Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Be gentle. - Minitokyo

Tagged under Five

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

I guess its only practice... I like this style a lot - so.. you know.. expect a lot of this from me. It may not be.. a beautiful vector/painting, but its something.. unique.. if you want to call it that.

--> http://i56.tinypic.com/2z89tap.jpg <--

resource: http://i8.mangareader.net/five/12/five-636477.jpg
stock images
stock shapes

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

It's really good so far. But I think the wallpaper is blurry, if not the whole wall, then the vector. It hurts my eyes when I look at it. And I think you can do more to the BG instead of making the bottom a reflection. I can't really tell what can you do. But maybe if you made an abstract BG would look good.

Good luck!

Signature

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

I think you could implement the 'rule of the thirds' here - namely, move the character a bit to the middle of the wall because right now, she's a bit too far to the right and the focus doesn't fall on her instantly.

Signature

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Well.. she's wider than you think due to the gun and confetti, but yea I will continue to work on this.

Asuha, the vector is extremely crisp and the bold color is likely different for you to look at, but what's causing the blurriness I realized... is the water I added. Be sure to come back once I update it so you can tell me if it works better with a new background. Also, I saved in the maximum quality of JPEG that I could, but I can see the jpeg artifact on the girl especially.. I'd save as PNG but idk if this site allows that - i'll play around with it a bit.

merged: 08-26-2011 ~ 05:21pm
How's this?
http://i54.tinypic.com/2aeyykl.jpg
PNG version (so you can see how stupid jpeg is being to me right now)
http://i54.tinypic.com/2h6aoh5.png

I know I'm annoying and unwanted but I really would like to progress to be something worthwhile on this site... so.. help me out

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by jakuro

I know I'm annoying and unwanted but I really would like to progress to be something worthwhile on this site... so.. help me out

That's crazy talk. Don't be like that : )

Ok, so for the wallpaper I really love that wall and the shadowing. It looks cool and is rather spiffy if I do say so myself. The only thing i"m really iffy on is the particles and the sidewalk/street. Things like that are incredibly hard to do, and done well they can look amazing. Unfortunately, the street and sidewalk stand out from the wall itself, which tends to be a bit distracting. If you'd like to stick with it I would completely recommend it, but it definitely needs some refinement.

As for the particles after the gun, I think it's a great idea but I'm a bit curious as to what the plan is with them. I like how they curve around, but they just sort of stop after awhile. If you were to do something, perhaps maybe make a few near the flag itself and just keep it around there instead of extending it so much.

That's just my two cents!

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

since the confetti and glitter breaks away you can still slide her over just a tiny bit, right now it looks so empty on the left of the wallpaper, I really like the background of her on the second one, but cb made an excellent point don't think you are annoying us in the least, that's the joys of learning is it not? :) but that seems to be about the only problem I see with it, is the glitter/confetti effect, if she staying to the left, adding more effects to the flutter of the glitter/confetti would make her not so off, since, if you don't look hard enough you can't see a lot of that stuff.

but these are two opinions now so I hope to see what you might decide upon and run with it. I have enjoyed seeing your stuff thus far in the indy art and wallpaper section and don't get/be discouraged when they get deleted that's what this section is for and there will always be someone eager to help just be patient and things will fall together :D

BuBbLeS!

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Since the piece has been submitted, this thread will be closed.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.