Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Logic and Stupidity in Emotions - Minitokyo

Logic and Stupidity in Emotions

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

Putting aside the fact that emotions make people happy and joyful, I read another string about 9/11 and how many people were grieving over the catastrophe, and most recently the earthquake or flood coming from the East.

Can somebody remind me why everyone was crying and being upset over everything that does not affect them directly?

It's not a question of insensitivity, being sensitive in the world today is bad anyway since it mostly means you're going to lose your job, at least where the highest paying jobs of the world are concerned only results matter. If someone you don't know dies, it does not affect you. But if an entire building collapsed and the news showed it crumbling. . people at home will be shocked and dismayed, at least showing some sign of being affected. The gravity is different but realistically. . it's just people you don't know that are dying. Logically you should not be affected.

Point of the matter is it's still people dying that you have no personal idea about or relationship with. I do not see why they even bother to feel anything, I'm sure many others could care less either and the most relevant topic to this is suicide of a person or colleague you know or work with.

If the guy chooses to kill himself, let him and move on. I don't get why people become upset over it and for some, even after 15 years they are still upset over it.

I see nothing positive about this at all, emotionally affected or not, you don't tie an anchor to your leg before you run a race. But since I can't see things very well in this way. . (because women can explain emotions a whole lot better than guys), I was hoping if maybe someone could enlighten the other half of us who have no idea why being emotional is really worth the trouble. I am also positive there is a good explanation on why people become sad and upset over things not directly affecting themselves which has nothing to do with not being self-centered.

Spoiler (show)

I must also be bored to be talking about emotions at 11pm. .

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

Princess-Sophitia

Princess-Sophitia

Goddess of the Sea

I think emotions are very important! I can't stress that enough, emotions drive people and inspire them to do great things, but they can also overburden people if they don't know how to control them...

I tend to be a bit emotional for various reasons, but I think it is important for us to care about the deaths of other people because it shows support for the victim's loved ones who are grieving for their deaths... I suppose emotions make us human, and not just animals who live by instinct... Also wehavesoulsandanimalsdon't,butanyways-

Without emotions, life would be really bland, and people wouldn't be as varied... I guess I'm not really addressing the actual questions you put up, but I'm just writing what I'm feeling ^^;

Like, we can gain affection for animals, objects, and even fictional characters because of emotions, and emotions help us connect better with other individuals...

I'm not exactly sure why I tend to become sad when others are sad, but... I just do, I have an abnormally high amount of empathy or something, but anyways

I always imagine how I would feel if someone I loved died or was hurt... I'd really want people to show love and support, since I would be going through a hard time...

It's really important to be sensitive to other people's emotions (generally) because saying or doing the wrong things can cause them to do something reckless or bad, but of course they have all of the accountability of their own actions still, people's words can affect them in certain ways....

I guess I feel emotions are really important for helping us care about someone other than just ourselves, and that helps the world overall, but sometimes emotions (like anything else) can also be a problem, but I think they are very very important, and I am truly glad to have emotions.

Sorries I didn't really answer the questions, I don't exactly know the answers, but I just wrote from the heart @_@

Signature Image "I know I'm not strong, but I'm cute!"- Italy, Hetalia: Axis Powers

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

empathy is a start, seeing it on the news/media is a second. just think, we see it all the time in movies and have become used to it, yet when we see it in the news we get upset over it. another is, some still have compassion and humanity. and yet there are those who do not wish ill will upon people and don't like seeing it when it does happen to a fellow being regardless of four legged animal or a two legged animal. people are going to react either directly or indirectly, that, equally, shows us we are still on the right path, even though so many have strayed from the right path. it's hard to maintain in a cold, brutal and isolated world, if you are not like this. so, this, people will mourn with strangers, people will show compassion towards another rather they know them or not, because it's either we want to and we can, or because we have other effects into play. this is how the world spins and always will spin.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

medorico

medorico

Existing is not living

Before we are anything we first become citizens of the world and even if we start off not thinking that we aren''t, we learn to become one. As a citizen of the world everything that happens affects us, just as if it were happening in our own back yards. It is not weak or pointless to feel fear or sadness or anger over whatever is going on. We feel this way because we are human and prone to strong emotions that include but are not limited to love, forgiveness, empathy, loyalty, compassion and consideration and to deny these things is to deny the very things that set us apart as unique. And so when our neighbours lose members and their homes are destroyed and their spirits and hearts are shattered we can rise to the occasion and offer our prayers and our help.

We are citizens of the world, not different from each other by much and bound by the same laws that govern human decency.

Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear; clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress.............
Bruce Barton

all these emotions were developed as a result of evolution i guess... there are following few logical reasons for people feeling them (reasons that i can think of. there might be more). Due to these reasons, people since the ancient times decided to help each other.. and it became a sort of habit to feel the need to help each other. Emotions drive people, and brain creates emotions which are beneficial to its existence(in most of the cases.. brains can be pretty stupid too). This led to such emotions as sorrow which make you sad if you don't help them. Which make you sad if you have to help them

People in america felt shocked about 9/11 because though they might not even know those who died, they knew that they were americans, and the fact that they(others, who didn't die) or their loved ones could have been the target too as they're Americans too, was what made people sad, shocked, angry. Those who weren't americans were shocked because USA is one of the most (if not the) most powerful nations in the world. And if even it could be attacked the what about others? This is what made everyone sad, shocked and angry. It's a question of security. It is what maintains countries, this collective sentiment.

As to natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, etc. people feel sad because they can imagine what the life would be like had they been the victims. They feel like helping because they also want to be helped if anything like that occurs in their own region.

Why people don't care when they hear about one or two strangers dying? Because death is unavoidable. It doesn't imply any unforeseen threat to them. You can't fret about everything, right?

as to suicides.. it's that kind of thing when you feel extremely annoyed when someone does something stupid.. just that in this case, the stupid thing is very morbid. It is frustrating how easy it is to give up life.. life, which is the most important thing of all. Just one misdirected thought train can make one end his life.. it's a disturbing thing. Someone you know, committing suicide makes you realise how easy it is to die. That's what makes you sad.

And as to whether such emotions are beneficial or not.. they are meant to be beneficial, but excess of everything is bad. If one keeps moping about sad things, then he's at fault. And people are prone to commit mistakes, because we aren't perfect.. but we can always strive to get closer and closer to perfection. That's why we still feel those emotions, but we should know when we're overdoing it. Also, not feeling such emotions at all is also bad (for one's social image) and ruining your social image is bad for you as not many people (unless they have a bit flawed reasoning) will be willing to help you.

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

Quote by Darthas
Can somebody remind me why everyone was crying and being upset over everything that does not affect them directly?

it's just people you don't know that are dying. Logically you should not be affected.

Point of the matter is it's still people dying that you have no personal idea about or relationship with. I do not see why they even bother to feel anything, I'm sure many others could care less either and the most relevant topic to this is suicide of a person or colleague you know or work with.

If the guy chooses to kill himself, let him and move on. I don't get why people become upset over it and for some, even after 15 years they are still upset over it.

I am also positive there is a good explanation on why people become sad and upset over things not directly affecting themselves which has nothing to do with not being self-centered.

Recently I read this book. This book maybe have answers you seek, how people with no relation and we never know can affect our life without we reliaze, all explained here.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.