's the link : http://sg.news.yahoo.com/daybreak-reveals-huge-devastation-tsunami-hit-japan-20110311-141021-307.html
one after another. I hope the people there are safe though thousands already lost their lives but still...I can oni pray n hope for the better

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Taken from Facebook:

http://dump.justvis.nl/prayforjapan.jpg

My thoughts are with the people of Japan. Heck, they've always been in Japan, even before this awfull quake and tsunami had hit.

symphonyofthewind

symphonyofthewind

Anything can happen

Your pic is really impressive XD
wish u luck

the world is like a mirror, if we face it smillin' , it smiles right back ^^Signature Image

Weskalia

Weskalia

Half robotic cat half desbear

I don't know if anyone has heard of this but there's a disgusting trend created by a large community of douchebags telling Japan to die and they deserve it. WTH, we're all human beings, and those bastards make everyone sick by saying those craps.

I'm believing you and I can do anything. We can change the world.
Hey, sky's the limit, we can spread wings. Through roadless travel, together we go!
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

wes there have been haters towards the japanese people for a long while now. a lot of them come from those against the people of japan that whale and kill dolphins. others just hate them because they are doing better than them, or haters because their parents hated them and they are too lazy to pull from the shirt tale hate. regardless of the reasons for why people hate, it's best to just report them if you find them, facebook and mt will greatly take care of the haters, either site has yet to fail me in when I report something of that effect. outside of these sites or other sites, the world perhaps, ignore them and pray for them? at any rate I am hearing about the hater words and it's their karma they must face, hating them for it, will only harm our karma. hope they find peace within themselves and focus more on finding those that don't hate and surround yourself with those. strength in numbers can go both ways.

I can't bring myself to turn on the news today, I was just too depressed, upset and sickened at my stomach, I forced myself to eat yesterday, I can do nothing but offer my prayers and hopes to those that can rush to japan's cries for help that it is so done. I have no passport but if I did, I would have boarded a plane yesterday when I first heard of this horrible tragedy.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I have faith in the resilience and strength of the Japanese people and I have been praying for their great Nation. I have friends there and don't yet know how they all are. The ordeal being suffered through is impossible to fully rationalize and those preaching hate toward the Japanese people exhibit a behavior that is unconscionable.

T_T so unfortunate
pray for all the people who lost something with this

PRAY FOR JAPAN!

otemoto-dansei-ningen

otemoto-dansei-ningen

your friendly Script Kittie

Quote by RyzellPRAY FOR JAPAN!

Spoiler (show)

of course my dreams would be turned into rubble

....as well as the countries that could be swept by the tsunamis.

I'm having an optimistic feeling that Japan would make it regardless of the quake's strength -- considering that Japan had many quakes and tsunamis in the past.

I desperately need 50 megabytes of signature content right here, though I can only make less than 200 bytes of it.

DSHikaru

DSHikaru

countdown!

*praying for japan..

i'm extremely sorry to hear that...
i will pray for japan...
hope they will recovery soon...

Pray for Japan.
hope everyone can get over the sadness

glad someone made this thread

symphonyofthewind

symphonyofthewind

Anything can happen

Gucci, im here ^^

the world is like a mirror, if we face it smillin' , it smiles right back ^^Signature Image

My deepest condolence to the victims and people of Japan. I hope they will recover soon. It's a very terrible disaster...
Let's pray and hope for Japan...

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

I live in a country that's generally safe from the impact of both the earthquake and the Tsunami , but hell... Japan's being hitted pretty hard by the disaster....
An 8.9 magnitude earthquake is not a geographical joke.... not to mention the domino effect of the destructive force of the disaster.
Even if I'm an atheist , I would still pray , hope and wish for the people of Japan to stay strong in their will , stay safe as in their body and stay firm in their minds.
As for the deceased victims... May their souls find peace , their memories never be forgotten , their presence made known and may the survivors find the courage to stand up once more to rebuild the ruins , ruins which was built by the destructive and unfair force of nature that took their everyday lives from them.
May such sufferings not repeat itself , may the wounds and tears heal over time and may Japan stand up to it's feet once more.

Living in Singapore, I am really blessed as i do not have to face any natural disasters. I do not exactly know how the victims are feeling, but i am sure that the trauma and sufferings they are going through are far worse than what we can ever imagine! I really pray hard that all the Japanese will stay strong and not be traumatize by the whole event! Furthermore, i pray hard that other countries and people will help to ease the sufferings of Japan and help them to rebuild their country after these series of devastating events!

symphonyofthewind

symphonyofthewind

Anything can happen

Marie, z827, c00kies, all of you are so kind, i believe they will be ok

the natural disaster is so terrible... pray for japan

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Well it's better than moping around and giving up hope. What the hell is the point of that ?
Regardless of what happens, it is not the end of anything, people have to stay strong in the face of adversity and turmoil to continue living their lives, helping those around them and doing great things. That's the point of being on this dirtball of a planet isn't it?

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

pray for victims of the quake

symphonyofthewind

symphonyofthewind

Anything can happen

By Agence France-Presse, Updated: 19/03/2011
Disaster-hit Japan hopes to cool reactors soon
Japanese engineers fighting to cool overheating reactors laid a power line into a stricken nuclear power plant on Saturday as hundreds of thousands of quake-tsunami survivors endured desperate conditions in the frozen north.

