Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New wall WIP - Minitokyo

Tagged under Another

page 1 of 1 9 total items

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

actualy it's been a while since i make any wall ^_^ and i might be a litle rusty lol

here is the new WIP : (Anime : Another, Chara : 見崎鳴 Misaki Mei )

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/e21krei/WIP/th_MisakiMei2snap1.jpg

still not sure what the background ,will it be, bed of flower, coffin, or none?

should i used my usual style of shading? (check my latest wall and indy) or try new style of shading...

personaly i want to learn new style that look soft in color and perfect blending to the BG but no success so far @_@ wish there a tutorial for that (specialy for someone who draw with a mouse like me)

~Searching for a place where dreams come true~
clannad-fans the-planning-board
Indonesia Doujin Support Indonesianese

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Uhm it's really hard to tell anything at this point since you've only got lineart and that hand colored. I'm guessing the idea behind this is 'the artist's way of doing things'? The way you colored that hand looks perfectly okay to me but if you want to try different techniques, you're of course, free to, lol. If you don't feel like painting everything to achieve that soft, blending look, try gradients, they're pretty useful for that, too.

As for the background, coffin sounds a bit too...rigid, I think a bed of flowers would be better...maybe even grass with flowers or sheets or something like that? ^^;

Good luck and keep it up!

Signature

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

ah sory about that ^_^ actually the one that wll be used for the wall is the chara, after taking a snapshot i doodle on the snapsot making the hand XD

maybe i try the gradient, can u give me some example a wall that used the technique?

i said coffin since i just want to make it a dark and gothic style, but that just a moment of impulse XD

one more question :

what do u do first, artline all + background then start coloring or finish the chara first (until finish with color) then move to the background?

i usually make the chara until finish then move to background but when i do that it seem i can never make the BG blend well @_@

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Hmm, well, I'm usually a painter but I did some pure vector wallpapers and this would be the best example of one where I used gradients, too (link) - I used them mostly on skin, hair and dress. I also used them in this vector (link) so you can check them out if you want.

I usually make the lineart first then color everything. I always start from the background because that way, I have the setting and lighting already made and it's easier to adjust the character colors, shading and lighting according to the background then - you can blend in the characters more easily when you can see the light source, the colors and the overall setting of the wallpaper.

Signature

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

on your vector link did u used gradient on the shading of the clothing? did u select area you want to give shading and color it by using gradient? i always want to draw/color like that but for some reason never success doing so @_@

maybe that's why my BG not blend with the chara, i think i will try like you do (hope it will improve my drawing ^^)

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Yes, I used it on the clothing, too and I usually select the desired area (and shape) with pen tool, right-click on 'Make Selection' and then start applying gradient as much and as far as I deem fit. I usually never let it go all the way to the end of the selected area which makes it look like the color blends into the other one.

Good luck with it, can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

Signature

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

i see. that way will be faster too than shading it manualy with brush tool like i usualy do, not to mention the shading will be smoother than using brush. i think i just level up XD thx for the lesson.

by not let it go all the way to the end you mean by lowering it opacity on each end (or just one end) at the gradient setting and only the center that get 100% opacity, right?

Alenas

Retired Moderator

Alenas

Gone.

Uhh, close but not exactly, lol - I always use the one with one half on 100% opacity and then gradually going to complete transparency starting from the middle - that way the ends of the things I want to shade are always shaded and the shading gradually blends into the other colors as it goes outwards...Not sure I explained that well. But you can also try your approach, too, I'm sure it also works. Just don't rely too much on that gradient for shading things like I've seen some people do - they just apply that gradient for hair or metal and leave it at that; it looks sloppy and lazy and not detailed enough.

You can also try vexeling but that's not exactly something that blends colors smoothly, you just play with the opacity and colors of vectorized shapes to get the results you want in shading and lighting. xD

Signature

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

ok thx ^_^ i'll try to combine shading using gadient and my usual shading, and see how it goes.

merged: 04-29-2012 ~ 09:56am
finally the chara is done ^_^ took some time since i was buzy with other things

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/e21krei/WIP/th_Misaki2snap3.jpg

just need the Background but a little confuse what should i make for the BG... idea?

merged: 05-03-2012 ~ 09:25am
finally finish :

http://static.minitokyo.net/thumbs/38/12/583138.jpg

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.