Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How does your family feel about Anime - Minitokyo

How does your family feel about Anime

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Dancerinthedark

Dancerinthedark

Queen of Darkness

What I mean is do you have any one else in your house who watches Anime too?I have,my older brother!we watch anime together^_^
but for my mom and dad there is no hopeT_____T,they hate all type of cartoons-_-
so what about you did you get them into it or did they get you?

Pass the Heart To All the Friends You care AboutSignature Image

I always loved cartoons. Disney classics were one of my favourites movies.
After, one friend showed me anime, I think it as Chobits and I loved it. I showed it to my sister and she also liked. We started to see lots of anime after that. But my younger brother always make fun of us.
About my parents... My mother also likes anime if it doesn't have much blood or fights, but my father says that anime is for kids and we should grow up (but he laugh a lot when he see The Simpsons...)

"BE DIFFERENT, BE YOURSELF
love yourself, kiss a stranger, touch the fire, look at the sunset, feel the wind, taste a tear, enjoy life..."

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

me too ! I'm a major fan of cartoons myself. I always played them so low that no one really paid any attention to what I was watching. a friend of mine introduced me to dragonball z but it was cowboy bebop that changed my idea about japanese related cartoons.

don't have contact with my brother so I really don't know what he's into, but my mom doesn't like it, she often tells me she doesn't like 2d world, but my dad would sit and watch it with me and he liked it, also when I rented/bought things he would watch those as well. my mom tends to often do other things when I was watching it anyways, there wasn't anything else on tv, even with all the channels out today, and I didn't/don't have it too loud to rattle the windows so it's used as a bonding moment and time to spend together more often than not :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Lol, my mom tolerates it to a degree (she liked Princess Mononoke when I showed it to her) but my dad thinks they're all ugly, bug-eyed creatures with ugly hair colors. XD

Signature

Well... my parents don't really know that 'animes' exist.... everything is just cartoons.
They don't show any good animes on my tv... My father watches some cartoons with me...

About animes that even have a slight fanservice... or some like death note... well I watch them alone online, telling them that i don't like being watched when I'm online ^_^"

So all they say is "Don't waste so much time on Internet >:( You're harming your eyes! Go study!"
T_T

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

Hmm, I'm pretty fortunate that I have family members who are pretty accepting of anime. In fact, it was my brother and sister who introduced me to it, so while I watch a lot of it on my own a fair bit of what I watch is with one of them. My second brother watches some, but not much, and my dad just kind of accepts that we like it. He probably realizes he likes things that are just as strange, lol. My mom will actually watch some with us on occasion, and even commented on how good looking one of the guys was. xD And both parents have bought me or my siblings anime for Christmas or something at some point or another. Although, I'm sure it helps that I don't watch things that have a lot of ecchi, yuri, or yaoi elements. That might make them unhappy, but other than that they're really cool with my siblings and I watching anime! :)

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

they think of it as a waste of time but they tolerate it seeing as i like it so much=]

whitelighter90

whitelighter90

????????

My parent don't involve my interest to anime.
They knew my passion to anime.
So, they'll tolerate it but i need to be promised that
animes are not the factor that causing me failed my study.

Legionary

Legionary

Ramen Loving

Some of my family are in to anime as much as I am (maybe more....) but others think they are dumb and poorly animated. I often hear "what? they are barely moving! It looks so cheap!" and such.

Signature
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me" - MB20

Hm...my brother started reading One Piece/Naruto, but my parents think it's stupid.

My dad is an anime fan he was into it before I got into it but he wont let me watch his lolicon dvd's. My sister on the other hand hates anime and feels its a waste of time. And my mother isn't around anymore but I'm pretty sure she was also a fan too:)

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

Hmmm... My mom kind of liking it watching anime ever since used to watch high splendid movies like 10th Anniversary Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie and even Bleach series too.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.