Disaster-hit Japan hopes to cool reactors soon
Japanese engineers fighting to cool overheating reactors laid a power line into a stricken nuclear power plant on Saturday as hundreds of thousands of quake-tsunami survivors endured desperate conditions in the frozen north.

In an updated toll, national police said at least 18,000 were dead or missing in Japan's worst natural disaster in 88 years. Just under 7,200 were confirmed killed, lost to the tsunami or interred in the wreckage of buildings.

Amid the sea of carnage on Japan's northeast coast, one tiny drop of good news seemed to have emerged with the military announcing the rescue of a young man who it said had survived after eight days trapped in his mangled house.

But a spokesman for the Self-Defense Forces later clarified that the man in his 20s was in fact a disaster evacuee who had returned to his house.

Half a million homeless people are struggling to stay warm in freezing temperatures and with scant supplies of food and fuel, after the tsunami reduced whole towns and villages to splintered matchwood.

Further south at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, crews were locked in what the UN's atomic watchdog said was a "race against time" to cool overheating reactors and prevent radiation spewing into the atmosphere.

After an epic week-long tussle to tame the ageing facility, where the tsunami knocked out all-important backup generators, the crews were expecting Saturday to restore electricity to four of its six reactors, officials said.

The nuclear safety agency said workers had got a power line into the plant after the 9.0-magnitude earthquake -- the biggest in Japan's recorded history -- felled electricity pylons in the area.

With power back up, the radiation-suited Fukushima engineers hope they can get vital cooling systems online. In the meantime, they have been dumping water by hose and by air on the reactors to avert a feared meltdown.

Analysis: Next few days vital in Japan's nuclear crisis

But given the extent of damage at the plant, it was not yet clear whether the cooling system would work properly even if power is restored.

The lack of power has sent the temperatures of fuel rods -- both in the reactors and in separate containment pools -- soaring as fast-evaporating coolant water leaves them exposed to the air.

The natural disaster on March 11 led to a series of hydrogen explosions and fires at buildings housing the reactor units, stoking anxiety among governments and the public worldwide and contributing to turmoil on financial markets.

But in a televised address Friday evening, Prime Minister Naoto Kan promised the traumatised nation: "We will overcome this tragedy and recover... We will once more rebuild Japan."

Related article: Medical crisis in Japan's evacuation shelters

Recalling Japan's recovery from the ashes of World War II, Kan promised "firm control" of the disaster and said: "We are in a situation in which this crisis is truly testing us as a people."

Japan and its G7 economic allies on Friday intervened jointly in world currency markets for the first time in a decade to calm the turmoil, pushing down the yen as intended and helping to lift battered Tokyo shares.

Japan's nuclear agency has hiked the Fukushima accident level to five from four on an international scale measuring up to seven, an admission the crisis now at least equals the 1979 Three Mile Island accident in Pennsylvania.

Japanese and foreign experts are stressing that there is only a very low risk of radiation contamination beyond a 20-kilometre exclusion zone, and say the accident does not compare to the Chernobyl disaster in 1986. Scene: Nuclear fears compound misery of survivors

However, fears of radiation hold a terrifying grip in the only country to have suffered a nuclear attack, when US atom bombs in 1945 finally brought Japan to surrender in World War II.

The threat of a nuclear disaster carries a particular resonance for Ayako Ito, who at 84 is old enough to recall the dropping of the US bombs on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

"The most difficult part is that you cant see it but people can just disappear like that," she told AFP at her hillside home in Kamaishi, one of the towns that bore the full force of the towering 10-metre (33-foot) tsunami.

"We're already not eating or drinking, and now this is happening to us? It's very difficult," she said.

A major international relief operation is under way for the homeless and millions left without water, electricity, fuel or enough food in Japan's northeast.

Related article:Tsunami takes grim toll on Japan's elderly

But thick snow has covered the wreckage littering obliterated towns and villages, all but extinguishing hopes of finding anyone else alive in the debris and deepening danger and misery for survivors.

The absence of electricity in the affected areas means little access to television news and newspapers are very hard to come by. So news about the nuclear crisis is often turning into exaggerated and alarming rumour.

Many nations have shifted embassies out of Tokyo, and the mood grew jittery far afield from Japan, with panic-buying of iodine pills in the United States and Asian airports scanning passengers from Japan for radiation contamination.

The vast capital's usually teeming streets have been quiet, although some residents headed to work as usual. The city's neon glare is dimmed at night, in line with a power-saving drive forced by shutdowns at other atomic plants.

A moment of silence was observed at 2:46 pm on Friday, exactly one week after the earthquake struck.

Related article:Veteran rescuers stunned by Japan damage

At one emergency shelter in the town of Yamada, in ravaged Iwate prefecture, hundreds of elderly survivors quietly stood and bowed their heads. Many of them wore face masks and overcoats. Some wiped away tears.

The confirmed dead from the disaster makes it Japan's worst natural catastrophe since the 1923 Great Kanto Earthquake, which killed over 142,000 people in the Tokyo region.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 62 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.