Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Duplicate scans. What exactly qualifies? - Minitokyo

Duplicate scans. What exactly qualifies?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I was browsing the Nurse Witch Komugi Female Scans section to check if a scan I have had already been uploaded when I noticed duplicate scans. I thought that I should be a good citizen and report them, so I looked through the category, found a whole bunch of dupes, and reported them.

However, evidently my knowledge of the system here at MT is lacking (I'm still new). I got notifications from [Bot]Chii that they had been resolved (about 10 or so of them), yet the category is still riddled with duplicate images.

Can someone explain the exact criteria for determining when a scan is dupe that must be removed. I have had a few scans that I uploaded deleted for being dupes (I didn't know the series, so I couldn't check first). So it is rather safe to conclude that scans do get deleted for being dupes under certain circumstances. Can anyone please clarify what qualifies as a duplicate scan? I would hate to waste the Mods (and my own) time again by sending in useless reports.

This is in relation to Report numbers: 7968, 7981, 7980, 7983, 7982, and the other 4-5 got auto-deleted when I viewed them. On a side note, it would be nice if the notifications included the original report and the action taken vs just saying they had been resolved.

Thanks for any info you may provide.

Signature Image

Personally, I report scans that have the same images in them. :) You know how sometimes the same piccies are used for covers, ads, and inside artbooks as well? *shrugs* If the main figure is the same, then as far as I'm concerned it's a dupe. XD *shrugs*

Hm, maybe Chii just didn't kill them all at once? Ah, I don't know.
Anyways, hope that helped. And good work for reporting. A lot of people don't bother. :) *pats jim's back*
See you around, ne?

They are some WP that use the same scan (normal) but when they use different effect on it, it's ok I guess.

I am curious about the way a dublicate is considered. I try to browse for some pics that I upload, but the message about there was a similar pic, keeps comming up.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

When your scans are deleted under the duplicate reason, it means that:

1. theres a scan just like it that was submited before yours

2. theres a scan like yours but with a higher quality

3. another scan had a better discription <--rare though

Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.