Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What's worse? - Minitokyo

What's worse?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

Er... this'll probably sound like a really odd quesitons but...

Like the title of this thread says, what do u think is worse: A. People who think they can do something but can't OR B. People who think that they can't do something but can? And why?

Personally, I find people who think they can do something is worse, because they always think that they're just as good as everyone else or maybe better... It annoys me when people like that talk like they know everything about seomthing, but really don't.

For example - I have an uncle who thinks he can sing, ::and I know this is mean:: but honestly, he couldn't sing to save his life... It's like listening to nails clawing at a blackboard.... >.< .........

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

A definately. Those people are always more
arrogant. I'm more like type B. :) :) :)

I hate people who pretend like they know everything. It annoys those of us that do. Damn cocky bastards!!!!!!!!!

xandman

xandman

The King of Hearts

hmmmm.... very hard, which should i choose? XD haha... i would say both A and B yeah? hahaha ^_^'

well, i'm not so fond of people sayin' and braggin' that they can do this and they can do that.... and when you ask them to show up, they deny it.... haha..... man... so much lies in our world now isn't it? hahaha :D
we all start out as newbies, and we get better and better, hehe :)

but i like to brag alot..... well, i think it's a fair thing, considering the things i brag about, i can do as well, hahaha.... ^_^' *trying to sneak away from sam... lalala*

hahaha.... your uncle thinks he can sing? how old can he be? 99? 87? 25? XD

Signature

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

LoLz, Alex.... Actually, my uncle is... I think.... 46? yea... that's about right... ^^ I love him and all but damn, he seriously cannot sing... XD

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

Definitly B my friend. Some peoples donĀ“t do what they MUST to do I add this too if I may...
This is worse than everything else indeed.
See ya!.
Cheers.

Wow, pretty hard question to answer. -_-
i would have to go with B, because at least they aren't bragging, and can do something.
I think bragging is alright but too much sucks. -_-

Crazyrabbit87

Crazyrabbit87

TKD Freak

think both A and B are pretty annoying...buh i think B is worse. personally i cant stand ppl with no self comfidence. i rather have some1 thats confident themselves, talk big and acaully try to accomplish it. i mean every1 talks big sometime or another, whether its to some1 esle or in ur head....how do u think goals are made? i cant stand ppl who dont believe in themselves and think themselves inferior to others. its like one of those repititious anime dramas where the main character is a lame butt and cant think better of him/herself while the viewer might be going "WTF"....yea i know lots of ppl like that...annnoying aint it? having push them everyday so they dun kill themselves in greif or something.... :sweat:

Why settle of 'good' when you can have DIM SUM BAR!!!

Ari-chan

Ari-chan

The Odd One

Well, me being more like type B, I will say type a, because they really do annoy me. Especially when They start boasting about what they think they know but really don't (actually I do this too, but only when someone asks me and thinks I know everything about it, so I'll just go with the flow) . ^_^'

Signature

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

The people that think they can do somthing but can't are arrogant, but at least they have self confidence.
Its the type that think that they can't do something but can, that really bother me. ^_^'
They don't even try and if you ask me thats just pathetic. :angry:

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

autumnchill

autumnchill

~.::.Memento Mori.::.~

I don't like any of them winter...They're both pathetic. I get aggravated by those who think they know it all(*hint hint...wink wink*) and I get even more aggravated by those who can do something but can't. So all in all, I hate both...but I think I fit in the group where people can do something but can't...ironic isn't it?

~.:: R E M E M B E R - T H A T - Y O U - W I L L - D I E ::.~

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Quote by autumnchillI don't like any of them winter...They're both pathetic. I get
aggravated by those who think they know it all(*hint hint...wink wink*)
and I get even more aggravated by those who can do something but can't.
So all in all, I hate both...but I think I fit in the group where
people can do something but can't...ironic isn't it?

pretty much eveything I want to say XD
and yes, I believe I can do something... but I can't, and sometime later I find myself can do a thing I think I can't... humans are indeed complicated being... *sigh*

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

TenchiFan

Anime Fan(atic?)

Perhaps the most important question is WHY each of these groups of people behave the way they do. After all, the motive that drives a person to behave in a certain way is key to understanding that person.

In my personal experience, there are people out there in the big bad world who directly tie their self esteem to their abilities. These types of people can never be wrong, because it would mean there was something wrong with them. I feel sad for these people, since I realize that they do not understand there is more to your place in life than what you know or what you can do. I also find it very difficult to relate to people in this group, since any conversation you have with them will usually end with their opinion being the only valid one. I cannot recall encountering anyone who was honestly unaware that they could not do something they claimed that they could.

By the same token, there are people who can accomplish something, but either honestly have no clue about their talent OR they are surrounded by others who are so much better that they become intimidated. The real question for the second group would be when confronted with the situation, do they simply withdraw, or do they make a big scene about "poor, poor, pitiful me." For those who withdraw, they may just need additional encouragement to explore their talent and use it to everyone's benefit. I utterly despise the scene makers, since they are throwing in the towel just because they are not among the the best at something. And they are being hypocrites; to act like they cannot do something when they know full well they are capable.

As to which group is worse, I guess neither is necessarily worse than the other, although I might have more (conditional) sympathy for the B group. Both groups are denying the truth---perhaps the real test of which is worse should be a measure of how hard they try to convince YOU that the lie is truth...... :D

Tempus Fugit; Momento Mori.......

Vivid-Rein

Vivid-Rein

Brom's slave

I hate the A type people. They are annoying. And like Socrates said, knowledge is knowing that you know nothing at all.... So i geuss im a type B person, because im always complaining on how i cant do it, then i try and im able to!!

"This will be our final battle..."
Signature

Well i leave the choice in the hands of others. They can deside wether i'm type A or B. And yes like most here already said type A people are annorying sometimes. Tho i don't mind if they prove they can do something real good.
And i agree with xandman, the world is full of lies. Damn sick world... hmpf...

Has to be number "a" , people like that can be quite funny in some ways, but most the time they just make me sick..

I will access your heart right away..

I would have to go with "a". That type is more likely to harm others through their own beliefs than group "b".

a version of this question was posed and answered a few years back. In a nutshell, incompetent people overestimate their competence, while highly competent people tend to underestimate their competence. It's evidence of the saying, "A fool knows everything; a wise man knows nothing."

What was interesting about the study is that, even after shown proof of their own incompetence, incompetent people *still* continued to rate their own competence quite highly. "Indeed, across the four studies, participants in the bottom quartile not only overestimated themselves, but thought they were above-average."

http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html

tiantito

tiantito

-[D]-

i think both annoys me cause the ones that say they cant but they can ...have no selfsteem and never want to try........but the other ones annoys me more cause they r all the time saying they can and when they try to do it they just leave otherones do it or try to hide and give excuses.....

Producto de exportacion Colombiano / Colombian exportation product
Signature

ejwcobra

ejwcobra

Master Hacker

type A is always more annoying because they're arrogant, i'm more like type B i think

Think deeply of simple things.

I have the same problem with my brother. He's the Type A, he's learning to play guitar, he's a beginner, and at the same time he sings, or I should say, he thinks that he sings.
First he's terrible playing the guitar, I think that I play better than him and I don't even know a bi t about it.
Second, he sings horrible, and he likes to show to everyone that he can do it, it's really annoying.
Type A are the worst!!!!!!

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.