Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Error when replying to threads - Minitokyo

Error when replying to threads

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

"There was an error with the database. If this problem persists for more than 10 minutes, please make a bug report.
If you think an error has occured, please make a bug report in the forum.
Return to the Minitokyo homepage."

This error displays sporadically when replying to forum threads. The problem doesn't persist for more than 10 minutes, but it does persist on a daily basis. Noticed it started a few weeks ago.

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

I noticed it when you type less than 10 characters in a comment or forum thread . . .

that was fast . . . but not fast enough . . .Signature Image

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

"I noticed it when you type less than 10 characters in a comment or forum thread . . ."
- kyoru-chan

Oh, do you mean this error?

"The following errors occured:
body: Post too short, the current minimum character count is 10."

That's a different error and believe it is intended.

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

oh . . . is that so . . . i tried to make a group but error occured . . . it said that " Group creation has been disabled at this time. You can however continue an existing group, PM a moderator for details. " (T=T) I want a Rurouni Kenshin Group :3 . . . but almost no one replied to my invitation *sobs*

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

The reason has been stated already:

Quote:
Group creation has been disabled at this time.

so it's not a bug.

here for a moment

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

oh . . . okay . . . but can I make a Group ?

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

You can't, but maybe you can talk to a Mod who knows more details about groups as I don't know much. ^^

here for a moment

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

ah . . . hehe . . . thanks . . . so only moderators can make a Group ?

shadowwhuntress

shadowwhuntress

Divergent

Right now, I think so. You can try dropping by the page of Hoo-san, Firefly-san or Darthas-san to ask about it. They're kind and approachable. I'm sure they'll provide you with more details^^ Good luck~

And ah I think we're already deviating from the original objective of this thread, so if you have any questions, PM me or any other Mod as I only have limited knowledge.

here for a moment

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

yeah I noticed that :3 . . . sorry . . .

thanks for your concern shadowwhuntress - san ! ! ! :3 you're so kind (*-*)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

at the moment no one can make a group, not even certain colors can make groups, you, can, however ask one of the blue for a group take over only if the group is inactive and all/most of the admin/mods of said group are gone. in the future, please do not hijack a post and discuss off topic matters, if there are other errors please make a new post and discuss it there.

as for the original topic at hand, I am not experiencing any trouble, but it could have been fixed by now. are you having the issue/s still? I have noticed when there are a certain amount of people on the site certain things will break. just because no one is posting something or doing something that doesn't mean there aren't people on the site. peak time is a bad time to do some stuff. in the past, I have noticed such an error occurring, but it was mostly when there were a lot of people on, or more than the usual traffic or they are doing something to the site for various things. please state if you're still having this issue, so they can look into it. it could be an isolated case or it could be something happening where they need to fix a coding. this can also happen when more than one person is in an account at a time. it's weird how things have been tested for errors.

BuBbLeS!

Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Quote by kyoru-chanI noticed it when you type less than 10 characters in a comment or forum thread . . .

Is to prevent spam or one word posts. (Though personally I consider those one and same)
Already 2 normal lenght words are more as 10 letters. Forums are meant to create discussions, not huge post ammounts.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Darthas

Retired Moderator

Darthas

レキシコン

No trouble posting.
Might be your browser.

[20:54] Lexicon: I may be 3rd place in the popularity poll but at NASA, the # order is 3>2>1.
[20:56] DXBlair: its a placement poll..not a countdown idiot
[SIG design by Valuna]
Signature

kyoru-chan

kyoru-chan

- jo - chan . . .

thank you and sorry angelxxuan - san . . . I appreciate your concern . . .

for now there aren't any errors occuring in my mt profile :3

merged: 12-07-2013 ~ 09:58am

Quote by akiranyoIs to prevent spam or one word posts. (Though personally I consider those one and same)
Already 2 normal lenght words are more as 10 letters. Forums are meant to create discussions, not huge post ammounts.

is that so . . . i'm new here so i'm analyzing the rules and sort . . . hope i can cope here . . . thanks btw . . .

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

@angelxxuan - yes, it happened a bit ago (within the last 15 mins.) when I posted in the three word story thread. Not sure what the peak time is/are for MT, but can see how that might be the issue or contribute to it.

@Darthas - Oh, how would the browser be the cause of the problem? The post still goes through despite the error.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

this also happens with private messages sometimes. it's one of those glitches. here's another method to try, try putting some time between posting, I have had this happen to be once or twice, it was because I had too many tabs open and was spamming about when I was in the mood to spam sort of thing. try to put more time between posting something. I can type pretty fast so I'm able to post out pretty quick, the server could consider you a spam bot and sends up the data base error.

but it is possible to be related to browser, I've found no trouble with this site (for the most part) with firefox, however with safari, chrome (ie is a literal nightmare) and using some devices I've noticed more errors. this has happened before when someone else was posting too much at once, there was the "data base" error and the post still went through and it merged the post.

the peak times varies, but it's mostly when the most people are on. typically in afternoon for america time zone and it's around evening america time, and then there's the rest of the world's time about the same time. based also on the peak time of your server is a factor, when there's more people on the lines/site that's when there's going to be more lag and issues.

try various times and methods when it comes to posting. hopefully some of these advices will help you out some. best of luck and keep us updated. because if it is just you then it could be because you're posting too fast, so try slowing that down some and see what happens.

as for the post limit, there is a way to get around that but then it's further spam, but people do this method from time to time just so they can spam. but yes it is 10 words, it use to be more but dropped when the new site updates came about. so don't fret, if you do get the warning just type more into the phrase, but the site was meant to be chatted up not spammed up. but thanks to credits and later to achievements that's an entirely different story. this is not to discourage activity by any means, this is meant to cut back on spam and other things about the site of spam bots. so just play around and have fun and try not to worry too much about spamming, just be careful, I have a feeling (from my own personal experiences) that when posting too much, too often and/or too quickly can bring about the "database error page"

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

Appreciate the helpful points, angelxxuan. It hasn't happened today, so will see how it goes.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.