Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo Before - Minitokyo

Minitokyo Before

page 1 of 1 8 total items

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

Hi!
Since I'm new here, I want to know how Minitokyo looked before.
Is it the same as it is now or did it have other layouts with another system?

here for a moment

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Hmm, I can't provide a screenshot with the original layout, but here are some from custom layouts I made: Sailor Moon (2008), Dark night, Sola. These are all from the front page. The color scheme is the same as the one now, but the header image was this one. The top part of the page was also bigger IIRC, but the layout looked more "flat" than the current one. IIRC, the layout was switched in 2010 (can't believe it's already been 3 years!) and MT's been up since 2004.

Some more notable differences:
- MT used to run on a credits system. You didn't have to buy credits, you earned them through participating (commenting on forums and galleries, not sure about submitting things as well) - hence the part about credits in the menu on the left in those screenshots. No achievements;
- Aside from credits, members got 5 free image downloads/day. Once those were up, you had to spend credits to download.
- We didn't have a drop-down menu at the top, almost everything was in the menu on the left.
- Userpage skins were built by uploading an image cut into a few (6?) parts called "slices", and editing colors for links, main background, text etc. I don't think we could play around with the CSS like we can now - basically, now we can have an almost entirely different site for our userpages ^^' You had more freedom with the group layouts IIRC, those were editable in CSS.
- In your control panel, you had an option to browse MT with the userpage skin of another member. It was similar to what we have now but instead of entering the username of the person, you picked from a list of all custom UP skins! And you got to name your skin, so they would be sorted by name and not username. FUN TIMES.
- I think there was a limit to how many wallpapers/scans you could submit in a day, but I might be wrong so don't take my word for it ^^'

This is all I can think of at the moment, if I remember something else I'll post again ^^

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

http://web.archive.org/web/20040429181946/http://www.minitokyo.net/
^ to see how it looked.
Just click on different dates on the calendar at the top to see how it changed over the years :D

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

Wow! There's even an "Anime Pictures Dump" haha
Thanks~ Now I see that it evolved so much :)

here for a moment

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

I guess I can ask this here!

I swear that MT used to have a blog.

I haven't logged in since 2007, I was surprised to see there is no auto delete, and that I remembered my password! But I digress. Am I correct about the blog? I lost my school certificate and somewhat recall I posted my results on the MT blog, otherwise it was a different site I guess!

on-t, the skin-coding has been changed (or it auto deletes) as mine is gone :(

ps, shoutout to the old crew that I used to chat with/comment on.

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

unless the blog came before I arrived, then I don't recall there being a blog. there is guestbook and for a while there wasn't a shoutbox but it came back when I was around. there's also other places of fun these days. and there was a deletion and manipulation of all coding, so anything you were using before 2011 or was it 2010 when the new css coding changed? someone else I'm certain will have the accurate numbers there, but these codings are no longer valid. you'll have to cruise the site for the proper coding which is used here if you want to tweak your profile again. there are people who do coding requests, check out this forum http://forum.minitokyo.net/26 these days the site is sort of slow in many places and there appears to be less people who come on, but, over all, this site does still maintain a bit of excitement here and there and a steady trickle of activity still. but no there is no purging of accounts here, if you can remember your pw then you're good to go !

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

Fair enough!
I was thinking about the 2004, which may be before your time, before the credit system was introduced.
I don't know about now, but yeah MT was thriving prob up the top in terms of communities, mainly due to the "high tech" of the forums at the time.
My anime days are behind me, but there was a fair bit of nostalgia logging back in! Good to see it still going.

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I know about the credit system, I was in the mist/middle of that, and sorely miss them, they were far better than the achievement system in my opinion. I did suggest it, but I didn't quite realize how twisted things could become, but it's here to stay and they still do make the site active so it's not a total loss :) and there is a blog on this other site I venture too which has been around for quite some time and it's anime related as well so maybe you could have gotten that from another site. although I do remember the delete feature, it was in place before the previous layout where you could delete things posted in your guestbook by yourself, but not posts on the forums, you could over on anime paper when it was still around. maybe that's where the blog idea is from, didn't do much over on ap when it was still around, found it bland compared to the mt fun, too many sinister trolls over there and it felt like they didn't do much about them like they care to take care of them over here to keep their naughty actions in check ! I've been with animation all my life, no way am I going to give it up ! sure it's hard sometimes to find the genre and not the cliche that is so popular, but it's still possible to find something :D and mt isn't just for anime, it's for gamers and people who just want to do art. so mt does have more going for it than other communities out there with similar status on the net. it's just so happens facebook and google + deviant art or lack of activity which could be making them die away. at least mt is still hanging in there :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.