Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 need advices about a wallpaper - Minitokyo

need advices about a wallpaper

page 1 of 1 14 total items

hi again! :)
yesterday I submit one wallpaper but it was deleted, so I remade the wallpaper and I wanted some advices/suggestions about the 2 version that I made.

Before (1920x1200)

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5499/wall1h.th.jpg

After (1920x1200)

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9705/wall11.th.jpg

I need to remake this wallpaper, or the 2 version its good to submit?
Thanks!

Aoki Kotomi Fan <3

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I don't know what the reason for deletion was, but I'm guessing it was the low quality of the image, especially when it comes to lines because they look very jagged in most places. I see you made most of them look better in the second revision but some of them still stand out. Have you considered vectoring the image? Or finding a better quality one? Though, that may seem hard if you used a manga panel/image to create the wall.

Right now it does look a bit better but it also looks a bit....plain. Maybe some colors would refresh the image? I'd also suggest to flip the image since most users have their icons on the left side and the girl IS the main focus of the wall. Also, it would be better if you vectored the image, too. And definitely add some colors to spice it up a bit.

Just my two cents. Keep it up!

Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Ah, I think the reason the wall might have been deleted is because 1) The lines are a little pixel-ated and not smooth, and 2)It looks similar to a cropped part of a scan.

Maybe you could provide a link to the scan you used, so we can compare? :)

It looks like you vectored some of the background in version 2. :) I think some shading would help make this wall more..dynamic.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

I think you should definitely vector the whole image, it's not a complicated design and I think you can do it, just invest some time in it. Right now the quality of the wall is really low. I also think some colors would bring it to life, but if you like it more monochrome at least add some grays to it, maybe some patterns too.

Good luck.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

I remade the lines that were broken and I put the girl on the right side, just like alenas suggest. ;)
I just wanna show you how far I did, this is not a finish wallpaper.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/92/wall12a.th.jpg

and the scan I used is this: here

Aoki Kotomi Fan <3

trofikabinet

trofikabinet

NOT a douche canoe

The idea of the wall is really nice but there's still room for improvement.
First, I'd suggest that you vector the whole thing, it's gonna be cleaner and you can always add your personal tweak in it.
If you don't know how to vector, there are lots of good tutorials on deviantART, depends what software you use for making walls but I assume you're using Photoshop.
Just a few links in case you wanna check out: Vector Tutorial, Tut v2 and for more advanced vectoring I suggest Nysha's tutorials.
I don't really understand what she's leaning on, is it a jukebox? If so, it'd be nice to see more details so we can really tell what it's supposed to be.
The monochrome idea is good but right now is too monochrome. It would look better if you add some shades of gray as well, might include a single color too :D
I hope any of this helps, I'm looking forward too see from you!

You and I...we're not real. We never were.

trofikabinet: thanks! i'll check those tutorials. ;)
yes it's a jukebox, and the software that i use its photofiltre. ^^'

Aoki Kotomi Fan <3

josephine12cute

josephine12cute

hot and fresh out the kitchen

I like this new revision you have so far.... Although I would also suggest that you vector the image. Also, the color scheme is too monochrome. The lines tend to stand out more than the girl so I suggest that you add some greys. I think that adding color is much better because the girl looks funky.

About the thick black lines that stand out too much. i think you should make those thick lines similar to the details of the first think black line.See its details. It may be monochrome but it doesn't steal the focus and is a good complement for the main image.

That is all I can give for now. Let us know when you made a new revision. :))

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I have to agree with the others, you could try adding something to that "empty space" there so the lines won't look so bold. as it is right now, it's too shiny and stands out in all the wrong places. some have been known to experiment with but one color at one spot in vectors such as these. but that might not help that void spot you got going there. my opinion all the same. hope not to sound rude, it is, after all, your piece

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Ah, it looks a bit better now but regarding character placement, it would be better to implement the 'rule of the thirds' or to move the character a bit to the middle of the wall; she's too far to the right and the first thing eye focuses on is the blank space in the middle.

Some lines still look a bit jagged like her hair and arm; it would be good if you vectored everything. And yeah, if you want to keep it black and white, add some shades of gray to spice things up a bit. Or you can go monochrome and add just one color in adequate places (her eyes, parts of clothing etc). The left side looks too empty so you might want to fill it up with something...maybe some catchy text or brushes/textures... Keep it up! :)

Signature

Ah, for an unfinished wally it definately looks good! :D Don't be shy to post the updates of it here in the sandbox so we can see how you're doing ^-^ Looks good so far, and asides from vectoring it, I can't think of anything in particular that's wrong with it :D Just have fun with it!

just finish my first vector that I made in photoshop (i started with a simple image).
I read some tutorials and see some videos on youtube.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4237/unled12copy.th.png

i know it looks simple (i don

Aoki Kotomi Fan <3

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

It\s pretty good for a first thing.
All you have to do it make smoother lines. You can bend your lines by pressing ctrl.

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

tina18: i'll do that. ;)

Aoki Kotomi Fan <3

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.