Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Advice for layouts --> walls? - Minitokyo

Advice for layouts --> walls?

Which to wall?

X
4 votes
Vampire Hunter D
8 votes
H2SO4
1 votes
Just do the bishies. *_*
4 votes
Don't!
0 votes
All of 'em. Hard work for you, shucks, muahaha.
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Hi guys, so I made these layouts, and I was wondering... Which of these would you like to see walled? And how? ^_^; Also, resolutions please, because I have no idea what resolutions people like x_x

Some of these I spent quite some time on, almost as long as I would to make a wall lol..

1. X
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3949/upxjigokumegami4.th.png -- original scan: Kamui and Fuuma

I extended it, I'm actually halfway through extending/painting that cloak and I've got most of the lineart out. Fuuma's hair, and that sword have been extended, albeit not perfectly yet.. This is just a smudged version lol. Just.. Any ideas on what more to do? Should I put them in the center or use the so-called Law of the Thirds? ^_^;

Programs available: SAI, GIMP -- Unfortunately, switching between them doesn't always work out as I like. :/ So the version with the extensions doesn't have the brighten colours - I'll have to redo them on SAI. The wall could do with more 'wow' factor, maybe, it's just a wall of pretty bishies now sigh.

2. Vampire Hunter D
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8062/upjigokumegamivhd1.th.png -- original scan: Volume 3 (manga) Outside Cover

I used GIMP for this.. I'll probably just take a png file over to SAI to extend it and stuff. Thing is... What do I do with that horse? ? Extending that would be a pain, especially since it's not the main focus. x_x I plan to move it more to the right, and extend the sky, maybe add evening stars and fadish golden moon or something.. I don't know. Can I just hide the horse's head outside the wall? xD

Brushes, yes or no? Scenic or abstract?

3. H2SO4
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5838/uph2s04hellokatty8.th.png -- original scan: Butterfly Nebula

Hmm, should I make this a scenic wall, or abstract? I think it could be fun to play with a bit more but Idk. Will brighten the colours some... Unless you want a dark wall. lol

Thank you for viewing and I hope I can get your feedback! >_< Pretty PLEASE?

P.S. None of these are what I planned to wall in summer. Darn. xD

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

I would say all of them, but the one I'm liking the most is Vampire Hunter D.
I already love it the way it's now, so I say to keep it abstract. But I really can't give you any tips how to wall it, you know more about it than me.
About the resolutions, my screen is 1366x768 so I prefer widescreen walls.
Hope to see your new work soon! :D

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

xNotUnderstood

xNotUnderstood

Delin the Deino

I voted for the X cause i dont see many X walls
but you should do all of, just for fun ^^

I choose to not be the monster I am meant to be. I choose to be different, and I will change my ways.

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

Hmmm... I can't take my eyes off the 1st and 2nd choice XD, but I'd really like to see how the 1st choice would look like if it's turned into a wall :D
Make sure to make one for 1280x720 screen :D that's for me :D

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

Mayuuki

Linguistics

Mayuuki

(ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

X, for sure! *__*
I just love that scan, can't wait to see it walled for you! ?
I liked a lot of the H2SO4 scan too, I would like to see it in a abstract wall, full of kawaii things! x3
About the resolution, I think that is better you make them in various resolutions, for the people don't have trouble with it. You can make it in 4:3 (1600x1200), 5:4 (1280 x 1024), 16:9 (1920 x 1080 or 2560x1440) and 16:10 (1920 x 1200 or 2560x1600), I think that they're the most popular. ^^

linguistics-teamtag-liciousvampire-knight

I vote VHD, not for the fact I'm obsessed with it right now, because I believe there's a lot you can do with it and I'm excited to see whatever result you can show. Although, I also like the X idea too, the sword extended is pretty neat ~

Stigma13

Stigma13

N.e:aR

all of them

"Sommes-nous les jouets du destin
souviens-toi des moments divins
planant,

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

Wow, thank you for all your responses *__* Seems that VHD is in the lead xD. Funny, I don't follow any of these series..

@ilufa: So VHD + Abstract for you? :3 Okay, I'm thinking of making it a bit of both scenic and abstract, will see~ And I'm 1366 x 768 too. yay for 13' laptops xD

@xNotUnderstood: X okay~ Anything symbolic in X that I could note? ^^; XD

@Aiira: Noted your opinion on msn XD - You mean me to do all, don't you? xD 1280x720 okay!

