Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Two Deleted Posters - Minitokyo

Two Deleted Posters

Tagged under Vocaloid

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I spent more then an hour working to patch together both of these posters together and I want to know exactly what it was that got them deleted. I assume it was Jpg artifacts since size not an issue here. Can you tell me where exactly on the scans these 'artifacts" appear?

Here's the deletion info:

Quote by SquirrelLuvsPnut,

The scan you have submitted (Like A Dream) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- The image was too small. Only scans with a clear subject of 1,000,000 pixels or more are accepted.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to: page folds, dust, or text on the image.
- The image was enlarged. The majority of anime images found on the internet are not sufficient quality to be submitted at Minitokyo, please do not attempt to enlarge these images for submission.

If you still find the scan is of decent quality however, you can always submit it at Minitokyo's sister site: Zerochan.

Quote by SquirrelLuvsPnut,

The scan you have submitted (Get Natural) was removed for one or more of the following reasons:

- The image was too small. Only scans with a clear subject of 1,000,000 pixels or more are accepted.
- The scan contains excessive artifacts. This includes, but is not limited to: page folds, dust, or text on the image.
- The image was enlarged. The majority of anime images found on the internet are not sufficient quality to be submitted at Minitokyo, please do not attempt to enlarge these images for submission.

If you still find the scan is of decent quality however, you can always submit it at Minitokyo's sister site: Zerochan.

Fenafir

Retired Moderator, Scanner

Fenafir

If its not jpeg than its the scanning artifacts. The picture is full of these making majority of the image not smooth especially on smaller subjects like the chibis.

What is an 'artifact' exactly?

JPEG artifacts (lossy data compression) are portions of the image where there is a distorted, unusually spotty or otherwise messy appearance. These artifacts occur during extreme data compression when some of the data is lost during the process because the compressor cannot reproduce sufficiently the data in the saved (compressed) file. Noisy areas along the edges, smeary regions, loss in color fidelity, and pixelated areas are some examples of the result which make the image unpleasant to look at and detract from its appreciable value. Compression artifacts commonly happen, for example, when somewhere along the line the image was converted from a jpg to another image format like a gif, png, etc.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.