Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fashion Styling (what (not) to do) - Minitokyo

Fashion Styling (what (not) to do)

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

So I hate most public interaction and if I want to be noticed I try to make it as offensive to the human eye as possible. So polo T's yes, or no? Also anyone else a fan of bright yellow. Stare at it long enough to get green.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

@ Val: a dozen times "yes" on the experimenting with nails. I'd also advise against buying solely brand products (Miss Sporty and the likes), they often cost a ton and you get very little nail polish (quantity-wise); I think I've mentioned this before in this thread, lol. Look around the shops near you; I've also found these also have more colors/hues than stores that sell only brand stuff.

I started off with colors similar to my skintone (pink or brownish), then went on to red, green and white (which I was surprised to see it looked good even though I'm not pasty white). Then I started adding dots and stripes and drawing swirls and flowers (not all at the same time, lol) and got to the point where my best friend sometimes asks me to do her nails XD You can really do a lot with a bit of time and 5-6 different colors of nail polish~

A black dress is a must, you can use it for almost any more formal occasion (and semi-formal ones too). Remember to accessorize!

@ Distortion: depends. Polo shirts are sometimes regarded as douchey. They're more expensive than normal (collar-less) shirts - at least the good quality ones - so they're worn by guys who want to show off that they've got money. Pop your collar for +50 Douche Points. Wear multiple (3+) shirts overlaid and that'll get you +200 Douche Points.

If you want people to notice you, just wear a Hawaiian shirt.
Or wear an orange sweater with purple jeans and thick-rimmed glasses (doesn't matter if they have lenses or not <- YES, I'VE ACTUALLY SEEN THIS. WHY.)

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Distortion

Distortion

Bwahahaha!

The Hawaiian shirt is my pants/shorts actually, and you know I completely forgot about the collar thing! I need to go find my wrap around sunglasses now. Perfect.

Signature
Remember kids! Violence cures cancer!
"You're liquefied, betch!", Frylock.

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

wrap-around sunglasses = swimming goggles?

Also, for Hawaiian shorts, this is a must. + spiky, accidentally-dumped-an-entire-container-of-gel" hair with bleached ends.

The Fashion Police on the Internet would probably have a collective aneurysm.

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

@Panda: Anyone should know the brands can be just as bad/good as non-brands. Non-brands or homebrands save you 50% if not more. Amazing if you don't have 100 bucks to spend every week. Beware the same goes for clothing. You can always check the seems if it is good and have a look at the fabric. It can honestly be just as good or even better than branded ones. Make-up is honestly...almost a joke when it comes to the price. Then you realize these people also go to beauty salon's and such...Guys, beware of these type of ladies if you value your pockets.

@Pande: Black dresses are good...sadly, I only have a semi-formal one. It does look really nice! With black dresses, you can always fit a pantyhose underneath in case you don't want to show off your legs too much and to have more sex-appeal!

@Distortion: The only way to make people look at you is either...you must look like Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus...or the better option of being an odd one. Odd dress styles are always eye-catchers. Why? It doesn't fit in...just like the skinny girl doesn't fit in with the 12 fat girls.

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

pandemonium91

pandemonium91

@ Val: my mom always suggests getting clothes made out of cotton. They're great for keeping warm during the winter and absorb the sweat during summer, but in a way that doesn't make you feel sticky/wet. Synthetic materials - those that make clothes stretch - are strange because they don't hold heat when it's cold outside (so wearing no undershirt = freezing) but also hold in sweat when it's hot outside (and can cause you to sweat even more profusely + the sweat stains are VERY visible, no matter the color).

@ Distortion: you can also stand out if you dress nice i.e. what's been said here: right colors (for your skintone and clothes = color coordinating), right materials, right fit (not too tight or too baggy), right sewing (the way they're put together/sewn, can't find the word for it now).

Hmm, some practical color tips:
- dark clothes under bright-colored transparent clothes work better than the opposite e.g. wearing a black bra under a tan/white transparent blouse (the effect is intentional) looks better than wearing a white bra under a black blouse (which just comes across like we're seeing your bra, when in fact we shouldn't*);
- if you live in an area prone to lots of bugs during the summer, avoid wearing "plant colors" (mainly green and yellow). The bugs will LOVE you otherwise;
- wear light-colored clothes in the summer, they won't heat up so fast;
- wear dark-colored clothes in the winter, they "attract" light.

* depends on what you're wearing on the bottom. A white skirt would be OK in this case since it balances out the white bra. But a black skirt would be a definite NO.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 30 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.