Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what is your current OS and what do you think of it - Minitokyo

what is your current OS and what do you think of it

what OS would you prefurr

windows 7
17 votes
windows vista
1 votes
windows XP
10 votes
other windows
0 votes
linnix, unix, knoppix, etc.
2 votes
mac OS, iOS
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

Quote by Hiroyuki-singXP but now since my computer got fried but my drive was fine I dual booted a Mac and my XP and used that Mac as the slave drive.

that sounds like a good idea its the best of both worlds ^-^

maybe triple booting with windows, linnux, and mac OS X would be the very best of all worlds of corse they have to be all 64 bit thats the most stable or thats what ive herd

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

I could't find any decent articles to quote about 32 v 4 bit OS's but off the top of my head the main difference is 32 bit installations have a limited amount of ram they can use. On Windows if you have more than 4gb of ram and a 32 bit os go to control panel --> system you'll see total ram, and usable ram are different.

The reason for this is 32 bit OS's can any process 32 bits in parallel so it is limited to 2^32 (4GBish) of memory locations i.e. ram. 64 bit OS's can access a hell of a lot more 2^64 (18 billion GB?) As much ram as you can afford then heh ^_^;

Microsoft also claim that 64 bit versions of Windows are more secure against malware since alot of malware is specificly written to exploit 32 bit machines and wont run at all on 64 bit. I wish I'd known about all this last time I was buying a windows computer. I would have gone for 64 no questions ^_^; That was another thing that pushed me towards Linux - upgrading to a 64 bit Linux S is free compared to another

If Vista wasn't delay for so long, no one will give a second thought on XP.
If Vista didn't came with crappy hardware, Windows 7 will never exist.
If MS has been on schedule, as their new release OS is every 2-3 years, we all should already be at Windows 8.

As for 64bit, ram limit is the main focus as 32bit is limited to 4gb.
But not all 64bit OS supports the same amount as Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit can only go up to 16gb.
Win7 Pro, Ent, and Ultimate maxes out at 192gb. Most current Intel Sandy Bridge boards supports up to 32gb and if you want to
max out, you will need to start with Win7 Pro.
Another is the support for UEFI since you are required to have a 64bit Windows , a UEFI supported board
to boot from a large HDD. Large as in any size beyond 2.1TB

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

thats very true but if buying windows since all new computers now are 64 bit ready why go with 32 bit 64 bit windows vista and 7 are the most stable out of the whole lot of them and home premium is limited to that amount of ram due to most motherboards it will be installed on most likely wont have that amount of ram installed most gamers would have ultimate installed mainly because it is the most stable of them all since the others are stripped down versions of it

i personally run windows 7 ultimate x64 because its stable and it runs what ever i want it to run

??????
Signature

Nessbad94

Nessbad94

inspire and be inspired

My current os is Win 7 enterprise , my system is x32 on my laptop. But I have Win XP on my 1st comp)))
As for me, win 7 is quite good, I haven't seen any bugs; but sometimes I think, it's too "gentle" when it's about some non-official and pirate programs or some sites.
But in anyway, I think that Win Xp will be popular for a long time, because it's cheaper, and there are no many programs for win 7,but for xp. I think this os is for such 'just' users and it has lots of common with Mac OS.
As for the Vista - it was pain in the a$$ when I had it before. So I hate it^^

Signature
	Image :.Support:. |angelanddemon-uraboku|s20-signaturestudio

andy4andain

andy4andain

SilentForce

Quote by Nessbad94
As for the Vista - it was pain in the a$$ when I had it before. So I hate it^^

I agree here! xD

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate x86(32bit) xD
About this I can say that I have to install a lot of patches to run a game like GTA SA xD But W7 has its beauty anyways(the Desktop Backround that you can make a slideshow without having you to switch it,but of course it has this option too, and the taskbar's colors,and many others...)
I prefer Windows XP instead of W7 because it's more reliable, and the reason why I have W7 now is that for its appearance and for the new games T^T

Signature

Rin-Takara

Rin-Takara

Life's an Adventure endure it.

Quote by evelluchiathis is just a random question since microsoft will be releasing its new windows 8 next year

what is the operating system your currently using on your computers and what is it you like about it

me currently im running windows 7 and mac OSX snow leopard

mac im not the most fond of mainly because its not as easy to use as windows is

feel free to vote in the poll above as well

I totally agree with you on mac right now I have to use one because my Laptop crashed but I had windows Vista and it was pretty decent I really liked it and it was fast but now I have to buy a new computer so it will probably have the new updated version because I need it for school but I have to save up to get it!

So don't you dare blame me for, Prying open the door, That's unleashed the bitterness, That's here in the midst of this, Sometimes we live for no one but ourselves

I really like XP maybe because... i know how to fix it... xD

Hope Microsoft will not remove XP from their list...orz but... that's inevitable...

evelluchia

evelluchia

i think thats inevitable windows xp was a good OS though but microsoft pides its self with its latest and gratest not its past and out dated that is sad there were some good oses made but sadly they were left in the dust

BTW: very cute avitar ^-^

??????
Signature

Xienxa

Xienxa

Chocolate Monster

I currently have win7 home premium, and so far, I'm doing fine with it. I like how user-friendly it is.
I've tried Ubuntu before but I still choose windows over it.

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

thats interisting ive herd so many people say linnux is better but ive yet to find thati still find windows the best out of all OS's

??????
Signature

Xienxa

Xienxa

Chocolate Monster

Well, I'm not really a fan of linux but according to my brother (the one who let me try it) it's good when you just use your PC for personal things and when you're not a gamer.

Signature

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.