Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need help for my first wallpaper - Minitokyo

Need help for my first wallpaper

Tagged under Mamotte Shugogetten

page 1 of 1 5 total items

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/finalrishu5v6jz8lyrg2.jpg

I would be happy for critics and ideas for making the picture better ;)

~ Alles ist eine Sache der Einstellung ~
♥ ♥ ♥ Strawberry milk, Chocolate and Tofu ♥ ♥ ♥

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

uhm.. please edit your post and just place the link instead of the whole thumbnail picture.

Oksince I saw thepicture already, here's my 2 cents.
No ghosting please. Minitokyo discourages the use of ghosting effects so you might want to remove the bigger character image. The reason for that is because it will looked low in quality and also lacks effort in creating the background.

What did you use in drawing this wallpaper? I don't want to be harsh in commenting wallpapers , but I think you should look up vectoring tutorials to fix the whole character. That's the only thing I can say about that.

Signature Image

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

The ghost-effect (a small image with a large version of it as BG) is quite very common. MT is strict on that since the larger image is usually the one with low quality and blocks the effort of making a steady BG.

I don't want to sound mean.... While I do find the drawing cute, I have to say that you have to completely remake the drawing. Looking at the larger image, I can be sure that you scanned your drawing, extracted the character and colored it in your image-editor program. Like srsn said, you should look for vectoring tutorials to make a better line art and have a much better coloring.

Hope I helped! ^^

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

I remember starting off like this too, minus the ghosting.. wow... I can't let this slip, I have to help.

Okay, as cute as your character is, it would be good if you recoloured it to be cleaner. It looks a bit too untidy at the moment.
It also looks like you've been using some filters in an attempt to make it look watercolour-ish. I don't want to be harsh, but please don't. ^_^;
Also, did you set the layer for the lineart to overlay or something? It looks so to me.

It looks to me that you have Photoshop from the filtering and layer effects. And that you were using the standard brushes. OK, standard brushes are good, no prob. Try looking for colouring tutorials using Photoshop! You will learn the wonders of slight smudge, changing brushes to less than 100% when shading and others beside. I recommend looking around Deviantart and also the tutorials at paint-o-rama! Why am I promoting a group that I'm not in T_T (Strike that, I just joined ^^)

Fix the character colouring, and maybe the lineart too, and then come back with a non-ghosting wall, and I'm sure some of us will be here to help you out on your wall. :)
And yes, please don't post the whole wall image directly. Use a thumbnail or a link. :)

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Thumbnail/Link is preferred, so I have to agree with the above posts.

As for your wally, I think it's cute but... it's too simple :) if you take away the ghosting and filters you're left with just a girl standing there. So what I'd do is think of a nice background to put her in. Maybe have a forest behind her or some hills, something nice. I think that will add a little depth or meaning to the overall wally and make it seem like you put some thought into it.

Good luck, I hope it turns out good >.<

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.