Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is your favorite manga? - Minitokyo

What is your favorite manga?

Group announcement by MangaHolics

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

With all that you have read for manga, what has been your favorite thus far? If you have more than one, then share with us how each has earned the top spot in your heart/list. : )

agent-Achika

agent-Achika

Nobody can be uncheered

My favorite manga right now is: (Sankarea).
I enjoy it because its funny & charming.

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

Noblesse is technically not a manga but close enough I guess. This had been my favourite for years. I love the humor most of all even though it's suppose to be an action type of story.

Technically suppose to be my favourite manga because it's an actual manga is Assassination Classroom. I thought it was gonna be a serious kind of manga but it's very light hearted. I love the character development of each of the student which in my opinion is pretty much what the manga is all about. Teaching the students on how to improve themselves not on just an acedemic level. I really wish I had teachers like them :(

#likethat'sabadthinglol

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

There are quite a few manga that I really like. Narrowing it down to the ones I love, it ends up being Yotsubato?!, One Piece, and Nobunaga no Chef.

Yotsubato?! is a manga that has made me laugh like no other manga. There are a large variety of events that Yotsuba and the different characters experience, which are all humorous and entertaining. : ) Yotsuba just has this energy that doesn't quit and you want to keep on exploring each adventure, too.

One Piece is such a dynamic, growing, and living story. Oda Eiichiro has created something really special in this manga. It offers just about every type of character, place, and situation imaginable. The difficulties that each character goes through feel more real in this manga (as oppose to the two second/panel defeats and hardships seen in other mangas). How Luffy and his crew rebound from adversity is inspiring, but not beyond belief.

Nobunaga no Chef covers an interesting topic: Expressing feelings and intentions through the cooking, preparation, and presentation of food. It does this while taking place in a historic time period. The main character, Ken, happens upon an event that transports him back in time to the late 16th century of Japan. Using his vast culinary knowledge from the 20th century, he opens up people's minds, hearts, and tastebuds to new experiences and points of view.

Redwyn

Redwyn

#SJW apparently

For some reason One Piece doesn't really appeal to me. I really like shonen compared to other genre. I always wanted to check it out but it always seem to slip my mind. How is one piece different from say naruto or bleach?

#likethat'sabadthinglol

moritz

Scanner

moritz

the cursing hedgehog

M'y favorite mangas are To Love-Darkness, Ikkitousen, High School DxD, Sun-Ken Rock, Btooom!, Triage X, Maken-ki, Futari Ecchi, Nozokiana, GE-Good Ending and many more. I like action, ecchi, humor...

I'll give you a spoonful of ecchi with a pinch of humor ^_^
Signature

Cirru

Cirru

Interstellar Force

Quote by RedwynHow is one piece different from say naruto or bleach?

Apologies on the delay of reply, Redwyn. I had missed this. v_v

Well, to start off with, I never became interested in Bleach. I had a friend that loved it and lent me the first volume (years ago now). It did not appeal to me and I gave him the manga volume back.

I do read both Naruto and One Piece; however, I read Naruto more out of an interest to see how it ends than a love for the story. Naruto, to me, feels much too short in some places and overly long in others. It can also be repetitive at times (such as with the current, 'it's the end/final battle' situation... stop dragging it out - it is either the end or not). A lot of what is happening now feels more like explaining the back story of things that have gone on previously.

One Piece is a constant discovery and adventure of Monkey D. Luffy. The title is derived from the treasure of Gol D. Roger, who is a very famous pirate from the generation prior to Luffy. When Roger died, he made a last statement that his most precious treasure, One Piece, is out there. This set into motion the next pirate age. : ) The trials they go through are believable and are not always easy decisions. Characters don't 'level up' with a convenient 1-7 year time skip that covers a few pages. The manga has a good pacing, interesting main and side characters, good humor, and is an all around great read. I have purchased every volume released in the U.S. thus far. Oda-sensei's creation is worth my money. ^_^

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.