Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 my first vector image - Minitokyo

my first vector image

Tagged under Yosuga no Sora

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

evelluchia

evelluchia

Lu-Lu the friendship officer

i wanted to give vectoring a try because ive seen so many wonderful vectors done

this is my very first attempt at it so i know it may not be the best but please have a look and tell me what you think ^-^

plus whats a good resolution to submit it here?

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/evelluchia/soravectorimage.jpg

character is Sora from Yosuga no Sora i dont this paticuler image because it wasent the most complex to do first starting off

the original image is here

Yosuga no Sora

thanks for having a look ^-^

??????
Signature
become a member of minitokyos newest happy family HERE
join the group web site HERE

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

It's definitely not bad for your first try but I'm afraid it's too small to be accepted here. ^^; The purpose of vectors is to be as big as possible so they could be used to the maximum or in higher wallpaper resolutions.

Regarding vector itself, some of those lines look a bit odd - like you stopped in the middle and then started again and it's visible in those little 'nodes' or dots in the middle of some lines, especially in her hair and dress. You might also reconsider using shape layers instead of paths for vectoring, especially if you're vectoring living objects and things like humans. Paths are easier, yes but shape layers look more crisp and clean and don't have those ugly blunt edges which don't really look good in hair and open lines.

You're definitely on a good way so keep practicing! :3

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

Quote by alenasIt's definitely not bad for your first try but I'm afraid it's too small to be accepted here. ^^; The purpose of vectors is to be as big as possible so they could be used to the maximum or in higher wallpaper resolutions.

Regarding vector itself, some of those lines look a bit odd - like you stopped in the middle and then started again and it's visible in those little 'nodes' or dots in the middle of some lines, especially in her hair and dress. You might also reconsider using shape layers instead of paths for vectoring, especially if you're vectoring living objects and things like humans. Paths are easier, yes but shape layers look more crisp and clean and don't have those ugly blunt edges which don't really look good in hair and open lines.

You're definitely on a good way so keep practicing! :3

thanks for the information im just wondering now i used photoshop cs5 for this ware do you find the shape layers in the layers menue i dont have illistrater but thanks for the info ^-^

Quote by mbeckleyYou've done great Lucia-san. Knew you could do it. ;)

im happy with it too i figured that it would be too small though oh well

??????
Signature

Beautiful image, if you upload here in a higher resolution, I will add it to my favorites XD

This very well done for your first time :)

I congratulate you was great :D

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by evelluchia

thanks for the information im just wondering now i used photoshop cs5 for this ware do you find the shape layers in the layers menue i dont have illistrater but thanks for the info ^-^

I'm not using Illustrator, I'm using Photoshop CS2 so I assume CS5 isn't really that much different from my version.

Anyway, it's all under the 'Pen Tool' menu - when you click on Pen Tool, you will see an extra bar just below the bar with the main PS menu (File, Edit etc). It shows you the extra pen tool options. Well, right after the first thing in that bar (a pen tool logo), you will see three different cube like thingies - the second one, in the middle is the 'Paths' mode of Pen tool and 'Shape Layers' are the first one. You will also recognize that you're working with shape layers because your vector shapes will have 'vector masks' in your layers menu...

I hope I managed to explain this well, tried to make it as simple as I could. XD

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

i found it ^-^ its in the same spot at the top of the window ^-^

im still sooooo lost T-T

merged: 08-12-2011 ~ 11:20pm
i have one last question

is there a point ware it too big and whats an acceptable resolution?

??????
Signature

Troke

Troke

The Astronaut

Well done evelluchia ! Your first shot ? wow amazing !

Right now i am downloading illustrator to start learning vectors too! I think illustrator is better than PS (for vectoring),isnt it ?

Cheers!

evelluchia

evelluchia

you know i really dont know is illistrator is better or not then photoshop but thanks anyways ^-^ im wondering should i submit her not as something to be used in wallpapers but as something art wise i made?

??????
Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Quote by evelluchia
i have one last question

is there a point ware it too big and whats an acceptable resolution?

Well, I usually make it as big as the original scan I'm doing. Scans you can download here usually are pretty big (over 1000 px at least).

Signature

blitzbullet

blitzbullet

This world is meaningless

alenas pretty much covered about the dotted lines part. great start for a first try. in the future try to add more shadow and lighting layers too ;).

the point in vectoring is so you can create a large high quality image from a small scan or from a low quality scan. what i meant here, you resize that small scan to a big size (and it will get pixelled definitely) then start vectoring from there to create a HQ image. just saying that you dont need a big scan to create a big vector of it. but obviously the bigger the scan, the better and easier for the process too.

cheers

Signature

evelluchia

evelluchia

she is her original size 630 wide and 1050 down is the full image of just her

i hope that helps ^-^

i am wondering if i should submit her as something i made anyways not as something to be used in wallpapers

??????
Signature

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

In before the deletion appeal thread, I'll explain again why the vector was deleted.
As alenas mentioned in one of the first messages, the vector is simply too small, if you crop down the white space to just the character it doesn't meet the size requirement. It should be over 600,000 pixels and the character is just 296,000 pixels and as you can see, too small.

Sorry dear! Just make it bigger for your next try.

merged: 08-13-2011 ~ 01:54am
OH, and everyone.
The purpose of the Sandbox is giving feedback, not establish a conversation or plain praising.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

evelluchia

evelluchia

Quote by FranIn before the deletion appeal thread, I'll explain again why the vector was deleted.
As alenas mentioned in one of the first messages, the vector is simply too small, if you crop down the white space to just the character it doesn't meet the size requirement. It should be over 600,000 pixels and the character is just 296,000 pixels and as you can see, too small.

Sorry dear! Just make it bigger for your next try.

merged: 08-13-2011 ~ 01:54am
OH, and everyone.
The purpose of the Sandbox is giving feedback, not establish a conversation or plain praising.

thanks fran ^-^ i dont mind i dident know the minimum size thanks very much ^-^ youve been a very big help ^-^

my next one is most definetly going to be big enouph ^-^

??????
Signature

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

Notice that the recent comments that don't add any feedback to the member's submission will be deleted.
Be mindful.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

evelluchia

evelluchia

actually i think that this thried is safe to close ^-^

??????
Signature

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.