Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 "G" rated anime/manga - Minitokyo

"G" rated anime/manga

page 1 of 1 23 total items

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Hi all,

Recently some of the students in my Japanese club have expressed an interest in anime/manga. However, our school has a very strict policy in what kinds of videos we can show our students.

What are some anime/manga series that are good for ages 10 and under?

So far:
Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Yotsubato!
A Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar

Signature Image

MisaSasekage

MisaSasekage

War Queen

Beyblade should be good also, Digimon.

HurtHattori

Linguistics

HurtHattori

Maybe Kobato would be a good option, too. Just my two cents :D

vectory french-tribu linguistics-team
Don't beg for it. Earn it. Then it shall be granted to you.

ToshiroBurrito

ToshiroBurrito

Muffin-chan's return!!!! X3

Precure! :D

"Standing up for yourself is important, Standing up for others is more important, but Standing with others is most important." - Disney
"Life without happiness is not a life at all." - Toshiroburrito (Personal Quote)
Join our group now:
zero-and-ciel-fangirls

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

As far as I remember, Kamichu! is tame. It's about a school girl suddenly becoming a goddess and, well, you can read the rest on MAL ^^ The only complaint I could see would be that it's kinda slow at times, but there's no offensive language or sexual scenes in it.
Now I'm in the mood to rewatch it ^^"

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Pokemon first season!
And the best sports manga I've ever read, Slam Dunk! I bet its anime should be good too. But dunno if it'll be suitable for 10 year olds. I probably haven't interacted with one for past 6-7 years >.<

(how about ninku? I used to watch it when i was.. hm.. i don't think 10.. maybe 11-12.. it has cool fight scenes and usual shounen themes, except I dunno about that one guy in that anime who suddenly strips down to a sumo loincloth for fighting o.O')

Why die only once when you can die a little everyday

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by pandemonium91As far as I remember, Kamichu! is tame. It's about a school girl suddenly becoming a goddess and, well, you can read the rest on MAL ^^ The only complaint I could see would be that it's kinda slow at times, but there's no offensive language or sexual scenes in it.
Now I'm in the mood to rewatch it ^^"

Kamichu is pretty tame overall and definitely more suited for younger views. Reminds me that I still have the DVD set still floating around somewhere.

Signature Image

Doobyfunk15

Doobyfunk15

Kampfer Hario

I can't think of much other than what's been mentioned already, like Pokemon and Digimon.
I mean, I'd say most of Hayao Miyazaki movies, but I haven't seen them all personally, it just seems like they'd be ok :P. 'Spirited Away' and 'Howl's Moving Castle' though might be a little much.
I'd suggest Ponyo.
Transformers: Robots In Disguise.

It's hard for me because I don't watch a whole lot of anime, but I'd say most of it is not child friendly.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

I was going to suggest Azumanga Daioh but then I remembered the pervy teacher XD
You can try Sailor Moon? Or if you're looking for sports series, what about Eyeshield 21 or Prince of Tennis?
There's Hikaru no Go or maybe even Shamen King.
Cardcaptor Sakura as well :)
Just thought of another one: Fruits Basket? Dunno if it might be TOO dark for children though :\

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

I really liked Clamp Campus Detectives and Angelic Layer as a kid, and I am pretty sure they are both G-material (though you might have to check for some language and cursing, it would be sparse).

Magic Knight Rayearth was generally clean with good messages, but a few transformation scenes and blood/violence might make it unsuitable.

I think Kaleido Star was also G, but again you probably would have to watch it first.

