Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is this wall good enough to be submited? - Minitokyo

Is this wall good enough to be submited?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Painter

Painter

Skull Master >:3

Hello to everyone
I need for help with this wall
wall
Is it good enough or not and I must add something else?
I made it with one scan, many brushes, some gradients and color works
scan
Thanks in advance)

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

That's good wallpaper....
but i think background and image didn't fit..
the location of Lightning was good, but at the time you select the background of these scans his horse's ear is not selected properly..
Thus, there is a little whiter than the previous background...

i hope that can help..
:)

sorry for my bad english

I can't be the best without you by my side, back07
Signature

Painter

Painter

Thanks for your comment)
How do you think is it better?)
wall 2

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Agree with back07, the BG isn't a perfect choice, maybe something more scenic, like Gran Pulse scenery with all that planets and cocoon in the sky would be more interesting... but I would leave this one as it is, its nice and clean. Not much to do here. Good luck with your future works^_^
Both versions are good, the choice is yours then^_^

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

srsn

srsn

anime marathon!

Good Enough to be submitted?
Hmm let's see...
If you mean gallery acceptable, yes it is acceptable, but if you're the type who looks for or wants to attain perfection of some sort, then there are still things to improve.

BG - Since your character has this predefined lighting already I think you should make your BG in a way that its lighting matches the character. You could do a scenic grassland BG or something that galaxies but the light source should be the same as that in your character.

Signature Image

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

um...
i think the 2nd of your work is better than your 1st..

and then as a AnGeeChan say :
"Both versions are good, the choice is yours then"

yep..
i agree with her..
The choice is in your hand now Painter.

i hope it can help

Signature

Painter

Painter

Thanks all for your comment)
But so Lighting and space aren't good together(
this 3rd part and I'm sorry if it's not good(
wall 3

AnGeeChan

AnGeeChan

Mangaka

Guess the third is best cause in there its noticable how sky from blue turns violet. Change of colour makes things a little more interesting. So if you are not into switching the BG to be something totally different like scenic, this could be the final version.

"Ah, dear God, if you really do exist
Watch over this child who will not give up"

I definitely think the galaxy background is a put-off compared to the scan you used. (as previously mentioned)
I know what your aiming for but the first time i ever made a wallpaper also, i tried putting a scan on a background with a random galaxy and no matter how much i tried to alter it or seek help... it just never appealed to anyone.

The only thing i can honestly suggest is to go have a look throughout Minitokyo and get ideas for fitting themes and backgrounds. As i see its your first wallpaper attempt, i should just offer this simple advice. Don't rush... learn different things throughout Photoshop (if that's the program your using) and experiment. Getting that first wall out can certainly be a pain, but trust me... you don't want to keep wasting your time making revision after revision on a wallpaper with a background that simply doesn't work no matter what you do. As mentioned, the better choice would be a scenic style background, but like i said... take some time to look at some wallpapers throughout MT and get some ideas!

I wish you every success on getting this wallpaper completed and ill be seeing how your future revisions go! =)

Since i don't know how to do it... if someone wants to design me a userpage... I would really appreciate it...! =3

Painter

Painter

Thanks)
I'll try to make something else)

back07

back07

Awakening MODE

um..
Painter...

i think the 3rd wallpaper is the best..
:D

the sky is good...
the sword is good too..
interesting wallpaper..

if you want to improve this wallpaper..
that would be better..

i hope it can help

merged: 12-13-2011 ~ 10:51am

Quote by PainterThanks a lot)))
But I decided not to submit this wall for a while ^^
I'll try to make it better even more :DD
Thanks for your help :3

yep you're welcome Painter...

i'll be waiting your next wallpaper...

merged: 12-13-2011 ~ 10:51am

Quote by PainterThanks a lot)))
But I decided not to submit this wall for a while ^^
I'll try to make it better even more :DD
Thanks for your help :3

yep you're welcome Painter...

i'll be waiting your next wallpaper...

Signature

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

The starry background isn't so bad - Try making much darker sections in the background (like go all the way black, or deep navy) and make that moon your lighting. You'd have to add shadows to the backsides of the render manually. Once you add those shadows, the render will not look so out of place. My advice is no good if you don't understand light sources, though, but I assume you do.

Good luck!

Signature
::wake up in a dying world looking like the antidote::

Painter

Painter

Do you mean this
or this
2?

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

2 looks good to me! Now add shadows to the right sides of the protrusions and backsides of the render (as long as its a separate layer, it should be easy)! It looks better already, just need to fix lighting so the edges don't appear so hard.

You can also disguise the edges by adding a lighting layer over the very top, a soft one, combined by screen or lighten. A nice radial gradient (white or light blue - to transparent) coming off the moon.

Keep piddling around and you'll have a classy oldschool wallpaper

If you have issues with the shading still, Send me your render as a .PNG with a transparent background - and I'll make an example for you :D

this way you dont have to start over, i really think its looking nice now that we're setting the scene better

Signature

Painter

Painter

Sorry, Jakuro, It's all I could do т.т
I don't know how to do the edges mor softly T-T
But I made the radial gradient comming off the Jupiter ^^
Hope it's better D:

jakuro

jakuro

殁 4 LIFE

Its okay! Doing your best is always fine you know. I'd take off that outer shadow you placed on the render and just leave it at that. Its perfectly submittable if you do that :)
hope I could help at all, didnt want to stress you out XD

Signature

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Since the current wall has been submitted to MT, I will be closing this thread!

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.