Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Notifications on Updates of Group Activities - Minitokyo

Notifications on Updates of Group Activities

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Well , I'm just thinking whether it's possible to add the Notification System like the one you get from Forums and intigrate it into the Group Guestbook page as well.

For one , it'll probably somewhat help in reviving the ever dying groups in this webpage... since I really doubt a majority of the people would bother checking into the groups to see whether they got a reply and stuff like that.

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

you mean doing something like "group notifications" or something?
or recieve notifications from the groups when somebody posts smth new?
that would be really helpfull...if they do that,the groups will live again...

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I don't really have anything against this idea. I mean I check my groups daily, but I don't know what others do. and it would give people a chance to bring the groups back or at least return to them. there is the mass notification when an admin creates a post for said group, I don't know if it would drag down the servers any if there was an notification put into place for said groups that we're a member of when someone posts.

yet if it's an active group that could mean we have a lot more notifications when we log in as well, which could have a lot of people frown upon this. but there again there could be the feature to add to notification config that we can have that feature turned off then we're back to square one again :/

it's still a good idea though, I have all my notifications turned on so let's see what admin think of it :)

p.s. dead groups are dead, I don't even think this could make them come back alive :( but it's worth a shot though

BuBbLeS!

Signature

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Not really , I've seen some revival efforts on other sites that consists of several dead groups and they are doing pretty well right now.
Anyways , same thoughts here , nothing we can do about it until the admins kick in.

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

i hope admins are looking over this convertation...or else it is kinda taking place in vain...

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

I've added notifications for group guestbooks. When someone posts in a group guestbook, the group staff and all the people that recently posted in it will get a note.

z827

z827

UnholyDarknessZ

Oh , thanks a lot :D
Hopefully this would aid in the activity of the groups though =.=

Ak1r0

Ak1r0

a xenomorph in heart

nice...that is helpfull for sure...

Signature

whoever wins...we lose.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

now when we go to kick start the groups again (minus the merging probably or will that work too?) there will be some sending. but if it's only the active members and it's been dead for months does this still work out? thanks for the new notification system sheq :D once again another great addition to the site

merged: 04-15-2011 ~ 08:59pm
umm I can't seem to get this feature to activate on the notification page? is this a bug report? also taken notice of the situation of the gap with the top of the post before the actual poster begins, could this be related? not even a day and I was already enjoying this new notification, hope it's fixed soon :/

BuBbLeS!

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Feature has been added, so thread can be closed.

@angel: Yes, create a bug report if you having a problem. Thanks! ^_^

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.