Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Nightmares, and Recurring Nightmares - Minitokyo

Nightmares, and Recurring Nightmares

How often do you have and remember nightmares?

All the time, I can't seem to escape them.
2 votes
Often, but not to the point where it's overwhelming.
3 votes
Occasionally, usually after a scary movie or something.
1 votes
Rarely; I might have them more often, but don't recall them.
3 votes
Never, I always have good dreams.
0 votes
I never dream.
1 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

Since I was six years old, I've mainly had nightmares- rarely any decent dreams. It's effected me negatively over the years, but recently I've taken to writing down my dreams right after I have them. Some of mine include founding out a friend of mine had committed murder, and hid the bodies in their apartment where I had been living with them, at the time. After living in terror for weeks at the notion that police might pin the blame on me, I helped to dispose of the bodies- but remained paranoid for the rest of my life.

Another involved the moon suddenly breaking apart and disappearing from the sky- seconds after, I heard millions of screams of agony (and I've had this dream twice). I usually remember my dreams, and they are often in vivid color- and I've also had many, many recurring nightmares as well, or sometimes, I'll have a dream where I'll remember the setting from another dream, but the circumstances are different. Since nightmares are an important part of my life, I've begun wondering about other people's nightmares as well.

Discuss: What are some of the nightmares or recurring nightmares that some of you have had?

Do you also have dreams where the setting is the same, but the things happening in the setting are different than the initial dream?

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

MoonSpike

MoonSpike

Inside the Darkness

yea, my nightmares started since my mom died. It's close to two per week. I remember of just a few, like when I was walking in the street when a circle of fire appeared and horrible creatures started appearing from out of the circle, killing the people around the strangest way you can imagine.
They say that's dangerous to health some kind of nightmares, you can even become unconscious.

Suicide is just an easy way of telling everyone that loves you, you hate them.

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

I have nightmares that portray my fears. I'm afraid of seeing my dog hurt, in pain, so my nightmares consist of him getting beaten, suffering, or worse killed. Luckily they don't happen often.

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

my nightmares are turned into written down novels and short stories, but have you tried getting a book which depicts about dreams and their meanings, trust me you might want to think about it, all dreams have meaning, most times it's when our mind is most open to receive messages. (I can't mention my dreams due to the fact of releasing things which I could have stolen, after all they are my works) but sometimes nightmares have the most meaning in the waking time we spend, to explain the chaos which is trapped within our mind and plagues us.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Edit: oh God, huge wall of text below D:

I used to have nightmares almost every night until a few years ago. I don't know why they stopped, but I miss having them, since I woke up refreshed from them and liked to "weave" them together in order to remember them (kind of like creating stories). As for the topics, I've never had "normal" nightmares, all had to do with the supernatural: zombies, vampires, zombie vampires (I'm not joking), zombie skeletons, even zombie worms. This is all because I watched Night of the Living Dead when I was 5 years younger than the little notice at the beginning said was the recommended age. However, this has also had a positive effect on me, as I became a horror movie buff! Oh, and I've also dreamed of drowning, being boiled to death, being shot in the head, flying, swimming, killing others etc.
Writing them down is a good way to not forget them, but I tried it once and gave up because it took away from the emotional impact of said dreams.

One dream I remember was with me and two random girls in a town (my mind usually creates entire worlds, in high visual detail), during daytime - bright, happy colors, peaceful atmosphere and all that. I was trying to get them to hurry up in order to escape from a Sadako (The Ring)-type girl (they didn't know about her and just kept talking and laughing normally). When we got onto a bus and drove away, I had the sensation of being in a loop (I think I realized it on another level of consciousness, I was in the bus and at the same time "outside" it, a distant observer). So I broke a window and exited the loop - the getting on the bus and driving away sequence had been repeating itself up to that point, even though each time it ended it was like the memory of it was erased. I think the other girls disappeared or went away, but I was feeling really good (mentally) and very tired (physically), so I leaned against a pole with a big black garbage bag leaned against it. And just a few centimeters away from touching the garbage bag, I knew it was actually that girl and that she had found me, even though I thought I had escaped her. At this point I woke up (in real life) like I'd never woken up in my entire life: my eyes just shot open to the maximum, I was half conscious of the bed below me and my body was practically rigor mortis rigid. Then I came to and relaxed and went back to sleep (the dream didn't continue).
It's weird because I'm not scared of ghosts, zombies are what usually get me and this girl wasn't one ^^" Who wants to get a kick out of analyzing this? 8d

I don't think I've had recurring settings, but during some dreams I've had a very strong sensation of deja vu, like I had dreamed them before. Most settings in dreams are city limits, though I once had an awesome (from my POV) dream where the sky was covered with thick, gray clouds and I was walking on a highway with other highways above and below it (never intersecting, though), bending in round corners - kind of like the race track sets of toy cars. There was thick mist everywhere and, when it began raining lightly, I felt very powerful, as if I could control the storm itself and destroy all the highways with just a swish of my hand, if I wanted to.

angelxxuan is right, I've been wanting to get a hold of a dream interpreting book. Though make sure to stay away from the bogus "magic dreams" ones, stuff like "if you dream of X, someone will get hurt/married/dead.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

I have nightmares pretty often. =P

The one recurring theme seems to be school and losing friends. What sucks is that not only are the dreams bad but they last soooo frickin' long. I eventually kinda realize its a dream, its not a lucid dream though at all, but the 'realiziation' just gives me the sense of being trapped within the badness. Truly not nice. =S

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

I haven't had any recurring nightmares lately, though I have had some in the past.

When I was a small child, I had the exact same nightmare concerning my sister for four nights in a row. She would get her leg slammed in a car door, start growing scales, and then was kidnapped by some villian. I then would have to team up with Shaggy and Scooby Doo to infiltrate the villian's booby-trapped castle to save her, but I don't recall ever actually saving her in the dream. I know it sounds silly with the Scooby doo characters, but when I was four or five this was terrifying and I'd be afraid each morning that my sister wasn't ok.

Other than that, most of my nightmares involve me not being able to save my family but somehow surviving myself and being alone.It's odd, but my nighmares tend to be much more lucid than my dreams.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

The most terrifying dream I had in my teens was when I was given shots by my ma' and got paralyzed.
Terrifyingly, I had a sleep paralysis during my dream and couldnt move or open my eyes. My legs were twitching, and I woke up with a racing heart. Also had dreams of drowning, flying, and running at dead ends after seeing something disturbing in my dream.

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.