@Mayuuki: Thank yooouuu for all those resolutions. I'll try and make 'em >_< I never know which to do lol. And your idea for H2SO4, whee~ Sweet kawaii things :D I'm tempted to do rainbows again, but I already made two abstract walls with far too much colour lol. Should I fall into this trap or not? Hmmmm

@Megami: Pfft, yeah right, tell me truthfully that it's not a tiny little reason at least, your obsession. But thanks~ I wonder what I can do with it xD but I think this scan gives me more to do at least xD.

@Stigma13: Thanks for the compliment. Any ideas on what I could do? I'm actually at a bit of a loss with what to do with the 1st wall, other than extending..

Your ideas and advice are all welcomed. :3 This is the Sandbox after all :P

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Quote by aozoraskiesWow, thank you for all your responses *__* Seems that VHD is in the lead xD. Funny, I don't follow any of these series..

@ilufa: So VHD + Abstract for you? :3 Okay, I'm thinking of making it a bit of both scenic and abstract, will see~ And I'm 1366 x 768 too. yay for 13' laptops xD

@xNotUnderstood: X okay~ Anything symbolic in X that I could note? ^^; XD

@Aiira: Noted your opinion on msn XD - You mean me to do all, don't you? xD 1280x720 okay!

@Mayuuki: Thank yooouuu for all those resolutions. I'll try and make 'em >_< I never know which to do lol. And your idea for H2SO4, whee~ Sweet kawaii things :D I'm tempted to do rainbows again, but I already made two abstract walls with far too much colour lol. Should I fall into this trap or not? Hmmmm

@Megami: Pfft, yeah right, tell me truthfully that it's not a tiny little reason at least, your obsession. But thanks~ I wonder what I can do with it xD but I think this scan gives me more to do at least xD.

@Stigma13: Thanks for the compliment. Any ideas on what I could do? I'm actually at a bit of a loss with what to do with the 1st wall, other than extending..

Your ideas and advice are all welcomed. :3 This is the Sandbox after all :P

Uh.. uh.. uh.. NO, IT'S NOT THE OBSESSION AT ALL. *shakes head with guilt clearly showing*
Okay, yes I admit, maaaaaaaaaaaaybe that's the reason XDD

Stigma13

Stigma13

N.e:aR

ideas!?!?!? well i think that the bottom red on vampire hunter d wall, absorbs the image and remove the presence of D, if you i'll put another color this wall should be better.
Well the size i'ts ok so don't worry

"Sommes-nous les jouets du destin
souviens-toi des moments divins
planant,

Weskalia

Weskalia

Half robotic cat half desbear

Do the Vampire Hunter D, aozora. The wall looks bloody and deadly XD, very vampiric and the portrait blends well with its background unlike X and H2SO4, they look kinda spacious. Beside, bishi are overrated and it's time for vampire to take back their rights after twilight. Hope you will be free to make more :P.

And heck yeah, "pretty PLEASE!"

I'm believing you and I can do anything. We can change the world.
Hey, sky's the limit, we can spread wings. Through roadless travel, together we go!
Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

@Megami: Don't you deny it. :P

@Stigma13: Well, I mainly added so much red directly on to the image to hid the text... and the horse. xP But if I'm walling it, I'll be extending it properly. I just wonder how.. Hmm, a different colour? Hmm. Maybe I'll leave the red as an alternate version. I think I'll move the image down, 'cos I have little idea as to how to extend his legs etc. :P

@Weskalia: :DD Give vampires a boost up? Oh yesh. I'll move VHD up my priorities list for W-I-Ps then. :D Moar coolness. I don't want just bishies on my wall either, so I'm pondering what the heck to make the X one not just.. pretty boys. I don't want to work with all that extending, just for it to be flat and cute. :/ Spacious, yeah kinda - Means more to do too. I'll be off the next 2 days so no walling then. ....(I'mma go hang myself over my running stint of getting so close to finishing a block/mission in Persona 3/4 just to die. ddaarrrnnn should have saved, not be lazy to run back up Sob)....

aIshiRoi

aIshiRoi

lurking and stalking :D

i'm with Vampire Hunter D. do not follow any series either but the pic is stunning. :3
can't wait to see it! o(>w<)o