Of course, when all else fails, you could always just fall back on Queen's Blade.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

Adding to Ghibli movies, I think Castle in the Sky would be good! And isn't the Secret Life of Arrietty more kid-friendly? (I haven't seen it but I've heard good things about it ^^;) I know I watched Spirited Away when I was young, but I doubt that would be good in a school setting :T

As far as anime TV shows go, my brother absolutely loved Naruto when he was younger, and I'm pretty sure I watched Sailor Moon in like preschool. I seem to recall Shugo Chara being fairly light too. I haven't seen that in a while though =w= hmmm and I've seen suggestions for Card Captor Sakura and Erin elsewhere. One of my friends told me that Tsuritama was her first anime, and it seems really light-hearted but I'm not sure how much kids would like it o-o

I also found this if it helps!

dchoggia14

dchoggia14

Gumi x Len

hmm, popolocrois monogatari, mary bell and minky momo can be a choice but looking where you can buy its maybe a bit hard since they are old anime. the cat return and animal crossing , they are good movies for kids, you can consider its

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Naruto is not G rated, period. Just because kids like it, it doesn't means is suited for them.

If I would have time and mood I could find more, but here are what pops out from my mind:

Anyamal Tantei Kuruminzoo (anime) Aired in 2009-2010 with 52 episodes (23 mins), and wasn't that noticed exactly for the fact that it was aimed for the youngest age category. The 3 Mikogami sisters find the research of their grandfather and are able to turn into animals. In their animal form they utilize their abilities to solve some "detective cases" which are usally very simple and funny.

Aria (anime/manga) - Aired 2005-2008 with 3 seasons, Aria, Aria Narural and Aria Originations. We all love Aria and we all know that it is suitable for all ages, how comes nobody mentioned yet?

Hidamari Sketch - Aired since 2007, in already 4 seasons (Hidamari Sketch, Hidamari Sketch x365, Hidamari Sketch Hoshimitsu, Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb) and countless OVA's and specials. It's long career exactly shows show well liked In Japan this show is. Four girls live in a apartment building named the Hidamari Apartments, near the art school where they are students. Showing their everydays life and worries, it's my no.1 recommedation for a all-ages suitable show. Also one of the few which is published as official manga in english under the name "Sunshine Sketch"

Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat (anime) Aired back in 2002-2003 with 48 episodes (arround 6 mins), but it was pretty common in USA on DVD so guess in second-hand can be even purchased for a few bucks. Shows the life of Princes Dejiko on her home planet, and unlike the previous Di Gi Charat series which had a rather weird humour, this was transformed to a suitable show for children. Please note that this show is licensed in USA.

Pita-Ten (anime/manga) - Aired in 2002 with 26 episodes (24 mins) Please avoid the manga itself as long it has a much darker tone. But the anime itself is cute and hilarious. Our main hero gets a clumsy angel as his neighbor and his common life turns now heads up.

Sketchbook ~full color'S~ - Aired in 2007 with 12 episodes. Sora is a quiet and slightly airheaded girl who joins the art club in her school, which has a great variety of members. Interesting is her innocent and simple minded view of her experience in the club. The last episode is one of the nicest in the history of anime as she draws a picure with all characters who she met.

Magical Meow Meow Taruto (anime) - a pretty old piece from 2001, which shows relationship of petite cat girls and humans. Zero action, but lovely.

Moyashimon and Moyashimon Returns (anime/manga) - Aired in 2007 and 2012 respectively. Our main heroes manage to get into a university - but a agricultural one! Is already weird when the director gives his welcoming speech from a top of a tractor, and even more weird that our hero can see bacterias with his eye... Except the hilarious comedy you can also learn about fermenting or how various foods/drinks are produced, so is really educative as well.

Nanatsuiro Drops (anime) - Known also as Seven Colored Drops. A anime slightly similar to Cardcaptor Sakura but much newer and with a deeper guy-girl relationship element.

Tamako Market (anime) - Aired in 2013 with 13 episodes. Our heroes are children of shop owners in the market district. One day a talking bird from a foreign country appears who is searching a suitable bride for the prince of his country. Interesting also by the fact that it has the same character design as K-On.

Tamayura: Hitotose and Tamayura: More Agressive (anime/manga) - Aired in 2011 and 2013 respectively with 12 episodes each. A high school girl moves into the home town of her mother after the death of her father. She enjoys photography and quickly makes a bunch of friends. Heartwarming stories with 1st class music. In the second season, she tries to make a photography club in her school. But as long she has a clumsy nature, her teacher recommends her "being more agressive" which usually ends in some hilarious way.

