Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 still blank pages on download images - Minitokyo

still blank pages on download images

page 1 of 1 12 total items

The problem of blamk pages when attempting to veiw or download full sized images heas reared its ugly head yet again. Firefox today installed an update and now I can't get the full sized images to appear on the screen. Just what is going on. This is the third time in as many weeks this problem has come up. Could somebody please permanently fix the problem. Thanks you.

I am having the same problem here to, Just a blank page when viewing and/or download of a full sized image.
I had no problems viewing and downloading over the last few days and I also use firefox so that can't be the problem, this could be server related or something else.
At least this post will let the right people now about the problem and I'm sure they are working on a solution as we speak :D

Yeah, this is happening once again. Most likely the server hiccuping again.

Happening to me too. Image would not show.

I've been experiencing a similar problem for at least 4-5 days now. The picture refuses to load after clicking on the thumbnail and only after multiple page reloads will it finally appear, though download speed is very sluggish, and I have a fiber connection, so speed shouldn't be an issue at all. I've already tried refreshing my internet connection and reinstalling Firefox but no luck so far. Internet Explorer also behaves the same way, so I don't think it's anything on my end.

merged: 02-03-2013 ~ 10:21pm
Those experiencing this same type of problem should try this: call up the command prompt in Windows and execute a "tracert minitokyo.net" command. This tells you the actual path that your data takes on it's way to the MT server where the pictures are stored. Each entry represents a "hop" on the route as the data gets passed from one router (piece of network equipment whose job is to make sure your data reaches it's destination in the fastest and most efficient way possible) to another till it finally arrives at MT. If you see any blank entries and/or "request timed out" notifications in the results, then your data isn't making it through, which would explain why you're experiencing problems when trying to download pictures from the site. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done if it's a piece of bad network equipment somewhere along the route, because fixing or replacing it is the sole responsibility of the ISP who owns it. Hope that helps a little.

I have the same problem too, pictures just don't show or show just a part when trying to see the full view. And sometimes when finally is visible the download is incomplete. I did what vanfokerdumplestine said and I didn't find any problem (no blank entries or requests timed out). I thought it was a problem of my internet or my laptop but I have this problem in another computer with diferent internet source (that is better in both issues), and also tryed with chrome and happens the same u.u

NiraVancopoulos: Are there any entries with "cogentco" in your trace route results for MT? The reason I ask this is because I recently identified them as the culprit for the problems I'm currently experiencing with this and other sites. You see, right now a part of their network is experiencing problems which is affecting service in many parts of the United States, including California where I currently live. For me, the route to MT goes through this particular problem area of their network. Upon looking at a map of their network infrastructure, I see that they have a presence in Mexico as well, and that problem area might be affecting you if your data also goes through it on it's way to MT.

vanfokerdumplestine: Yes, there are some routes with "cogentco" in it. So there's nothing I can do just to patiencely wait for the problem be resolved, right?

And it seems that goes a bit better in Chrome than in Firefox, at least the times I have to refresh in order to see the full view are less (sometimes not even necessary) and there's no problems with downloads.

There is one thing you can do but I can't guarantee any results: Call your ISP and ask if they can reroute your connection to bypass the problem area until the issue gets resolved. Unfortunately, this might not even be possible if there are no other alternative routes to take. I'm not familiar with exactly how developed your country's network infrastructure is compared to the U.S., so there might only be one route to begin with. On top of that, if your service provider is already under some kind of contract with cogentco to use their equipment, then that'll prevent them from doing so as well. The only thing you can really do at this point is call and complain. If enough people do it, something will get done eventually, because this problem has gotten a lot of people angry already judging from all negative comments I've been reading on various forums. From what I can tell, this problem started about 2-4 weeks ago and has been going on ever since, and the company in question has a history of problems like this going as far back as 2005. Sorry I can't do any more to help but at least you now know what's going on with your Internet.

Thanks for that tip on using Chrome. I'm going to try it myself and see if I get better results also.

Quote by NiraVancopoulosvanfokerdumplestine: Yes, there are some routes with "cogentco" in it. So there's nothing I can do just to patiencely wait for the problem be resolved, right?

And it seems that goes a bit better in Chrome than in Firefox, at least the times I have to refresh in order to see the full view are less (sometimes not even necessary) and there's no problems with downloads.

Yes, sometime with Chrome, you have to refresh it a couple of time in order to see the image.

happytail73

happytail73

TRUE BLOOD FUDANSHI!

same problem going on here....server problems again...hope they'll fix this fast...

Live a little! Cry and Laugh a lot! And don't forget to always Love!

I'm having a different sort of download problem. I can see the image and when I click download everything goes as normal but when I go to open the downloaded image it comes up as a white box with the words "hosted on minitokyo.com" in it. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.