Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sleeping butterfy - Minitokyo

Sleeping butterfy

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Ni hao everybody today i took the time to work on a new doujinshi and s always i am lacking on ideas for the background.
if someone can drop by and give a hand i will appreciate loads.
this is the piece so far https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9JxZzRq8O10/UTzPSl0yEpI/AAAAAAAAC9Q/0G5XiB_F38M/s1000/sleeping%2520butterfly.JPG

the idea is that she's laying down

Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Hi!
whoaa this looks pretty! for some reason she reminds of a fish.. :P
hmmm for a background, since she has a butterfly dress the backgrounds that first come to my mind are flowers and grass....

but what if she's floating in a pond? like in this one:
Aquamarine by Nysha
Aquamarine by Nysha
or this
turn away from light... by crapmonster
turn away from light... by crapmonster
I was thinking of a koi pond too....

If you want to go for the field, which I find too plain :P here are some references:
Hyouka#588593

and
Lucky Girl

or what if she's laying on a giant flower? like a sunflower or an orchid?

Signature Image
This day we fight!

It's kinda odd for a butterfly to lie on its back ^^;
and the way her hair look and those translucent wings, it really makes you think of her lying on water, So.. it makes me think of some combination of butterfly and backstroke swimming...
oh wait.. it can also be seen as normal butterfly style swimming but seen from under water, that might actually look good o:
like this: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/yndsptssm/yndspts01.jpg
um.. see this video to see what i mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-639WuN-b0

you can still keep those wings and all and show as if she's just floating face-down in water ^^;
i hope whatever i said helps -.-'
Good luck ^^

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Like xangel0 and TheCompiler, it seems a bit odd for a butterfly to lie on its back... From the pose and her hair... it almost seems like she's rising out of something... like some kind of magic levitation.

Signature Image

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

Not sure if u guys noticd but the wings are not really wings but her dress sleeves ^^
Now i have two opnios on levitation and two on floating on water
I'll go for the two ideas and make them both on transparent paper and then decide for one XD

Signature

Quote by DaniellyNot sure if u guys noticd but the wings are not really wings but her dress sleeves ^^
Now i have two opnios on levitation and two on floating on water
I'll go for the two ideas and make them both on transparent paper and then decide for one XD

yeah i did notice ^^;
which reminds me to say, i think you should make the outlines of her hands a bit more visible through those translucent sleeves. Just a thought ^^;

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

yes I noticed too :P
that's why I came with the water idea ^^

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

okay so this is the development i'm not really satisfied yet
i liked the floating on water idea better cause the pond feel really got to me so this is the pice i got
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TpoQzeZ4wVo/UU9niaLSE8I/AAAAAAAAC9k/uJ8_mW7yGxw/s512/dream%2520of%2520flying.JPG
the dream of being a butterfly but the feling of flying can only been achieved by floating
what is irking me now is the water effect that i always fail at getting
anyone has a good tutorial for that?
should i put the water reflection to the horizontal?
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zneLEt3G5a8/UU9niV0t_pI/AAAAAAAAC9o/-hztIq1EVT4/s1000/dream%2520of%2520flying2.JPG

Signature

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

I tried to look for some tutorials but had no luck u.u
water in a pond is still most of the time, so if I'm not wrong the water reflections has to be more horizontal, but not that much, maybe like this:
Macross Frontier#576429

And since you haven't finished I guess you haven't added this, but just in case, floating stuff in the water tend to make ripples, so, adding some ripples could help ^^.

Signature Image
This day we fight!

Danielly

Danielly

Crucify my Love...

waa that image will help me a lot xangel0! thanks a lot for looking it up for me <3
i'll try my best with this water reflection ^^
and yep i'll work the ripples after i'm done with the water cause i think it will be easier like this hehe

Signature

thingperson

thingperson

Elizabeth, Ruler Of All Bishies

Maybe have her be coming out of a blooming flower/rose ? Its different and she does look like a butterfly and it would be different than her in rippled water. Its just a thought, it may not work and you may have already come up with a better idea. Good luck on your doujinshi, im sure whatever you pick or do will be great ^_^

All hail Queen Elizabeth, ruler of all bishies. Watch your back, you wanna-be's
My Husband's are Kaname, Tsuna, Ichigo, Naruto, Haji, Hei, Sebastian, Lee-Leng
and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature
	Image VISIT THE userpageskindesignss20-signaturestudiotag-licious AND JOIN US

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.