Non Non Biyori (anime/manga) Aired in 2013 with 12 episodes. The city girl Hotaru moves to the countryside due her fathers job. The series makes a parody from the slow village life, but in a very cute way. The characters are lovely with great, but not crude jokes.

Gingitsune (anime) - This anime ended just a month ago with 12 episodes. The main girl comes from a priest family and as a successor she has the ability to see the guardian deities of the shrine, in our case a silver fox. You can also look behind the scenes of japanese traditions and celebrations.

Kiniro Mosaic (anime/manga) - Aired in 2013 with 12 episodes. Shinobu-chan really loves western culture and her dream comes true when she is able to homestay in England for a year. But now when she is older, the situation turns arround and her english friend Alice transfers as exchange student right into her class.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Monu-chan

Retired Moderator

Monu-chan

For me best anime is Cardcaptor Sakura because it doesn't involve blood, killing each other and ecchi.
There are also so many anime which are suitable for kids under 10 years like Pokemon, Digimon, Doraemon, Ninja Hattori-kun, Beyblade, Magical Doremi and Perman etc.
these all anime are the part of my childhood and I always used to watch all of them.

Anyway, what does mad mean exactly? Aren't we all a little mad?
Don't we have to be somewhat mad just to go on living, to go on hoping?
Signature Image

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

Oh wow, I forgot about Aria. Haven't seen it personally (but plan to), but it looks kid-friendly.

Naruto's definitely not for such small kids. From what I've seen, it has lots of battles and mature themes. Plus that pervert Jiraiya and the watermelon-boobs Tsunade.

Not sure how it would fare up today, but Sailor Moon. It's got some fighting and it's quite repetitive compared to the anime/cartoons today, I don't know if this generation of kids will enjoy it. A lot of the anime fans today have seen at least a bit of Sailor Moon as kids, though, and they weren't permanently scarred by it or anything, lol.

Let us know how it turns out!

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

Dunno if these have been mentioned already:

Hamtaro
Maple town monogatari (very old xD)
Tokyo MewMew
Chi's sweet home
The Secret World of Arrietty
The cat returns
Medabots

Signature Image
This day we fight!

UsagixKitsune

UsagixKitsune

nsɐƃıxʞıʇsnuǝ

Emma: A Victorian Romance
I remember thinking this would be a nice series for kids while watching it. The plot is pretty straight forward and down to earth, no evil villains or magical girls. Plus the historical setting could be considered educational? If you do watch it look out for Mery's biscuits in the opening credits.

Edit:
I just realised an anime about Victorian London is probably not ideal for a Japanese club sorry.

Hidamari Sketch
The sexual content is mild but I don't think 10 year olds will appreciate the random Shaft style jokes.

Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat
Di GI Charat is awesome. The episodes are like 5 minutes long and also it's all about akiba and otaku culture so it might fit in well with the club's theme.

Try these firefly, they're actually fun to watch:
Vicky
Maya

inb4 hrdrmeryspamsagain, they qualify.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Thanks for all the recs so far! I'll try and preview some of these over Spring Break. :)

Signature Image

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

Maybe Pokemon or Chihiros Adventure (Studio Ghibli)

tankgirl

tankgirl

~Junkmetra Bae O3o~

Kare Kano?

"You who swallowed a falling star, o' heartless man, your heart shall soon be mine."
Signature

fitarol15

fitarol15

*Karin-Koenig <3

hhhhhh maybe Pokemon it's pretty cute

"Ducunt Volentem Fata Nolentem Trahunt = Fate leads the willing soul, but drags along the unwilling one"
Signature

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

Quote by fitarol15hhhhhh maybe Pokemon it's pretty cute

Advertising tool to sell games and trading cards. Outside of some pokemon being cute it isn't educative either. So your point is?

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.