ShanaFlare

ShanaFlare

Mystical Crystallisation

I went for Vampire Hunter D cause it's interesting compare to the other 2 :D

Courage within the Purest Child.
Signature

Weskalia

Weskalia

Half robotic cat half desbear

Quote: @Weskalia: :DD Give vampires a boost up? Oh yesh. I'll move VHD up my priorities list for W-I-Ps then. :D Moar coolness. I don't want just bishies on my wall either, so I'm pondering what the heck to make the X one not just.. pretty boys. I don't want to work with all that extending, just for it to be flat and cute. :/ Spacious, yeah kinda - Means more to do too. I'll be off the next 2 days so no walling then. ....(I'mma go hang myself over my running stint of getting so close to finishing a block/mission in Persona 3/4 just to die. ddaarrrnnn should have saved, not be lazy to run back up Sob)....

Yeah, screw the bishi, vampires for all the way :D. Looking forward to seeing your new wall and your reply then. Shadow Wesk: Come on! Pretty PLEASE!

I'm believing you and I can do anything. We can change the world.
Hey, sky's the limit, we can spread wings. Through roadless travel, together we go!
Signature

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I'm all for VHD <3 Only advice I can give is to leave the image as is (don't reconstruct the horse) and possibly make it a bit darker and sharper - I know that's the quality of the scan, but most VHD scans are kinda blurry and it's off-putting to have them on the desktop like that >_< HD 1920 x 1080 (or at least 1360 x 768) plz? C: *bats eyelashes* And Mayuuki is right, the recommended resolutions are 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200, 1920 x 1080 and 2560 x 1600 (or 1920 x 1200); that way, everyone gets their resolution ^_~

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

I voted for X, but I also think you should make another wall with an umbrella. ;)

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

X, with the cloth surrounding them in rainbow colows like your teito wall *_________*

and i vote for 1366 x 768 heh

Signature

Quote by aozoraskies@ilufa: So VHD + Abstract for you? :3 Okay, I'm thinking of making it a bit of both scenic and abstract, will see~ And I'm 1366 x 768 too. yay for 13' laptops xD

I trust your walling skills! :D

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

I voted for the Vampire D one! It'll make one HOT wallie :) hehe

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

Mayuuki

Linguistics

Mayuuki

(ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

Quote by aozoraskies

Douitashimashite, you're most welcome. ^^
It's not so hard, you can make just one resolution and crop it. I make it with all my wallpapers, it's more easy. :D
Haha, fall into this trap for sure! I'll love it! ???

linguistics-teamtag-liciousvampire-knight

Bishies!100% And yeah, just as Mayuu said, make one resolution, the biggest, and then just crop. I do it too :"> XD

Signature

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

VHD is definitely in the lead. o-o Yuppers, so I'll make VHD the priority of these three then! All rightee guys, I'll try and work on this + moar layouts between and after my two weeks away-ish! lol they seriously should make layout-making an official submission on MT, just so that I'll feel like I'm not just doing a lot of work for nothing. xD

@aishiroi: Haven't replied you in too long. >_< VHD it is!

@ShanaF: Sorry for not making the other two interesting enough xD

@Weskalia: :B Vampires winning against bishies? Yyyyeeesss.

@Pande: Thank yyyyooouuu for the advice, I need it >_< Sharpen the quality? :o I'll try. Maybe I'll make two versions, this style and a less brush-messy one with some background extension. And yes, the horse can go kick itself. D8 lol 1920 x 1080 - noted!

@Snicker: LOL I'm sorely tempted now! Umbrellas~ *twirls an imaginary one* X will come when I have more inspiration, heh heh. I think I will do a polar opposite and DARKEN it muahaha.

@freezen: Rainbow-lover, do I spy? *__* But lol, I don't think this is the right scan for rainbowness, unfortunately. >_< I definitely want to go for your idea for another wall though. :D Maybe it'll be X too! Or at least CLAMP. Another 1366 x 768 yay~

@Ilufa: I don't though xD.

@Lunariha: Another for VHD, 'kay~

@Mayuuki: So cropping is more loved than resizing? Mmm, okay! Sounds a lot easier than I thought. This trap sure is comfy xD.

@NenrikiKaen: I'm guessing you chose the Bishies in the poll then. Hehe, all right, I'll take the advice I'm getting from all these pros. :D

------------
So, resolutions to wall ~> " 1280 x 1024, 1600 x 1200, 1920 x 1080 and 2560 x 1600 (or 1920 x 1200) " + " 1368 x 768 " + " 1280 x 720 " *Reminds self* okay!

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.